OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Presumably was the end of 2018.

Can you imagine having to pay that spud until age 32. Would be getting the Corey Ellis treatment for 5 years.
"Wanted to go to a finals contender" How do the North VFL team go?

He could have set himself up for life. No sympathy for him because of the disrespect he must have had for Suns in making that decision.

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
It’s clear to all that the Crows midfield is beyond garbage
I’ve suggested we go after young Mids not getting games in other stacked teams

Hately
Caldwell
Valente

Would our 2021 2nd rounder likely 19>21 range be enough for Will Brodie?
Or pick 30 this year enough to get it done considering how stacked you already are 😉

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It’s clear to all that the Crows midfield is beyond garbage
I’ve suggested we go after young Mids not getting games in other stacked teams

Hately
Caldwell
Valente

Would our 2021 2nd rounder likely 19>21 range be enough for Will Brodie?
Or pick 30 this year enough to get it done considering how stacked you already are 😉
I don't want to disappoint you but nobody will want to join Crows. It will be draft re-build.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Going back to trade season 2019 Michael Barlow was saying we should trade pick 1 and pick 2 for the Crouch brothers. Thank god our list managers actually have some sense.
Rowell better than both of them already.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
$$$ talks

Put the opinion of how sh*t we are ATM aside would 2021 2nd rounder get it done?
It will depend on what Brodie does over the next 6 games or so. He will get a chance once the team move back to the GC to impress (we can't bring him in at the moment because he didn't travel with the team), if he does the club will probably want to keep hold of him, if he doesn't get a look in and the club don't see value in him a 2021 second rounder might get it done? Who knows. We aren't under pressure to move him on anyway as he re-signed last year.

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
It will depend on what Brodie does over the next 6 games or so. He will get a chance once the team move back to the GC to impress (we can't bring him in at the moment because he didn't travel with the team), if he does the club will probably want to keep hold of him, if he doesn't get a look in and the club don't see value in him a 2021 second rounder might get it done? Who knows. We aren't under pressure to move him on anyway as he re-signed last year.
Yeah I see that he re-signed until 2022
Wonder if I’m hindsight with drafting of Rowell and Anderson he might have regrets
He’d get a gig in many other midfields easily
Adelaide
Carlton
Essendon
North

Just to name a few

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
But in all seriousness I’d be keen on Brodie
Would either Crouch bro be of interest? Or Rory Laird/ Rory Atkins
Well Brad is a free agent so wouldn't figure in any trade
I'm not sure how I feel about Laird. We need small defenders and he's obviously a 'good' player, but I wouldn't be paying for him as an 'all Australian' player

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Well Brad is a free agent so wouldn't figure in any trade
I'm not sure how I feel about Laird. We need small defenders and he's obviously a 'good' player, but I wouldn't be paying for him as an 'all Australian' player
I would be interested in Laird as a replacement for Hanley.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just a thought but should we have a crack at Alex Witherden in the off season? We desperately need HB and he's not getting a look. He's a better version of Joyce.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
I thought that earlier this week as well.

Too good to be playing scratchies, would slot in to our HBF nicely.

On the positive side as well, good HBF's are usually quite easy to come by, unlike key forwards

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just a thought but should we have a crack at Alex Witherden in the off season? We desperately need HB and he's not getting a look. He's a better version of Joyce.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
Call me a hopeless optimist but I think that Joyce will turn out a good player for us. Still only 22, great kick both legs. He just panicks under pressure as our defense was under most of the time. I expect him to improve as the team improves similar to Miller, Lemmens and other players. According to reports if it means anything Joyce was one of the best in scratch matches. If Hanley still struggles we will find out soon if Joyce is any good.

I would stay away from Witherden. He is slower than Joyce, except his first year he played crap and I don't like his attitude - often lazy, carries extra weight, a bit cocky and sprays his teammates while playing crap. Ordinary Ah Chee in defense over Witherden tells you something.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Call me a hopeless optimist by I think that Joyce will turn out a good player for us. Still only 22, great kick both legs. He just panicks under pressure as our defense was under most of the time. I expect him to improve as the team improves similar to Miller, Lemmens and other players. According to reports if it means anything Joyce wa one of the best in scratch matches. If Hanley still struggles we will find out soon if Joyce is any good.

I would stay away from Witherden. He is slower than Joyce, except his first year he played crap and I don't like his attitude - often lazy, carries extra weight, a bit cocky and sprays his teammates while playing crap. Ordinary Ah Chee in defense over Witherden tells you something.

Just my opinion.
All valid points.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Call me a hopeless optimist by I think that Joyce will turn out a good player for us. Still only 22, great kick both legs. He just panicks under pressure as our defense was under most of the time. I expect him to improve as the team improves similar to Miller, Lemmens and other players. According to reports if it means anything Joyce wa one of the best in scratch matches. If Hanley still struggles we will find out soon if Joyce is any good.

Just my opinion.

Joyce deserved a game this week instead of Hanley. Just unlucky timing, and possibly poor squad management, him not being in the NSW hub.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Yes you make a descent case... no club really wants players clogging Scap in the 2nd's, sometimes you take what you get and move on and the win is the cap space.

Id have thought you may have a young kid that would be the go for the BLine. Your young kids are so exciting but perhaps you feel its time to go mature again? Maybe if you have cash to splash..chase a FA like Corr, Williams or a FA from the Crows?

Geelong was mentioned in the article IF we can't get Cameron ... however Hawkins will probably be around fro another couple and we have Sav, Id think short term he might get more chance at the other club mentioned especially if they loose Daniher.
God help us if we have to deal with Essendon, they will want the Earth for Daniher and offer peanuts for 2MP.

also you talk about freeing up cap space as a win for us but how is your club staying under the cap poaching players like Danger, Dalhaus, Rohan, Stevens and chasing 2MP

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
God help us if we have to deal with Essendon, they will want the Earth for Daniher and offer peanuts for 2MP.

also you talk about freeing up cap space as a win for us but how is your club staying under the cap poaching players like Danger, Dalhaus, Rohan, Stevens and chasing 2MP

Iva ..'poaching' is such an emotive word. IMO, all clubs trade for other players, personally poaching I would have thought was something when we have lured a player away based on money or something they were not entitled to. Perhaps one could say any club who grabs a high priced FA sort of poaches, as they get him for nothing. I could get that...but its all opinion... call it poaching if you prefer.

Im not sure why 2mp would pick us before another club like ESS. I doubt we can play him and Hawkins in the same forward line but occasionally a players choice does confound.. why did Preuses pick Melb , no idea.

On SCap.. I think most clubs would be guessing to a certain degree atm..till they know what happens long term.

Do we have room in the cap?

Danger will be on good money no doubt but the others mentioned are on less than they were at their original clubs. Dalhaus ..it was contract length that was the deciding factor. Steven , I doubt he is on big money, (I certainly hope not).. and at years end Taylor and Ablett are scheduled to finish. So depending on how much Wright expects , I think we could afford him.

Put it this way we have been constantly linked to Jez Cameron as our preferred number 1 target , and he would cost a lot more than 2mp.

Just how much you you think 2mp would be on?

Back