+ Tom Barrass appreciation point
+ Gaff playing the sacrificial lamb role worked a treat

- JK has the yips big ways
- Cameron didn’t look like he was ready, hardly noticed him
- JD and Waterman were both quiet
- Slow starts still an issue
- Connection between the forwards and the mids was very average
- Elleni is the worst umpire the game has ever seen
- Which mid do we drop for Boots to come back in?

+ Darling, Cripps, TK all looking like they're gaining confidence and finding some form
+ Nelson & Cole have settled into the side. Best 22 players atm
+ Duggan looks a beauty. If he gets a haircut, could be our next captain.
+ Despite our atrocious form, we leave the hub with a respectable 3-3 record.

- Ainsworth, much as I want to see him succeed, looks out of his depth.
- Ryan has gone missing last few games
- The HTB interpretation is rubbish. As bad as that female ump was, it's the dumb new interpretation that is causing these dumb decisions.

Oh absolute wank. Ainsworth played a good game. Looks every bit an AFL player. What game were you watching? Matey, it’s ok to be wrong, and ok to eat a bit of humble pie.

Reckon that is really tough on both JK and JD. JK should have had 4 goals on one of the best lock down defenders in the comp. Competed really well and was absolutely mauled a number of times with no free kick. I would take that game from him against the No 1 defender each and every week as would most teams.
JD still not back to his best but he clunked a couple of really good contesred marks and his knock ons to advantage his team mates was back. I reckon 2 goals were a result of that. He was also drawing 2 defenders up the ground and breaking even. Not at his best but much better than previous weeks and makes the likes of Allan and Watermans jobs much easier. Both blokes are vital to our flag this year and they have improvement left.

I agree I was probably too harsh on Darling. He wasn't great, but showed a few signs.

Kennedy- I just don't know where to begin to be honest. Comparing him in 2020 to his own (admittedly extremely high) standards, he just doesn't seem to be cutting it for mine. Last few weeks he has missed kicks for goals he would have absolutely nailed previously. He seems to have lost a lot of strength in the shutdown. He looks lean but seems to be getting worked over. At some stages, when the ball was coming in he was nowhere near it, very little separation. He isn't bringing the ball to ground, his oppo's are taking marks against him.

Not about it at all. Not one bit.

Hope Kelly’s knee isn’t too bad. I also hope they don’t drop Cameron straight away. Tackles far better than Petch and just needs some more time to clear out the rust

Couldn't agree more: he's one our best youngsters - just looks a bit deer in headlights at the moment coming back in.
His tackling skills are immense - rugby league goes a long way to help you with that. Some of our more experienced players could take a lesson or two.
Petch hasn't shown any goods since way back ..

Thought Ainsworth played okay. More than fine for him to be handball happy and a goal.

Cole, Duggan, & Nelson have been fantastic the last two weeks. No idea what has changed but really like it.

The tackling of the team has really improved, very pleased to see.

Negatives can wait, two wins that we haven't been our best in I'll take and get back home.
Agree re Ainsworth, I thought he was serviceable. Obviously loses his spot for Shuey if fit, but if not then he stays.

I think it is coincidence that the 3 youngsters in the backline are playing better without Jetta, as it has also been during an improved team performance. The major positive is the future is showing signs, at the start of the season I had real doubts about our backline exits after Hurn and Jetta retired. To be honest at the moment I think we may look better with neither in the team!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won comfortably, should have crushed them and had 3 or 4 players that were awful.

That’s pretty great, but Adelaide are genuinely terrible.

I hope Mrs. Darling gives Jack some slow tender loving followed by a lengthy spooning and maybe a hair pet, because Jack looks depressed.

Still, it was a pretty good game. Kelly was great, Nic Nat dominated and the backline was excellent again.

