Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
His endurance is very good, I think he relies on that and his great smarts and skill to standout. I question his other athletic traits and not having tested at the start of the year hasn’t helped me get a proper gauge haha

Personally think he will end up a Drew Petrie type, very capable ruck/forward with above average smarts and skills for a big man. Would be nice to bank in a potential 300 gamer too
Drew Petrie....oh :huh:

From what I've been reading, I was hoping more Tom Lynch

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Don’t you think that’s a disappointing result though from a pick 9 or 10 (can’t recall)?

Right now he’s tracking as a solid medium defender. So 2015 we lose one of the best mids in the league and replace him with 2 medium defenders. That’s a bad result.

Milera has shown signs of being an A grade midfielder and that’s where we need him to be aspiring to. It turns 2015 into a good draft. We all love Tom.

The missing links in our line up are Milera and Gallucci who should just about be ready to lead that midfield.

Gallucci looks a bust - WMJ just has to be better.
We're currently fielding 11 players on 35 games or less in our AFL side, 8 of which are under 15 games. Milera is the only player "fully" developed past the 50 game mark under Pyke and he's been inconsistent at best. We haven't developed a full-time midfielder since Matt Crouch in 2013.

Jones will try, but he's still only 14 games into his career. The fact he's already eclipsed Poholke in games played, who has been on the list 2 more years and Keays is starting for us after going in the rookie draft shows you how our midfield has about as much depth as a puddle

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
No. Your making stuff up again. You have a wild imagination don’t you..

I said I think that whilst he isn’t playing his best he isnt playing as bad as some in here are claiming.. and there are extenuating circumstances surrounding this year for Brad that potential suitors will take into account because they know his potential.
You're deluding yourself into the future disappointment corner.

Most likely no one wants him enough for band 1 compo. We match a band 2 offer and try to sell it as a retention success, cultural corner turning moment etc.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Why not?

Brad Crouch will get $700k from someone. Why wouldn't they - you acquire him and give up nothing, and there'd be five or six clubs that would want him.

The worst team in the competition will be losing their best player, who would have won their last two B&Fs.

And the AFL doesn't want one of their top six to eight clubs mired at the bottom of the ladder for too long - they'll potentially lose this entire state. Port are an absolute minnow when it comes to corporate support.

There's a bunch of reasons why they would want to do that.
Would you like a side wager bearing in mind your record in that regard....He won't be at the GCS in 2021.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
They do however have a lot of reasons to make sure the game is competitive (arguably in the billions with TV rights deals). Any team being uncompetitive as we are being at the moment is panic stations for the AFL, no matter the financial stability and location.

Especially is said uncompetitive team was about to lose their best midfielder...
Is Jones leaving? Surely not.

Is Jones leaving? Surely not.

As much as I am damn excited for Jones, Brad is still our best midfielder as it stands.

It's a decent shot of changing by the end of the season though. Jones does is edging closer and closer to that breakout game.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t you think that’s a disappointing result though from a pick 9 or 10 (can’t recall)?

Right now he’s tracking as a solid medium defender. So 2015 we lose one of the best mids in the league and replace him with 2 medium defenders. That’s a bad result.

Milera has shown signs of being an A grade midfielder and that’s where we need him to be aspiring to. It turns 2015 into a good draft. We all love Tom.

The missing links in our line up are Milera and Gallucci who should just about be ready to lead that midfield.

Gallucci looks a bust - WMJ just has to be better.
Problem is we don't know what to do with players like that, or we just don't rate them. It's been the same since the Craig days.

We seem to end up with a lot of the same one paced, average skill types. Players with a bit of flair or x factor tend not to do well. Or they leave and do well elsewhere.

You see it in our drafting, trading and at selection. It's in settling for Jones when there's some pure silk at the top. It's the reluctance to play WMJ in the guts. Sticking with Mackay for over 200 games, and giving away Henderson. Letting the kids play a couple of full seasons in the SANFL before they get a sniff. Drafting defenders with high picks.

It comes back to what we value. We favor dour, predictable players who train well. Not so much patience for individual brilliance if they lack any of those things. Always back in the honest plodder over a bloke who can win a game off his boot, because they slack off a bit at training.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're currently fielding 11 players on 35 games or less in our AFL side, 8 of which are under 15 games. Milera is the only player "fully" developed past the 50 game mark under Pyke and he's been inconsistent at best. We haven't developed a full-time midfielder since Matt Crouch in 2013.

Jones will try, but he's still only 14 games into his career. The fact he's already eclipsed Poholke in games played, who has been on the list 2 more years and Keays is starting for us after going in the rookie draft shows you how our midfield has about as much depth as a puddle
Spot on and I raised this a couple of pages back.

No one between M Crouch and Jones.

Situation not helped by drafting.

Between 2014-17, 4 drafts, our first 2 selections are 3 medium defenders, 1 small defender, 1 key defender, 1 key forward and 2 mids (Both busts).

That’s why we desperately need 1 of those medium defenders (Milera) to evolve into a mid.

Comeonden

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jones still need to put on some muscle, couple more pre seasons under his belt we will start to see his potential shine

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
So how do we get Rankine.

Elle talent, born game winner, makes grown men look just as silly as the boys he played in U18.
We release news stories and gossip to media sources to plant a story about getting the next big thing in the AFL to keep our members interested and continuing to pay grasping onto any semblance of hope available even though we know it is a complete fantasy and Rankine will win 5 flags with the Suns or get picked up by Geelong.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Spot on and I raised this a couple of pages back.

No one between M Crouch and Jones.

Situation not helped by drafting.

Between 2014-17, 4 drafts, our first 2 selections are 3 medium defenders, 1 small defender, 1 key defender, 1 key forward and 2 mids (Both busts).

That’s why we desperately need 1 of those medium defenders (Milera) to evolve into a mid.
Not great reading there. You have to wonder where the directive came from to avoid drafting mids with our first picks. Is that coming from the coaches or from the recruiting team?

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Would you like a side wager bearing in mind your record in that regard....He won't be at the GCS in 2021.
I don't think he'll be at the Gold Coast either.

I think we get first round compo though. Happy for a wager around that?

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not great reading there. You have to wonder where the directive came from to avoid drafting mids with our first picks. Is that coming from the coaches or from the recruiting team?
Bit of both I guess.

In fairness to the recruiting team the Gibbs trade was catastrophic. Almost acts as a 3rd year of draft sanctions.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Hamish might be tempted.

He’ll be terrified at the prospect of Hamill pushing up to a wing and McAsey looking like a KPF!
Haha don't be surprised if he bids on Ports NGA Lachlan Jones, I wouldn't be, looking pretty good for a 1st round pick in the back half of that round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back