Resource 2024 Squad Selection & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Simmo said yesterday that's he's given Brayden a very clear role that plays to his strengths, so it'll be interesting to see how he's used. He's not an overly big body to be put in to create space and block for our A graders.

The journos minds went straight to a tag, which I don't mind based on his endurance, but I'm not sure he's got the mass to tag the Crows big bodies. And I don't want to see him on a forward flank negating Laird.

Kind of hoping he turns into a Priddis tackle machine whose role is get ball and distribute by hand, or tackle man with the ball. Rinse and repeat. If you find yourself in space to use it by foot, wait for the overlap coming behind you and dish off a handball 😂

Expecting to see him and Sheed rotate on the inside acting as the handball facilitator to runners like Yeo, Kelly and Gaff.

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Love this resource!

Ratings starting to reflect players true value.

Just spotted something though, Brander should be listed as an outside midfielder.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Love this resource!

Ratings starting to reflect players true value.

Just spotted something though, Brander should be listed as an outside midfielder.

Cheers and well spotted - Brander's rankings as a midfielder weren't coming through, now corrected.

(Not that it changes things much, his tentative ranking as an outside midfielder remains a 'D' and outside of the top 200)

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Cheers and well spotted - Brander's rankings as a midfielder weren't coming through, now corrected.

(Not that it changes things much, his tentative ranking as an outside midfielder remains a 'D' and outside of the top 200)

You're welcome.

Felt bad for the guy 😅

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Squad Selection:

Round 7 (vs Fremantle Dockers @ Optus Stadium [Perth Stadium])

WCE-Selection-2020-R7.jpg

Just a single change as the club returns to home soil and looks to secure a third win in succession.

Shuey makes a quick return from his hamstring injury at the expense of Ainsworth.

Edit: Late change:

As widely expected, Shuey is ruled out just two weeks after his hamstring injury against Sydney.

With the captain missing again, Ainsworth retains his place from last week.

So no changes to the squad that defeated Adelaide.

WCE-Selection-2020-R7-LateChange.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
How's Cripps tracking via your system? Read that he was in the top 20 league wide sliders in form based on his 2019.

He has slid down considerably. Started 2019 just outside an A+ plus rating and was the number 1 ranked small forward in the competition.

Now he is ranked 15th among small forwards and is probably one bad game away from seeing his rating slide into B territory.

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Squad Selection:

Round 8 (vs Collingwood Magpies @ Optus Stadium [Perth Stadium])

WCE-Selection-2020-R8.jpg

Just a single change as Shuey makes his return and injury rules out Ah Chee.

A strong squad available for what could be a significant match in this season.

Edit: Late change:

McGovern ruled out late with a thumb injury picked up in the derby last week. Rotham comes in as his replacement.

WCE-Selection-2020-R8-latechange.jpg

The defence is significantly weakened in its rating as a result.

Last edited:

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey Dylan. When do the ratings get updated? Are they updated after the Collingwood game for example?

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Hey Dylan. When do the ratings get updated? Are they updated after the Collingwood game for example?

I run them through at the end of the fixture round - depending on work commitments they'll usually be up a day or so after the round has been completed.

The next few weeks are set to keep me on my toes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
Squad Selection:

Round 9 (vs Geelong Cats @ Optus Stadium [Perth Stadium])

WCE-Selection-2020-R9.JPG

Two changes in total to the squad that tore apart Collingwood.

McGovern's injured thumb keeps him out for another week. However Edwards comes in to make his debut ahead of Rotham as the preferred key defensive replacement.

Redden is sidelined by injury and Ah Chee finds his way back after missing the previous match.

Ainsworth named to play a fourth match in succession.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Was just going through our 25 and under list and put together a best 22 of

FB: Cole Barass, Rotham
HB: Duggan, Edwards, Watson
C: Nelson, Sheed, XON
HF: Waterman, Brander, Rioli
FF" Jones, O.Allen, Cameron
R: Williams, Venables, Ainsworth
I/C: Reid, Petrucelle, Johnson, L.Foley

The spine is sexy as *. If we can just grab say 2-3 more midfielders then we are going to be competitive for a long long time IMO. Have quite some time to get those midfielders too

Was just going through our 25 and under list and put together a best 22 of

The spine is sexy as fu**. If we can just grab say 2-3 more midfielders then we are going to be competitive for a long long time IMO. Have quite some time to get those midfielders too
I feel like I’m contradicting you a lot this morning, sorry. Haha.

Put a line through Watson and Venables to start. In fact, I’m scared by Venables and Ainsworth being your on-ballers. Need to focus on that area. Someone like Riley Garcia may be available on the cheap if list sizes are cut - a lot of talent there.

Brander and Edwards still with question marks so the spine is half sexy, half fish tail. Can Harry handle the big boys as he develops? I sure hope he can, lots to work with if he gets that side of his game right.

Just scrub Reid off the bench too, he can be upgraded easily though.

I like the backline the most out of that side, sadly with Watson replaced by Nelson as mentioned above.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I feel like I’m contradicting you a lot this morning, sorry. Haha.

Put a line through Watson and Venables to start. In fact, I’m scared by Venables and Ainsworth being your on-ballers. Need to focus on that area. Someone like Riley Garcia may be available on the cheap if list sizes are cut - a lot of talent there.

Brander and Edwards still with question marks so the spine is half sexy, half fish tail. Can Harry handle the big boys as he develops? I sure hope he can, lots to work with if he gets that side of his game right.

Just scrub Reid off the bench too, he can be upgraded easily though.

I like the backline the most out of that side, sadly with Watson replaced by Nelson as mentioned above.

LOL a spine is tall. I believe that is kind of the point?

