Autopsy vs * - Rd 6, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Please Scamper, promise me, if we don’t have the cattle available at selection time, please, please err on the side of excitement, not on boredom. That, necessarily means, not selecting big immobile VFL players in our forward line. We could even mix things up a bit. Maj, as a rookie, has numerous 4+ bags under his belt. Even Tarrant can create problems up front. We must avoid Dolph Lundgren style hulks in our forward line. It just doesn’t work. Worse still, it doesn’t inspire confidence or the least bit of excitement. There is nobody going to convince me that Majak would not have been damaging tonight,

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i'll try:
17306.jpeg

We are just a dumb and unskilled team.

3rd quarter. Dumont gets a clearance. Has Scott on his outside free with an easy handball. Dumont boots the leather off the ball which no forward has a chance of marking.
Ball spills to ground. A* player kicks it oof. Atley takes the free and kicks it way too shallow and our forwards again have zero chance. * get the ball and 45 seconds later have a goal.

Does my *ing head in and the only thing that keeps me sane is the fact that we are playing kids and surely to (insert religous deity of your choice) by playing the obvious kick it long down the line game plan is just to mask the fact that we are not trying really hard.

I watched on numerous times there being a player loose on the fat side. Good teams use the ball around laterally (fat side) to open up that congestion and move the opposition zones out of position. I have not seen BBB in any space with less than 2 players on him at one time. We are too easy to read coming in and it shows. To that fool that thinks saad and chompers were the difference, is flat out wrong.

yes, missing 5 or 6 of our best 22 doesnt help, especially ones of significant importance of cunnington and souve. Larky gets up on the wing and marks the *in pill plus kicks goals.

I am flat out embarrassed of our club today. Im appalled at the lack of endeavour from Hall, MacMillan and Atley. These 3 players are experienced footballers and it makes me ******* sick to my stomach that they keep playing.

In regards to a rivalry, Every club should rival these *******s. They are biggest scumbag club with the biggiest ******* supporters in the entire afl, yes, worse than freo collingwood and Hawthorn combined. Of course they dont see it as a rivalry, but everyone hates these campaigners!

Campbell is not a terrible footballer at all. He is a solid back up ruckman, not a forward.
Scott, Shaw, and all our fans should be able to see this.
He’s too one dimensional to be an AFL player. Ruckman need to have multiple strings to their bow and unfortunately he is only on the list if goldy goes down. He’s a ******* dpud

Lol saad and chompers wasnt the difference. The difference was skill execution, too many passengers and a stinking game plan..
Hate to say it but Saad especially, never took a possession while standing still. Every time he saw an opportunity he burst off the mark and hit the ball in stride. Our blokes can’t stop that. Our blokes often take possession while standing still then try to run. They already have somebody sweating on them and they are tackled more often than not.

We are just a dumb and unskilled team.

3rd quarter. Dumont gets a clearance. Has Scott on his outside free with an easy handball. Dumont boots the leather off the ball which no forward has a chance of marking.
Ball spills to ground. A* player kicks it oof. Atley takes the free and kicks it way too shallow and our forwards again have zero chance. * get the ball and 45 seconds later have a goal.

Does my f*n head in and the only thing that keeps me sane is the fact that we are playing kids and surely to (insert religous deity of your choice) by playing the obvious kick it long down the line game plan is just to mask the fact that we are not trying really hard.

I could not understand why Shaw is playing like this. Is it because we aren’t good enough to get the ball outside?Aaron Hall has booted the ball long to ******* no one inside 5 multiple times in as many weeks..i’d rather he get pinned for holding the ball, at least the defensive spread is still between the two arcs.

And Can someone at NMFC please ******* ask the AFL for a please explain? How at the end of the first Q that was in the back which resulted in a goal? How the * over priced Dom Tyson can smash Curtis head by stepping over the ball is NOT a free kick? And how the * can you give Zurhaar a head lock and judo throw him to the ground? WHAT THE ACTUAL *?

Hate to say it but Saad especially, never took a possession while standing still. Every time he saw an opportunity he burst off the mark and hit the ball in stride. Our blokes can’t stop that. Our blokes often take possession while standing still then try to run. They already have somebody sweating on them and they are tackled more often than not.
He cant use it though.. he kicked it OOF multiple times. He’s overrated and not the difference. He gains metres but isnt efficient or effective. We lost that game, they didnt win it. They are *in s**t and we were worse

Last edited:
He's got an ordinary team with a long injury list and some players in career worst form so he's got the cards well and truly stacked against him, but Rhyce has to step up.

