Review Round 6, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rayner is now showing some consistency in his game which is fantastic. Imo the next step he needs to take is being a little cleaner with ground balls etc. I think it's a confidence thing which is building, but as he gets better at it his game will go to another level.

Rayner is now showing some consistency in his game which is fantastic. Imo the next step he needs to take is being a little cleaner with ground balls etc. I think it's a confidence thing which is building, but as he gets better at it his game will go to another level.

Agree, seems to have taken a step forward. No doubt being fitter is helping. Does need to work on his hands, fumbles too much.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree, seems to have taken a step forward. No doubt being fitter is helping. Does need to work on his hands, fumbles too much.

Hopefully it doesn't get to Stef levels, he struggled to bend over in this game and when he did get down he continually fumbled.

The thing is - and the swing in momentum clearly happened after that miss - but I think it was fair enough for him to make the shot. In the clear, on the run, free players weren't in particularly substantially more favourable positions. Unfortunately it didn't work, but I don't think he was being irresponsible or selfish to take the shot.

I said this in the game day thread and still believe it after re-watching.

"Actually it looked like a tired kick to me, he ran a fair way before the shot. Learning thing."

Hopefully it doesn't get to Stef levels, he struggled to bend over in this game and when he did get down he continually fumbled.

The thing that strikes me most is you could almost bet on Cam fumbling when he’s attacking the ball at full throttle. It’s like the timings always wrong.

I said this in the game day thread and still believe it after re-watching.

"Actually it looked like a tired kick to me, he ran a fair way before the shot. Learning thing."
I remember Chrissy Johnson on quite a few occasions would ignite the crowd with an electrifying run off half back and a long kick from the 50 which would almost always miss, I think that was put down to tired legs after the long run.

Don't want to overreact over one loss or be alarmist.... BUT......

If the Saints win by more than 26(ish), the Suns win by more than 35(ish), Essendon win by more than 24(ish), GWS win by more than 41(ish), and the Bulldogs win by more than 48(ish), then we'll be 8TH at the end of the round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend's results made me think of Bangy's post. Footy this year more week to week than ever.

I remember Chrissy Johnson on quite a few occasions would ignite the crowd with an electrifying run off half back and a long kick from the 50 which would almost always miss, I think that was put down to tired legs after the long run.

2001 GF, would have matched Michael Long's 1993 effort if it went through! Re-watching that Long goal he ran a long way but just kept running closer to goals. Perhaps that's the learning thing, if you've been on a long run towards goal use every inch to get as close as possible before unloading.

2001 GF, would have matched Michael Long's 1993 effort if it went through! Re-watching that Long goal he ran a long way but just kept running closer to goals. Perhaps that's the learning thing, if you've been on a long run towards goal use every inch to get as close as possible before unloading.

Yeah that Johnson non- goal hit the post if I remember correctly. It would have gone down in history as one of THE great GF goals if it had gone through.

Ah well, we had to console ourselves with the Premiership instead.

2001 was my favorite year of all time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back