Remove this Banner Ad

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Positive -
no Margetts (be careful what you hope for I guess)
I watched the later GC game - almost devoid of HTB - was this AG+FL knee jerk responce?

negatves -
Dwayne and the team
kicking into fo and lack of options provided by out forwards

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm surprised at the lack of talk re Cameron here.

I know he has loads of potential and is coming off a very limited preparation, but if we are being brutally honest he offered (in this match) less than Petch did in his games earlier in the year.

Maybe he gets 1 more just to see if he can get up to speed, otherwise I think a change (to allow him to build fitness) would be a good option.

I think he's the future, but definitely showed that he missed the preseason.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
How did everyone feel about the battle within a battle?

Dwayne mentioned it 37 times.

I think ROB did what he said he was going to do. He took a lot of marks down back and racked up a fair few disposals.

Nic dominated hit outs and gave mids first use, and had 5 clearances of his own.

Personally I'd prefer Nic's game over ROB.

Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Gaff played a sacrifice game to get out of the hit zone to get Kelly more of the ball very good team game
I also thought he was taking up a position more defensively rather than on the wing. Had to tell without being at the ground or having the tv coverage zoom out a bit more to see setups. And to be fair to the commentators they are not at the ground either so can only go off what the limited vision on tv gives them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Positives:
+ TK
+ Allen’s 3rd quarter
+ NN the best bloke in footy?
+ Cole, Nelson & Duggan solid again
+ Barrass getting back to his best
+ Intensity around the ball and attack on the man lifted again this week
+ Cripps starting to find some form
+ Ainsworth wasn’t trash and he’s put on a bit of size, unfortunately for him he’s out next week if Shuey gets up.
+ Sheppys ruggered new look with that jaw line :hearteyes:
+ We’re coming home

Negatives:
- Eleni Glouftsis, if not for her Adelaide would have only kicked 2 goals for the game.
- Darling, almost looks disinterested. Didn’t like him not getting straight to Flyin’ afterthat tap back on the goal line which led to Darlings goal.
- Another Derwayne, Derm & Lewis commentated game.
- Gabba playing surface is too small for a GF
Also unimpressed with the lack of Liam love after that play!

Was Liam's goal....

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm surprised at the lack of talk re Cameron here.

I know he has loads of potential and is coming off a very limited preparation, but if we are being brutally honest he offered (in this match) less than Petch did in his games earlier in the year.

Maybe he gets 1 more just to see if he can get up to speed, otherwise I think a change (to allow him to build fitness) would be a good option.

I think he's the future, but definitely showed that he missed the preseason.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hasnt played AFL since August 2019. Give him a few weeks.

Will afford him some time due to what he's shown.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I only watched from the pub, will rewatch again without distraction but I thought JK looked very dangerous and was moving well.

Redden, Cole, Nelson and Duggan did a lot of good things and Kelly and Yeo were good through the middle of the ground, Kelly below his knees was especially clean.

Some really good defensive efforts from everyone. Sheed with 4 tackles and leading the team in pressure acts is a great effort.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if anyone noticed, but ultimate team player MudJu ran straight to Ryan after that play. He knew.

As for Darling, I expect we'll see peak AA Darling back home. I didn't think hub life would suit him, I remember a few years back he stunk it up big time on the Gold Coast when he had family dramas back home (I think his wife went into early labour or something), for a tent-loving playboy who slid to the second round, he's a homebody family man these days.

JK and Darling were both closer to poor than good IMO.

Darling showed some signs, good contested grab on the HFF/wing which I recall but probably didn't do a lot else. Cost us goals even, with decision making.

That 30m split decision handball was ridiculous. What animal.

Gave up and got rewarded with a gimme goal from Ryans brilliance which he didn't deserve, and hardly shows Ryan any appreciation. I mean WTF campaigner :shrug:

Kennedy is beaten in more contests than he wins these days. The amount of falling over, or grabbing on and holding his defenders jumper exceeds his wins.

Only really serviceable on the lead now, which is fine if he can make the most of his opportunities. Which is isn't.

0.3 last week from gettable shots. 1.3 this week, also from gettable shots, is just straight up costing the team. 1 goal from 7 attempts is spud territory.

His job is to kick goals, it's why hes still playing at basically 33 years of age.

Hopefully he can find his radar and Darling can find his testicles now they're back on home soil and in a safe space.

➕ Positives.

We had another win, did what we needed to do.

Solid win with out Boots.

A few of the players who had been struggling earlier in the season had better games. Redden, Gov, Kelly, Sexual ..... the team chemistry is slowly starting to work.