For the last four weeks the ball movement has been awful, the game plan is either bad or not being followed and team selection bafflingly poor. All things Rhyce can control. Losing is one thing but doing it consistently and having a sameness about it each time is the frustrating bit. Feels like we're marking time until a difficult year is over.

He's a young coach with a mountain of problems but Rhyce needs to be better.

Everyone wants to get good dynamic players but no one wants to lose and get the higher draft picks which more often than not gets you first access to good dynamic players. Its not a real season, so play the kids start working on a game style that isn’t just kick long and punch people and we can get something out of the year even if we don’t win again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So following The Other Dean and his pre- motivational post to hang tough and find the positive, I'll put in my two cents beginning on that theme:

1. McDonald as a tagger is a step forward - further to the excellent post by Pykie some time ago that we have too many ordinary HFB flankers, finding a constructive role for one of them on another line is a big plus
2. Kyron Hayden made some bad blues, but still shows an ability to straight line the ball at speed, allowing him to cut through traffic and then make some penetrating long balls; will be a player
3. Other young ones are also making progress - as an example, Bailey Scott was better in the physical contest, and showed again he can take the pressure of a set shot
4. it's true half a dozen injured players would make a huge difference (albeit other clubs have better depth)

And then on the other hand.....

It must be a genuine concern for all of us that the consensus of BF opinion knew before the game that Campbell was not going to work in the position they played him in. If there is a slower AFL listed player, I'd like to know who it is, and his performance was border-line embarrassing to the club.

In general, we just have too many experienced players who are not pulling their weight/past their best/need to plan their post-football lives, so Brady has a job of work to do at the end of the year. The biggest concern in that regard is that with our best draft hand in 20 years, our ability to evaluate the available field is so compromised with the closure of under age football in Victoria - if our drafting this year is a bust.......

agree; the one we have who is showing a similar ability is Kyron Hayden

So following The Other Dean and his pre- motivational post to hang tough and find the positive, I'll put in my two cents beginning on that theme:

1. McDonald as a tagger is a step forward - further to the excellent post by Pykie some time ago that we have too many ordinary HFB flankers, finding a constructive role for one of them on another line is a big plus
2. Kyron Hayden made some bad blues, but still shows an ability to straight line the ball at speed, allowing him to cut through traffic and then make some penetrating long balls; will be a player
3. Other young ones are also making progress - as an example, Bailey Scott was better in the physical contest, and showed again he can take the pressure of a set shot
4. it's true half a dozen injured players would make a huge difference (albeit other clubs have better depth)

And then on the other hand.....

It must be a genuine concern for all of us that the consensus of BF opinion knew before the game that Campbell was not going to work in the position they played him in. If there is a slower AFL listed player, I'd like to know who it is, and his performance was border-line embarrassing to the club.

In general, we just have too many experienced players who are not pulling their weight/past their best/need to plan their post-football lives, so Brady has a job of work to do at the end of the year. The biggest concern in that regard is that with our best draft hand in 20 years, our ability to evaluate the available field is so compromised with the closure of under age football in Victoria - if our drafting this year is a bust.......
Maybe, just maybe he and the board have decided this is a clean out year? Maybe he is playing to see who can cut the mustard in a ****ed up year? Who knows, im hoping there’s a reason to playing Campbell? And thats the only reason I can come up with

He's got an ordinary team with a long injury list and some players in career worst form so he's got the cards well and truly stacked against him, but Rhyce has to step up.

For the last four weeks the ball movement has been awful, the game plan is either bad or not being followed and team selection bafflingly poor. All things Rhyce can control. Losing is one thing but doing it consistently and having a sameness about it each time is the frustrating bit. Feels like we're marking time until a difficult year is over.

He's a young coach with a mountain of problems but Rhyce needs to be better.
Could just have hit LIKE but this post needs to be echoed.

Selecting the same or equivalent players in positions where weaknesses are being constantly exposed is truley baffling. The selection cupboard might be bare, but if the team is going to concede at the selection table, there is a big problem. Why not be a bit bolder? It's like the selectors lack the courage to "shake it up a bit".

But if there is a lack of motivation, it's hard to see what words Shaw can use to gee the players up. Players who have checked out need more than a verbal rocket. And that does present as a mountain of problems if that's what has happened.

Not sure anyone noticed but this was the possession heatmap for both clubs at HT:

View attachment 910612

And this deserves so much more appreciation.
However I’m unsure if it says * are dicks or they made North look like dicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back