Where's the AFL show for fans with an IQ above 80?

Remove this Banner Ad

^^Great article. Those who deeply understand the game believe AFL broadcasters are stuck in 1957.

Slowly, very slowly, the AFL broadcasters are going to be dragged into this century.

I don't care if we start with the filming or the commentary/analysis but change needs to happen.

^^Great article. Those who deeply understand the game believe AFL broadcasters are stuck in 1957.

Slowly, very slowly, the AFL broadcasters are going to be dragged into this century.

I don't care if we start with the filming or the commentary/analysis but change needs to happen.

That article is spot on. The obsession with close ups is ruining the broadcast.

It’s not just the AFL either. It infuriates me on the cricket broadcast when they zoom in on the ball rolling towards the rope, but in the shot you cannot see the fielder chasing the ball or the rope, just the ball and green grass.

Back to the AFL, the author of the article has also nailed it when talking about the lack of analysis from commentators. So much commentary is very lazy and cliched.

You really have NFI about anything watching at home, compared to being at the game.

On the couch isn't terrible, but it misses Mike Sheehan. Journalists are relegated to 'newssssssbreaker' or stuck trying to be one of the boys. A Marc McGowan, Travis King or even a Mark Duffield would help immensely. They don't cower or pander to ex-players and provide insight.

I can do without the smugness of Healy, but when it was Him, Dunstall, Sheehan, and Roos OTC was at its best.

I cannot listen to Jonathan Brown. Talk about the Peter Principle.

On the Couch tonight took the cake.

Tom Morris went from Cogs out this week, to being under pressure this week, to being under pressure next week, to being under pressure in the coming weeks in less than 30s. This was "news"

Slays me.
Chuck in idiot brown’s in depth analysis of the swans tigers game when he identified Ryan garthwaite as the extra defender complete with red circle who did not even play ....

Fox have some good analysis/insight commentators
When he's not clowning around, Dunstall is quite good. As is Garry Lyon.

In a 360 format, i think those two would be good.
I like the format, but Whately has lost me over the last couple of years.

I think those two with an anchor host like Sarah Jones would work for this audience.
And scrap the coach spots. they don't offer much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back