AFL 2020 - AFL Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

What SB are doing IMO is comparing the total game points line that they set for that match before the match and that the final actual total game points went under.

They are not saying all 9 of these matches went u104.5

Fair point I understand where your coming from now. Think if they possibly introduced a word like 'pre game line' it would clear things a bit up.

I reckon TopSport are following this thread. They seem to be offering the best odds for “Total Match Points” in comparison to other bookies so in a way it can work both ways, for the good and for the bad.

BetEasy offer the best odds for total match points and have been all year.

Rich depth is good to the point they lost 5 players and brought in 4 Premiership players.

Syd currently have no ruckmen, no key forwards, very little midfield quality and approximately 1 forward that can kick goals and little HGA. I had them pegged as the 2nd worst team in front of Adelaide before Heeney and Kennedy got injured.

That saying they're playing GC on the road so probs best not to go nuts.
Not sure what your eluding to here . someone is quoting the Suns are a shoe in good thing. I dont believe they are . I wont be on this game at all unless a middle presents itself .

I’ve gotta spend some time calculating the damage I did to myself from a personal betting perspective last round, doesn’t seem great...

Hitting a couple early.

4u WCE, Saints @ $1.99 (lads)
3u Gold Coast -5.5 @ $2 (lads)

Fyfe a potential out after copping a corky and mentioning soreness from his bad hamstring. WCE clearly the better side and will be looking to begin their run of home games with a bang. Bounce back spot for the saints after throwing away a healthy lead, Ratten will be giving the players a rocket and I expect a few heads on the chopping block at team selections. Saints will be confident in making finals this year and have far greater season aspirations than just “playing good footy” like the crows would be saying. Crows lose another important onfield leader from their young and inexperienced side with Sloane out.

Personally still think the Suns are being treated as the suns of old by the bookies and public. They’re better now, and things are starting to click, but with some inconsistencies at times. I would’ve rated them better than the swans with JPK and Heeney, but now we get them at a solid line without two of their top 5 players. Was on the swans last week, but do me it says a lot that they couldn’t get over the line vs a bruised and battered Tigers team.

Rankine into $3.10 for 2g+ (was $4), $8 for 3g+ (was $13) and $26 for 4g+ (was $61).

I got on yesterday when the odds were juicier, and also included some small multis with Papley 1/2/3g.

I still think the odds as they are now are good. I want to put more on 3g+ but I guess I've been spoiled by the better odds yesterday.

Against a depleted Sydney he could kick six goals from ten touches. I don't see Sydney getting it out of their half of the ground.

Just on that, if you look through the injury lists, the Tigers and Swans have similar numbers on the sidelines.

For the Swans to still lose like that against the Tigers suggests to me they are trash. Then take out Kennedy and Heeney, they're in a bad, bad way.

Posters on their board calling for a tank, hoping to even tank enough to drop below Adelaide (which would require Demon-tier tanking).

Will Longmire continue to park the bus now that the season is gone? Or will he allow the players to just play (even if that means getting belted)?

If I were confident that the Swans would not park the bus, I'd be loading up on Rankine and on GC 40+ and 60+ (and multis thereof).

The only thing stopping me is my concern that Longmire will keep the bus parked. And for what? The season is done, bro.

interested in your thoughts, who ends up being a better player, Rowell or Rankine? You seem to rate Rankine quite highly.
I've only seen Rankine play one match so my guess is as good as yours.

But that first goal he kicked was elite, top 1% of the league type stuff.

And he was dangerous on the lead and on the crumb. Who knows how far he can go.

Rowell is super impressive but I get the Daniel Rich vibes about him.

How much more improvement is left in him when he already has the body of a seasoned 25yo athlete?

Normally when we talk about young players ceilings, we factor in their improvement in strength and size and so forth.

I honestly don't see how much more he can improve in this area. He's already a serious unit. Unbelievable, really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only seen Rankine play one match so my guess is as good as yours.

But that first goal he kicked was elite, top 1% of the league type stuff.

And he was dangerous on the lead and on the crumb. Who knows how far he can go.

Rowell is super impressive but I get the Daniel Rich vibes about him.

How much more improvement is left in him when he already has the body of a seasoned 25yo athlete?

Normally when we talk about young players ceilings, we factor in their improvement in strength and size and so forth.

I honestly don't see how much more he can improve in this area. He's already a serious unit. Unbelievable, really.
Rankine looked incredibly smart around goal. Hopefully they dont go the usual route of wanting him to get midfield time and all that s**t. Hes a serious talent inside 50

Rowell i think you're right. Its hard to picture how he gets better when hes already so good. Youd have to assume an 18 year old has room to develop though...

I mean even if Rowell doesn’t get better, to be in the top 3 players for the Brownlow after four rounds of footy, that’s pretty solid. If he can sustain that for 7-10+ years, we got something special in front of us. You’d like to think he gets bigger, quicker, smarter. Even if it’s only the slightest due to already being quite developed. Some very exciting players in front of us at the moment

Rankine looked incredibly smart around goal. Hopefully they dont go the usual route of wanting him to get midfield time and all that sh*t. Hes a serious talent inside 50

Rowell i think you're right. Its hard to picture how he gets better when hes already so good. Youd have to assume an 18 year old has room to develop though...
Seen Rankine explode out of stoppages at lower grades and he looked unreal, will ultimately end up a midfielder.

Seen Rankine explode out of stoppages at lower grades and he looked unreal, will ultimately end up a midfielder.
If they keep this group together he won't be needed in the middle as much as he will be forward. He could also be a 45 goal a year player which are becoming few and far between, midfielders are in abundance. He's clearly talented so wouldn't surprise me if they can throw him in the guts but I think he looked so clever around goals it'd be robbing peter to pay paul if they move him.

Ned Cahill looking like he's going to debut for Essendon on Friday night. Has kicked 11 goals in the last three scratch matches, not sure how much to read into those but would be worth a look in GS markets.

Fair point I understand where your coming from now. Think if they possibly introduced a word like 'pre game line' it would clear things a bit up.

Yes I agree. In fairness to SB, it is in their best interest to confuse and mislead punters the best that they legally can, so that the punter will make the worst decision with the information presented to them when placing a bet.

An interesting stat that they didnt mention is that the Pies have never ever lost to the Cats at Optus Stadium, day or night game.

:drunk:

Yes I agree. In fairness to SB, it is in their best interest to confuse and mislead punters the best that they legally can, so that the punter will make the worst decision with the information presented to them when placing a bet.

An interesting stat that they didnt mention is that the Pies have never ever lost to the Cats at Optus Stadium, day or night game.

:drunk:

I did notice another thing , they removed that stat interestingly enough from their 'Hot Tips' today. Like I said before, they are following this thread pretty closely.

I did notice another thing , they removed that stat interestingly enough from their 'Hot Tips' today. Like I said before, they are following this thread pretty closely.

a) i highly doubt that anyone at any bookmaker is reading this thread and/or taking notes & changing prices based on what some nerd thinks about a certain market b) the sportsbet stat you read was 100% correct and the reason that it's not there has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you pointed it out. You just read it wrong, that's on you, not them.

Looking at the weather tommorow and maybe the rain stops by game time it says storm mayb early evening, how does the ground drain there? 103 spread could go over with pies moving ball faster last week with Quaynor in ,if the rain is gone by the start,we saw scores still go high in Dogs v Carlton game when it wasn't pouring during game as both sides were willing to play fast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back