2021 - Make generational change

Remove this Banner Ad

I find the Cunnington hate a little odd, yeah he is as slow as a wet week, but he is very good to elite in everything else.
We just need the right balance around him to cover for that, and not have JZ, and Dumont in there.

For what it's worth i think Taz gets the captaincy and hen give it over to someone 2 years later. I want a captain that pushes people around and also one that delivers. We haven't had that since Carey.

We are not disputing he is elite........for what he can do just as USS Missouri was a topline battleship but the game has moved on from players like Cunnington to much more nimbler, quicker inside mids just as naval battle has moved on from battleships being the center piece (to aircraft carriers being the queen of the sea).

I'm sorry we don't see alike, but reality is the best form of truth. We are not exactly setting the world on fire with the aforementioned incumbents and they are all getting on a bit.

You change your opinion every post.

I know change is the only constant in this world but that is just ridiculous.

Our problem is a club is that we are stubborn. Yes, we want to maintain that Shinboner Spirit, however, we keep framing ourselves as contending for finals when we are actually quite far away from competing. As a club, we need to invest in the future, not the present where we are stuck with an average team that can't even kick the ball properly inside 50.

Perhaps for your mental boundaries, yes it is...
My mental boundaries reach further than the edge of the observable universe (by definition actually). Did you know 1/137 might not be all it's cracked up to be?

The Vermin only teaze and pinch
Their Foes superior by an Inch.
So, Nat'ralists observe, a Flea
Hath smaller Fleas that on him prey,
And these have smaller yet to bite 'em,
And so proceed ad infinitum:
Thus ev'ry Poet, in his Kind
Is bit by him that comes behind.

I’d like to see these 12 changes occur over the next two seasons.
2020 - Williams, Garner, Ahern, Durdin, Wood, MacMillan.
2021 - Ziebell, Pittard, Atley, Tyson, Hall, Hosie.

Can’t cut them all at once but fu** the contracts we gave to Tyson and Hall are terrible. Absolutely terrible business.

Murphy and McKay need a run at it, as does Hosie and I feel deserve an extended run to save their careers. They need to play.
Jacobs health issues and imminent retirement might give Ahern and or Garner one more shot at it. Or they might find themselves on the rookie list on minimum coin who knows.
Can see Garner taking up this offer considering the games he’s missed.
Trade Garner to Sydney to play with his mates. Hosie needs to get some time in to have a look at him before we right him off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back