kelman

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
So I would mix things up a fair bit. Some moves short term, some hoping to find medium-long term.

I am assuming Cunners, Larkey, Maj, LDU, Walker not ready yet but Ziebell and Jed are.

- Walker goes forward for Campbell, Campbell out, McKay into Walker’s spot.

Walker has been good in contests, not sure what he gives us at ground level. Will contest forward for sure. I still have high hopes for McKay. Has talent, throw him in and find out he can we rise.

- MacMillan out and Higgins to HBF

Love Higgins, important to our midfield, but a great year to get him into a spot we have struggled for so long. Adds class and leadership at the back, extends career. JMac done.

- Ziebell IN. Jack 80% mid, 20% forward.

Jack not in good form, but judged harshly, adds a huge amount to a young midfield group and sets the aggressive tone we need.

- Mason for Hall

Probably short term, but reward the form. Can mark, can kick, can run, can play. Last chance saloon, can something click? Stranger things have happened. Hall, sorry, maybe low on confidence m, but killing us.

- Jed for Marley

Can’t have Marley and Pittard in the same team. Jasper on thin ice though. Jed’s aggression still important.

So:

Out: Campbell, MacMillan, Hall, Marley

IN: McKay, Ziebell, Wood, Anderson

Yeah it hasn't taken long has it? 4 consecutive losses and the bland lines get trotted out.

The rule is once a newbie coach starts with...we can mix it with the best ....boys will turn it around soon ....we are not far off...then said coach is out of the honeymoon period and closer analysis of his performance is warranted.

I am sure he is frustrated as anyone but if you select a 1% fit Cunners, you play a 2 gamer Kyron on Heeney or you play a Tom Campbell then you need to start looking inwardly as to why we are losing as well as blaming other factors.

You aren't blameless here Shawry - you are in the big coaches league now and we need you to coach well if we are going to win more games.

It’s all good. Scamper is tracking perfectly to the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer model. He’ll turn it around and all will be forgotten.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wood..... 😂

What’s the bet:
He plays, looks a million dollars and plays like it and we win, Bigfooty is filled with posts of “Told ya so” only to not register a goal for the remaining 2 games he plays, delisted at the end of year because we cannot get anything for him

Conundrum

All Australian
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
one of the knocks on thomas is that he doesn't get enough touches, could we perhaps try him at halfback? He's got good ball use, good height for matchups, and good overhead. His defensive pressure while forward seems OK, so could probably defend at least as well as someone like Macmillan I reckon. Could see him picking up more touches, disposing of it better than the current s**t show we've got down there, and probably more creative too

It’s all good. Scamper is tracking perfectly to the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer model. He’ll turn it around and all will be forgotten.

So we are signing Bruno Fernandes? At least our disposal will improve

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
On this vision, surely Maj, Wood, Hosie, Bonar, and maybe LDU if ready, come in.
Season is shot, forward line is crying out for structure, targets and goals.
Need grunt (Bonar) and class (LDU) around the ball with Cunners not fit for a while, and Higgo + TT off the pace.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
one of the knocks on thomas is that he doesn't get enough touches, could we perhaps try him at halfback? He's got good ball use, good height for matchups, and good overhead. His defensive pressure while forward seems OK, so could probably defend at least as well as someone like Macmillan I reckon. Could see him picking up more touches, disposing of it better than the current sh*t show we've got down there, and probably more creative too

cyril says hi..
He doesnt need to rack em, we just need his gold.. every time he has the ball it looks magical

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was wondering when Shaw’s would start to sound like a football coach and it’s here.
I no longer listen to his press conferences and believe everything he says.
Sad but fun whilst it lasted.

I'm sure he said brown was bringing the ball to the ground.... I don't think he is he is just being out muscled often by a couple and out marked.... no ball to ground

Tiberius

Generational Talent
Sep 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In; McKay, Xerri, Durdin, Wood, Daw and Comben.

outs not sure as yet . Anyone small I suppose. I just think we overwhelm them in the air. Once you have air supremacy you win.
And all those playing up foward will be able to give Browns a chop out
This surely!
If it's good enough for Winston Churchill to win the Battle of Britain against the Nazis it should be good enough for us against the Tiges.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d argue that every team have ranged from good to very ordinary. Any team (including us) that can string four wins in a row from here will really be in the mix. Cunnington and Larkey have been massive outs for us, given our structure.

Guess we do have an undermanned Tigers and a who knows what you’ll get Blues after that so there’s a chance to right the ship.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In: Daw, W Walker, Ziebell, Anderson, Bonar
Out: Campbell, Hall, Williams, Macmillan, Pittard

B: Atley, Tarrant, McDonald
HB: Haydon, J Walker, Thomas
C: Dumont, Simpkin, Polec
R: Goldstein, Anderson, Higgins
HF: W Walker, Brown, Taylor
F: Ziebell, Daw, Zurhaar
I: Scott, Mahony, Ahern, Bonar

Really can't see five changes... 3 max 4

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
one of the knocks on thomas is that he doesn't get enough touches, could we perhaps try him at halfback? He's got good ball use, good height for matchups, and good overhead. His defensive pressure while forward seems OK, so could probably defend at least as well as someone like Macmillan I reckon. Could see him picking up more touches, disposing of it better than the current sh*t show we've got down there, and probably more creative too

Certainly better than higgo back there as his defensive side of the game is limited

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On this vision, surely Maj, Wood, Hosie, Bonar, and maybe LDU if ready, come in.
Season is shot, forward line is crying out for structure, targets and goals.
Need grunt (Bonar) and class (LDU) around the ball with Cunners not fit for a while, and Higgo + TT off the pace.

Why do people say ssn is shot.... it's a very strange even season.... yes we have to improve but a couple of vital ins will assist there... Carlton went from what 14th to 8th by winning a game

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d have wood over mckay
tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back