Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
If posters were rated like footballers on their content there would be baying for you to be dropped.
That’s a great idea.

We look forward to watching you run around in the 3rds..

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
People see what they want to see, he was in our better 50% last night. At least he can take an intercept mark, and kick the football halfways decently. He’s far from the perfect player but I’m sick of half-cut blokes on their couches questioning his courage as he backs into packs over and over again.

He probably was. But setting the median player on Saturday as the pass mark is like.

1593988160879.png

I think most posters here critical of Macmillan are smart enough to be basing their observations on a body of work that stretches back a long time. Most.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
About 5 years ago he used to be known as the Postman because he delivered, now just delivering catalogues.

I jest of course.

What is truly a tale of our woe is here is another player that has been around a long time that didn’t get to experience success.

The list is long over the past 20 years.

He probably was. But setting the median player on Saturday as the pass mark is like.

View attachment 907010

I think most posters here critical of Macmillan are smart enough to be basing their observations on a body of work that stretches back a long time. Most.
If JMac had a football epitaph, it would be the following:

"He wasn't our worst"

If JMac had a football epitaph, it would be the following:

"He wasn't our worst"
About four or five years ago I was hoping he'd end up the sort of player Hayden is looking like off the backline but he just doesn't seem to have it in him.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

View attachment 907010

Absolutely agree, fact remains that he was alright and shouldn’t be dropped. I saw a stat the other day that Jasper is the only other player in our back 6 rated above average for intercept possessions. It’s something JMac does really well that never gets enough credit, particularly given the courage it takes.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So only one actual defender (who has never really done anything at AFL level). I'm not a big JMac fan personally, but it's hard to keep him out of the team when we don't really have anyone on the list who'd be any better in his position.
You did not have to replace him with a defender because he was already out of the team. He had been dropped the previous week. if you had read my post properly.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Absolutely agree, fact remains that he was alright and shouldn’t be dropped. I saw a stat the other day that Jasper is the only other player in our back 6 rated above average for intercept possessions. It’s something JMac does really well that never gets enough credit, particularly given the courage it takes.

courage? Hahahaha * I needed that, thanks.. shot a 96 today at Kooringal and I needed a laugh after that performance

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How can incompetent footballer continue get a game week in week in god help us all.
Tell you what keep playing him and his useless mate Atley as well then bring back Wood Turner Durden Mckay and anyone else not up to it and watch us slide down the ladder to be a bottom 3 club this year.
Then watch the membership go down from 38k+ to around 30k+ and there say the Red and Blue draft cheats are in trouble an Red and Black drug club thrashing of us on Saturday will put pressure on Shaw and the coaching staff and players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this chatter about changing positions, not just exclusive to MacMillan but...

If I have a really bad piece of furniture in my house, and I move it around, would it really make a difference in how the room looks?
Depends if it's Billy's or Billy's Mrs that uses it to throw their underwear over!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
In his last year Sam Gibson was crucial to us winning a few of the five or six games we won that year.

And was very effective when we used 2 tags in finals, one inside and one outside and made prelims in earlier years.

Even going back much earlier, people credited a late season run of 8 out of 9 wins when we changed to a 3 tall structure. The run started when both Gibson and the great Liam Anthony returned to the team. If you sat behind the goals when we were defending both were basically running wide receiver routes (whilst their opponents got caught ball watching) like the old Madden Football games to transition the ball coast to coast.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
People criticise him and alley yet there are many others doing way worse. Nothing stood out tonight as poor by either of them yet people will have agendas

When you're a couple of goals down at 3/4 time and you need your leadership team players to stand up and make an impact, it's disappointing that some of these 'leaders' are anonymous in the last quarter.

Not just tonight, but most games where we need something extra.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When you're a couple of goals down at 3/4 time and you need your leadership team players to stand up and make an impact, it's disappointing that some of these 'leaders' are anonymous in the last quarter.

Not just tonight, but most games where we need something extra.
He was far from anonymous, in fact I thought he helped shape the result..... in favour of Essendon.

Only MacMillan could make the current day David Zaharakis a match winner.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
People criticise him and alley yet there are many others doing way worse. Nothing stood out tonight as poor by either of them yet people will have agendas
Here lies James Macmillan, born 1991, died 2078. North Melbourne footballer, project management consultant, podcast co-host.

"Not the worst."

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep better at night?

I have a riddle for you.....

His surname starts with Z. He was the most influencial player on the ground. Who was his opponent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back