Positives:
+ TK
+ Allen’s 3rd quarter
+ NN the best bloke in footy?
+ Cole, Nelson & Duggan solid again
+ Barrass getting back to his best
+ Intensity around the ball and attack on the man lifted again this week
+ Cripps starting to find some form
+ Ainsworth wasn’t trash and he’s put on a bit of size, unfortunately for him he’s out next week if Shuey gets up.
+ Sheppys ruggered new look with that jaw line :hearteyes:
+ We’re coming home

Negatives:
- Eleni Glouftsis, if not for her Adelaide would have only kicked 2 goals for the game.
- Darling, almost looks disinterested. Didn’t like him not getting straight to Flyin’ afterthat tap back on the goal line which led to Darlings goal.
- Another Derwayne, Derm & Lewis commentated game.
- Gabba playing surface is too small for a GF

Forwards still aren't pulling their weight.

Ryan, JK, Ah Chee and Cameron all had 5 or 6 touches.

The Crows camped out in our F50 for that second half at least. That was damage control big time from them.

What we did better was locking it in there with the defense pushing up high. The forwards weren't perfect but I don't think they were as bad as you're making out.

The mids didn't adjust, particularly in that last, where they bombed into our 50/to ROB where Crows had the numbers. Seemed like Adelaide developed a game plan to sling shot 18 blokes out of d50 via handball.

Negative: Ainsworth's massive clanger-fest. Missed target after target with that horrendous ball drop.

Whoops! That was a prepared statement I'd written after reading the absolute bagging Ainsworth was getting on his selection. He didn't star by any means, but he was OK and didn't turn it over like a few did.

- thought Ainsworth was very good, his kicking was fine today and he cracked in and linked up thru hands.
- Darling n Cripps coming back into a bit of form.
- Yeo and Kelly have awoken, watch out.
- Sheed needs to play on ball, he runs hard to spread and provide an option. He even gets into traffic to give ball out. Think we tend to underrate him. He's not quick but becoming a weapon.
- Govs captaincy was brilliant, he stood up to the challenge and was at his best.
- Shep is AA for mine

- Still work to be done, inside 50s not great
- Some terrible umpiring today, I don't want to pick up to Eleni but she's not up to the level. Seen her a few times now and she's terrible.
- Hoping return to Perth gets Ryan going again
- Cameron looks under done, want him to keep playing to improve match fitness. We all know his talent.
- Hurn we need you please...

Did a commentator say Anisworth was a great kick because that was what you would call a positive negative .......

Yep and that would be this plonker ................ one of the worst commentators going round.

download-11.jpg

The Crows camped out in our F50 for that second half at least. That was damage control big time from them.

What we did better was locking it in there with the defense pushing up high. The forwards weren't perfect but I don't think they were as bad as you're making out.

The mids didn't adjust, particularly in that last, where they bombed into our 50/to ROB where Crows had the numbers. Seemed like Adelaide developed a game plan to sling shot 18 blokes out of d50 via handball.
We were also TERRIBLE (not for the first time this year) at lowering the eyes going inside 50. Multiple times (sheed did at least 2) we bomb long when a short option 40-45m out was on. Teams (good teams, no offence intended to Sydney or Adelaide) towelled us up doing that, but we haven't seemed to have learnt.

Supply is much better, now we need to work on efficiency.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not only did he tweet the rubbish, he then went on to say it was an accident.

Embarrassing yourself further: just own your stupidity next time.

NN all class and all sponsors. He'll sit pretty after his career is over. That shove was an awesome display of power without too much given.

Oh absolute wank. Ainsworth played a good game. Looks every bit an AFL player. What game were you watching? Matey, it’s ok to be wrong, and ok to eat a bit of humble pie.
Humble pie? Wrong?
You've got a bloody good memory if you can remember me writing Ainsworth off, because I certainly can't.

The game I watched I saw:
-He was scared to kick it. Wasn't even a subtle reluctance, he always looked for a handball give.
-His handballs were limp wristed
-He was slow around the contest

Do you disagree with any of those observations?
You're a liar if you say yes. And delusional if you think those aren't serious barriers to a meaningful career.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back