UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Praying the tournament gets finished in some capacity, really interesting mix of teams left in this years competition.

What I have read is they will aim to finish the leagues and domestic cups by end of July and then have all the remaining CL clubs in the same European location and EL clubs in another European location in August and finish both competition in a sort of World Cup knockout tournament setting. I like the sound of it personally, this way the leagues won’t be start/stopped for European competition.

Last edited:
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
What I have read is they will aim to finish the leagues and domestic cups by end of July and then have all the remaining CL clubs in the same European location and EL clubs in another European location in August and finish both competition in a sort of World Cup knockout tournament setting. I like the sound of it personally, this way the leagues won’t be start/stopped for European competition.

Couldn't agree more mate, lets hope it all pans out that way.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans

Rd of 16 2nd legs - August 7-8
Qtr finals - August 12-15
Semi finals - August 18-19
Final - August 23

Seems like it's 1 game ties from qtr final onwards...more of a world cup/euro format and more luck will be involved just to make the final

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers

Rd of 16 2nd legs - August 7-8
Qtr finals - August 12-15
Semi finals - August 18-19
Final - August 23

Seems like it's 1 game ties from qtr final onwards...more of a world cup/euro format and more luck will be involved just to make the final

Not ideal, but far better than having it all voided.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
syh0znM.jpg

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
PSG could actually do it this year.
I'd argue they are even less of a chance than normal because they won't be as match fit as the other teams (except for OL) as their league ended at the start of the pandemic, while the EPL/La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga have been playing multiple games far more recently

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I'd argue they are even less of a chance than normal because they won't be as match fit as the other teams (except for OL) as their league ended at the start of the pandemic, while the EPL/La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga have been playing multiple games far more recently

Good point, forgot about Ligue 1 early finish. Will be interesting to see if theyve maintained fitness.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
nope not this season anyway. 7-0-0 in cl this season and haven't lost a game since before Xmas.

also have you ever thought arsenal would not get demolished by bayern?
Not sure what Arsenal has to do with this.

Very defensive for a person who seems to think Bayern are gonna piss it in.

Who’d have thought such a fair question would elicit a plastic’s response.
Indeed.

How was it a troll question? It was a genuine question. Never seen you say don't think you'll win a game/tie.

And when you lose it's never because you were the poorer team.
When they lose he blames refereeing.
When West Coast lose you get a Vicbias rant. Plastic

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
nope not this season anyway. 7-0-0 in cl this season and haven't lost a game since before Xmas.

also have you ever thought arsenal would not get demolished by bayern?

To be fair you did say Bayern winning the second leg at home against Liverpool last season was a foregone conclusion.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
>Atalanta are the fittest team left in the competition, can cut anyone to shreds and are probably (on form) a top 5 team right now across Europe.

>PSG haven't played a game in months, always find a way to choke when it counts and their defence is not crash hot.

How and why are people thinking PSG in the semis is a foregone conclusion? It should be the other way around.

Back