Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

The swines knew if they negated Higgo & Polec without Cunners influence, then they were in with a show.
Jy played a lone hand but Goldi was probably our second best mid. They kept it respectable.

I wouldn’t be amazed if we saw a significant change in the midfield after he left.

Hes a gun player but I really think he doesn’t suit our side. We have too many defensive liabilities as it is and Higgins is just about the most unaccountable midfielder in the league.

He’s not a good combination with the rest of our midfield mix.

we can look amazing on our day and when the rest of the midfielders decide to put in and cover for some of his short comings, but like we’ve seen this year,when that doesn’t happen, things can get very ugly.

Between him and Cunnington, we may as well have two lawn chairs trying to win back the ball when the opposition has it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Father Time catching up with him. He is just coasting

Yep and a combination of probably carrying some injuries, probably required to play given the injury list.

Defiantly slowing down, contracted to 2021, if we are rebuilding, fair chance that’s it.

Hopefully LDU and Cunners can come into the side soon. Starting midfield of Simpkin, Luke and Cunners with LDU, Ziebell and Anderson to rotate. Put Shaun up forward to help our youngest group organise.

Centre: Dumont Cunnington Polec
Following: Goldstein Simpkin McDonald

Half forward: Higgins Larkey Thomas
Full forward: Taylor Brown Zurhaar

With Ziebell, Anderson and Davies-Uniacke starting on the bench.

Is it Father Time OR coasting? Can’t be both. Reckon he misses Cunnington more then anyone...I hope.
Regardless, we cannot be reliant on him to be a catalyst anymore. Jy needs mates.

Higgo can be the cherry on top for the next 18-30 months.

You’re probably right but there’s also the possibility he’s carrying an injury and playing through necessity.

Don’t think he’s just coasting.
I don't think he is coasting, and is sore. Nonetheless, he's coming to the end and performance may be slipping...

Half back to prolong his career ala Matty Boyd? Easier to be defensively accountable in the backline than the midfield and he could set us up from down back.

is a spud, should have let him go last year. Needs to be perma forward as a sharp shooter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back