Oscar Allen...... the kids going to a real star, we already have our next A grade KPP on our list.

Jackson Nelson - he has his detractors on this board. But when ever he is in the team it plays with a harder edge.

Midfield starting to work better with each other and specific roles are being better understood within the Kelly inclusion.

NN continues to make his bursts of football be even more impactful.

When we surgically bring the ball into the forward 50, with accurate passes to leading forwards, we score pretty much every time.

While not his best game, having Cameron back provides better forward pressure , gee for a little guy he is one of our better tacklers.

Nice to see Mr Ainsworth play a serviceable game - didn't do a lot - but did what he needed to do - nice that he slotted the goal.

Hubs ( well at least part 1 ) is now over.......... come on home boys.

➖ Negatives.

Ball movement into the forward 50 is deplorable.
The disconnect between our mids and forwards is a real worry and the better sides will tear us a new one, if we don't fix this chink in our game plan.

The number of long bombs into the forward line and the subsequent ease at which the ball comes straight back out..... so frustrating.

Dom Sheed in particular just bombs it in high and as long as he can.
FFS if I had been given $100 for every time Dom bombed it long only to see it come back out, I would have been drinking Grange Hermitage last night.
Sheees .... he did it three times in the first eight minutes.
Think we need to give him a new nickname " Boomerang " once he kicks it into the forward line the wingmen just watch the ball come flying back out of the forward line over their heads ......... because he is the master of never lowering his eyes and laying off a precision pass.
He has his strengths but he really is one of the dumber footballers on our list..... and from a coaching / game development perspective, its a concern that this trait has not been eradicated from his game.

Oh and this one has been getting a few degrees worse each game since we won the flag in 2018.
Our inability to make our tackles stick- "does my head in" watching week after week opposition players slip a WC tackle.

Ah Chee's inability to stay connected and concentrate for a full game, its a worry.

Jack Darling is so soft and selfish at the moment.
Been a long while since we have seen one of his chase and tackle efforts. He copped a lot of abuse from me when he pranced around having kicked that goal with out running straight to Ryan, as it was Ryan who did all the hard work to create the opportunity.
Sorry Jack but that IMO was an unappreciative seagull effort .

I don't get any enjoyment posting this BUT how awful is it watching Hurn become a shadow of the footballer that he once was.
The dreaded rapid fall off in form that occurs with our older players is never nice to watch.
With current form it really is hard to see Bunga playing on again next year.
For a player who always had sure hands it's sad to see him fumbling the ball and dropping easy marks.
He will always be one of my favourites as he has been a very solid player for many years but sadly and unfortunately Father Time has caught up with him.
Hurn has been such a professional that its hard to imagine that he would be happy with his own form.

Speaking of which: its going to be very sad seeing 😢 JK and Bunga retire and I would suggest its going to be at seasons end.

Side Note :
In regards to the % boost that some were wanting.
I don't get to worried about that, we got the four points and IF in any game we get a huge win, then that to me is just a bonus.

Last edited:
Positives: Gov is back baybee! Great game from Gov, obviously loved the responsibility of walking out as captain.

Gameplan with the defence pressing higher looks orders of magnitude better. Getting our small defenders way more involved and let's our small forwards play deeper.

Nelson played a great game. Hard edged, safe disposal and clean hands in close.

Kennedy is building. Accuracy a worry but the work rate is there.

NEGATIVES:
Still battling for connection on our i50. Too kennedy/darling centric. Need to use smalls as short hit up targets when our 50 is flooded. We are undoing a tonne of good work with constant bombed i50. I think Duggan kicked 3 of them in about 90 seconds in the 4th quarter for example. Great set up to get repeat i50 but just wasted opportunity with bad kicking.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Positives: Gov is back baybee! Great game from Gov, obviously loved the responsibility of walking out as captain.

Gameplan with the defence pressing higher looks orders of magnitude better. Getting our small defenders way more involved and let's our small forwards play deeper.

Nelson played a great game. Hard edged, safe disposal and clean hands in close.

Kennedy is building. Accuracy a worry but the work rate is there.

NEGATIVES:
Still battling for connection on our i50. Too kennedy/darling centric. Need to use smalls as short hit up targets when our 50 is flooded. We are undoing a tonne of good work with constant bombed i50. I think Duggan kicked 3 of them in about 90 seconds in the 4th quarter for example. Great set up to get repeat i50 but just wasted opportunity with bad kicking.
Yeah I did love how Gov has gone from fat pie eating campaigner who was sent away from preseason to leading the team out as captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back