Unofficial Preview Round 7, 2020: Sydney Swans v Gold Coast Suns - SCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
May as well move onto the next game...

Forced Outs: Heeney (inj), Kennedy (inj)

I'd like to see McInnerney and Aliir back in.

Brand should be ready to come back and give some support to Rampe.
Sinclair is a chance as well and that would help our cause for the structure.
Reckon Blakey could use a week off.

Out: Heeney, Kennedy, Blakey, COR
In: McInnerney, Aliir, Brand, Sinclair

Hopefully if he's fit, Sinclair rucks and McLean can anchor the forward line. With Kennedy out we need Hewett to step up, shown he's capable before with some excellent games in 2018 on the inside. Probably give Sam Gray a run in the midfield as well, seems a list clogger as a small forward, but there has been some history of him being capable of winning hard ball. Got Brownlow votes against Hawthorn's 2015 premiership-winning midfield when he went in there to cover for some of Port's injured mids.

Would like to see some more debutantes but don't think we need more than 4 changes. Give the young guys who just came in another go.

Gold Coast would be convincing favourites but dunno, this seems the type of back against the wall game that we'd come out charging for. Suns aren't entirely consistent either and are prone to starting seasons off well and collapsing in a heap.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Seasons done, let’s have a good look at all the untried players and players with 50/50 job security next year.
those who’ll be moved on and have no currency don’t pick them again.
List cloggers out for good,
All fit and untried talent in.

wins are irrelevant, but understanding what we have on the list most important so we can go into next year with a clear idea of where we are headed and with what cattle.
delist the players who we know don’t have what it takes.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd like to see:

IN - Aliir, Brand (if fit), McInerney, Sinclair, E. Taylor, Wicks

OUT - Blakey, Clarke, Gray, Heeney, Kennedy, Warner

Really shake this team up, they need a rocket up the arse.

I’d drop cor as well and look at bell or someone else

I’d drop cor as well and look at bell or someone else

Bell would be a wasted selection. I say keep COR in. He really doesn't do a lot wrong, defensively I think he's got a lot better and I still think having he and Stoddart in the same team should mean Hayward doesn't have to stay back.

Really don't get the point of Hayward back there, I see nothing that will suggest he'll be a point of difference in that role. If it was to get him out of his slump as a forward, well job done, get him back in the forward line where he can actually help us.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
True though it will be an extra special effort to fall below Adelaide

The Squiggle currently has us finishing three games and nearly 20% above Adelaide. That's how bad they are at the moment. I retract my previous post.

Bell would be a wasted selection. I say keep COR in. He really doesn't do a lot wrong, defensively I think he's got a lot better and I still think having he and Stoddart in the same team should mean Hayward doesn't have to stay back.

Really don't get the point of Hayward back there, I see nothing that will suggest he'll be a point of difference in that role. If it was to get him out of his slump as a forward, well job done, get him back in the forward line where he can actually help us.

I just presumed they see something in bell, may as well ring in some changes

Were my six proposed changes not enough for you ;)

I’d bring in every fit player who didn’t play on the weekend , * it let’s throw it all around

that might be the 6 or so you mentioned mind you

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I just presumed they see something in bell, may as well ring in some changes

I see what you did there. Who was the idiot who thought you should retire, he has no idea.

I’d bring in every fit player who didn’t play on the weekend , fu** it let’s throw it all around

that might be the 6 or so you mentioned mind you

I reckon the six inclusions I said, then change the roles of seven players already in the team: McLean (more forward, less ruck), Mills (to the midfield), Hayward (forward again), Rowbottom (inside mid), Parker (forward 50), Dawson (half forward), Lloyd (wing).

That technically amounts to a more than 50% different looking team than the one we fielded on the weekend. Also accomplishes two things: brings in some fresh faces (Wicks way overdue for a debut, and E. Taylor might provide excitement), and brings back some key players we need (Aliir, Brand, Sinclair)

I reckon the six inclusions I said, then change the roles of seven players already in the team: McLean (more forward, less ruck), Mills (to the midfield), Hayward (forward again), Rowbottom (inside mid), Parker (forward 50), Dawson (half forward), Lloyd (wing).

That technically amounts to a more than 50% different looking team than the one we fielded on the weekend. Also accomplishes two things: brings in some fresh faces (Wicks way overdue for a debut, and E. Taylor might provide excitement), and brings back some key players we need (Aliir, Brand, Sinclair)

In all seriousness surely Lewis Taylor is playing

Yeah who am I kidding, we'll get back on the Taylor/Gray/Ronke merry-go-round.

I’m not saying we should but he is pretty ****ed if he can’t get a game now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back