Preview  Changes v Tiggies

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wouldn't have believed that I'd be suggesting this 4 weeks ago, but with our ball use out of D50 being so dire, I'd like to see us take a couple weeks to trial Higgins & TT at HBF. Two of our best users, capable of taking a kick other then long down the line... If it doesn't work, we are in no worse place then we are now.

Our ladder position is the true indication of where we are at. May improve with less injuries, we have been well beaten by some ordinary teams recently.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d argue that every team have ranged from good to very ordinary. Any team (including us) that can string four wins in a row from here will really be in the mix. Cunnington and Larkey have been massive outs for us, given our structure.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d argue that every team have ranged from good to very ordinary. Any team (including us) that can string four wins in a row from here will really be in the mix. Cunnington and Larkey have been massive outs for us, given our structure.

Very true... hopefully neither plus LDU are far away... hoping one for this but more likely all three next

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We are fast approaching the ‘Costanza Theorem’.

If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite, would have to be right.

How strange. I had this exact thought the other day. Every decision the club makes is wrong, some because they are stupid (recontracting Scott, refusing to ever bottom out etc), some are just unlucky (giving up pick 8 for pick X the following year when none of the kids will play footy), but the premise is that we need to start doing to opposite of what we think is the right thing to do.

Not many have lost 4 in a row, except Freo and Adelaide, who are down there with us. Freo will get an extended run of home games now, so at this stage we have 17th spot all to ourselves, unless something major happens.

I was wondering when Shaw’s would start to sound like a football coach and it’s here.
I no longer listen to his press conferences and believe everything he says.
Sad but fun whilst it lasted.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Minnesota Timberwolves
Shaw reckons Murphy, McKay and Bonar have looked really good in the last month of scratch matches. So lets bring them in, have a look.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah im not sure where McKay is at, but he is the only agressive fully fit Key Position player sitting on the sidelines at the moment. Time to give him a run. Majak comes in when he has good touch amd is fully fit. Maj has never been able to walk into games off the back of injury - requires a lot of touch work to get back on track.

chubbspeterson

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That would be a good reason if it were not for the personnel that currently hold that position in our side.
Certainly an interesting experiment, he'd probably have to be the loose down back. I guess Tom Murphy has the same issue being that he doesn't have the strength in the contest. But I guess Whitfield at GWS has the same sort of issue and manages to be very damaging.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
I was wondering when Shaw’s would starting to sound like a football coach and it’s here.
I no longer listen to his press conferences and believe everything he says.
Sad but fun whilst it lasted.

A lot of hollow words at the moment.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I cant post in the Aaron Hall thread because the truth hurts.

to the last few pages. You can prove anything you like with stats. you can make him look like a superstar, you can portray him to be whatever you like in your 5 page rant. In low scoring affairs and you are bangin in points with NO PRESSURE your time is up. Hall Out.

macmillan let a spud kick 3 goals on him. Out

these poor excuses for AFL players need to hang up their boots.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Certainly an interesting experiment, he'd probably have to be the loose down back. I guess Tom Murphy has the same issue being that he doesn't have the strength in the contest. But I guess Whitfield at GWS has the same sort of issue and manages to be very damaging.
Really can't be much worse can it, lets not forget Tarrant wasn't a great forward and now he is the best FB/CHB going around. I'm not expecting that from Wood, but he has decent speed, big enough and can kick it better than most down there.

Back