Putting a line through Venables is ******* absurd on so many levels. You are not his doctor mate. Watson is worth persisting with post next year. He is a certain AFL level footballer who would have been getting a game in most lists if it wasnt for our A grade half backline. He will stay on the list and play a role going forward

Edwards has zero question marks on him at the club. He is going to be on our list for a long long time

Brander is the same. Once he gets a go at a more natural position rather then putting a square peg in a round hole on the wing he will blossom.

We definetly do need midfielders but looking at this list. We can attack the next few drats with that as a sole focus and step away from the need to draft any more KPP players and simply pick the best mid available for a bit

LOL a spine is tall. I believe that is kind of the point?

Putting a line through Venables is ******* absurd on so many levels. You are not his doctor mate. Watson is worth persisting with post next year. He is a certain AFL level footballer who would have been getting a game in most lists if it wasnt for our A grade half backline. He will stay on the list and play a role going forward

Edwards has zero question marks on him at the club. He is going to be on our list for a long long time

Brander is the same. Once he gets a go at a more natural position rather then putting a square peg in a round hole on the wing he will blossom.

We definetly do need midfielders but looking at this list. We can attack the next few drats with that as a sole focus and step away from the need to draft any more KPP players and simply pick the best mid available for a bit
I don’t understand your pop re: spine. I never said they weren’t tall.

If I’m not qualified to say Venables won’t make it back, what makes you qualified to say that he will?

Edwards looks very good but he clearly has the question of whether he can handle the big boys one on one. I’m not saying it’ll always be a weakness, just one he has to continue working on.

I have no question over Brander’s talent, more his ticker.

Watson has done his knee badly hence why he’ll probably be delisted.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t understand your pop re: spine. I never said they weren’t tall.

If I’m not qualified to say Venables won’t make it back, what makes you qualified to say that he will?

Edwards looks very good but he clearly has the question of whether he can handle the big boys one on one. I’m not saying it’ll always be a weakness, just one he has to continue working on.

I have no question over Brander’s talent, more his ticker.

Watson has done his knee badly hence why he’ll probably be delisted.

You judge him on his talent rather then trying to do a medical diagnosis. His talent is he is a 200 game player if you ask me. Crazy not to see that

Edwards has played 1 game. The club rate him very highly as they have spoken about for 12 months now

Watson zero chance to be delisted. May move back to rookie list at extreme worst but he isnt going anywhere for a long long time

You judge him on his talent rather then trying to do a medical diagnosis. His talent is he is a 200 game player if you ask me. Crazy not to see that

Edwards has played 1 game. The club rate him very highly as they have spoken about for 12 months now

Watson zero chance to be delisted. May move back to rookie list at extreme worst but he isnt going anywhere for a long long time
Watson has done his knee badly and list sizes may be cut. We have a lot of players in his position. Put 2 and 2 together.

When have I ever doubted Venables’ talent? I’m one of his biggest fans. Ridiculous post.

I never said Edwards isn’t a talent.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Watson has done his knee badly and list sizes may be cut. We have a lot of players in his position. Put 2 and 2 together.

When have I ever doubted Venables’ talent? I’m one of his biggest fans. Ridiculous post.

I never said Edwards isn’t a talent.

You put a line through him. Are you his doctor or is he not talented enough? You need to explain which reason you put that line through him for

What part of Edwards are you questioning in regards to him being a potential AA CHB. If he is a talent, then what issue are you seeing?

You put a line through him. Are you his doctor or is he not talented enough? You need to explain which reason you put that line through him for

What part of Edwards are you questioning in regards to him being a potential AA CHB. If he is a talent, then what issue are you seeing?
Jesus Christ, he’s clearly talented enough. I’ve said that repeatedly over the years. It’s entirely medical. You are surmising that he’ll make it back, I feel the opposite. Who knows which way it’ll go? You don’t know any better than I do.

I said what part of Edwards’ game needs developing twice now. If you choose not to read it then that’s your fault.

I see this is going in circles, so I’m going now. Enjoy.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Jesus Christ, he’s clearly talented enough. I’ve said that repeatedly over the years. It’s entirely medical. You are surmising that he’ll make it back, I feel the opposite. Who knows which way it’ll go? You don’t know any better than I do.

I said what part of Edwards’ game needs developing twice now. If you choose not to read it then that’s your fault.

I see this is going in circles, so I’m going now. Enjoy.

We are going around in circles because your contradicting yourself

Writing a player off for entirely medical reasons seems to me you have made some form of medial diagnosis myself. Im not going to name our best u25 and randomly guess Venables career is over in the meantime. Ill judge him ONLY on talent and not a medical guess like you seem to want to do

A 19 year old KPP needs to improve his game. Wpwee. Thats a big call

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Good call on our backline looking strong.
Venables and Ainsworth as our starting mids - Yuk. I hope we see Venables back but he has proven he is a HFF and not a mid.
Nelson is clearly a defender and as much as I’d like to see him develop as a mid, I can’t see it happen. Didn’t like the pick but I am hoping Foley can make it as an outside wing.

Both O’Neills are genuine mids and I’d love to see XON be given a run this year.

I’d put Jamieson in as second ruck/forward ahead of Reid.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Good call on our backline looking strong.
Venables and Ainsworth as our starting mids - Yuk. I hope we see Venables back but he has proven he is a HFF and not a mid.
Nelson is clearly a defender and as much as I’d like to see him develop as a mid, I can’t see it happen. Didn’t like the pick but I am hoping Foley can make it as an outside wing.

Both O’Neills are genuine mids and I’d love to see XON be given a run this year.

I’d put Jamieson in as second ruck/forward ahead of Reid.

Nelson will be a midfielder long term. That is the plan going forward and the role he wants to play. More or less being kept out of the midfield due to matchups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back