MVP 2020 GWS MVP - Round 6 (v Port Power)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Well, that game was dross. Was anyone a shining light to you? Did anyone deserve points - if so, let us all know who? You have 15 points to distribute; you don't need to use them all if you run out of worthy players, and no more than 5 points to any one player.

Thought the backline as a whole was very good. Could not possibly give anyone forward of the ball a vote.

5 - Haynes
4 - Shaw
3 - Davis
2 - Corr
1 - Ash
Shaw! He was awful, he butchered the ball so badly today it was hard to watch. His options were terrible and execution worse.

Shaw! He was awful, he butchered the ball so badly today it was hard to watch. His options were terrible and execution worse.
I thought he was excellent given the deep balls coming in every 5 sec due to the pissweak lazy midfield. He won every one on one I can remember - including on class players such as Robbie Gray.

On a side note I don't think it's a good precedent to pot other posters for their votes. You'll note I was the first one to put up a set of votes based on my assessment of the game.

I am happy that there's discussion about individual views, as long as it's polite. For mine, the midfield were poor, defenders overall good, but some individuals throughout did appear to me to deserve some points. Heater was a bit Jekyll & Hyde for mine.

To that end:

5 - Nick Haynes: continues to have a very strong season at the back - 23 disposals, including 11 intercepts, at 74% disposal efficiency.
4 - Lachie Whitfield: at times was tearing his hair out for his team mates to offer options & was his usual influential self
2 - Jacob Hopper: 16 contested possessions at a reasonable disposal rate; finally he's had a decent game this year & hopefully continues in that vein
2 - Jeremy Cameron: 2 goals but the points are more for his work around the ground, thought he had a good all-round game without kicking a bucket of goals
1 - Harry Perryman: had another solid game, was in everything
1 - Lachie Ash: thought he had a solid game - his intercept possession & contested numbers were solid for a guy in his 4th game

I thought he was excellent given the deep balls coming in every 5 sec due to the pissweak lazy midfield. He won every one on one I can remember - including on class players such as Robbie Gray.

On a side note I don't think it's a good precedent to pot other posters for their votes. You'll note I was the first one to put up a set of votes based on my assessment of the game.
Agree with pot shots, I watched the game hours later but as live (turned my phone off) and had just spent the whole game yelling at shaw for turning it over and was so frustrated with him. When I saw the the Shaw vote my frustration continued, agree poor form and apologies.

Agree with pot shots, I watched the game hours later but as live (turned my phone off) and had just spent the whole game yelling at shaw for turning it over and was so frustrated with him. When I saw the the Shaw vote my frustration continued, agree poor form and apologies.
1594627821114.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back