Round 7 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a listen to the injury report on the Lions website - he hurt his AC joint but there's no structural damage, just some bone bruising. Apparently trained well and had good range of motion so they think he's a "good chance" given the reasonable break but given the whole Sam Sturt scenario I have no faith in any AFL club doctor at the minute

He might be ok.

Plays pure wing role so you think he's ok.

Played the game out aswell...

You know how these campaigners can fix this? GIVE US MORE TRADES PER WEEK FFS :moustache:

They should add a 'Joker' or 'Wild Card' token that we could play, perhaps two or three times a year.
The token would give an extra trade (or even two), and would still come out of our allotted 30 trades.

Even extend it to four or five tokens, and remove the 'free' additional trade during bye rounds.
If you're flying and don't need to trade during byes, you could save them and have an ace up your sleeve for later rounds.

Would add an interesting dynamic to the trade system.

Last edited:
They should add a 'Joker' or 'Wild Card' token that we could play, perhaps two or three times a year.
The token would give an extra trade (or even two), and would still come out of our allotted 30 trades.

Even extend it to four or five tokens, and remove the 'free' additional trade during bye rounds.
If you're flying and don't need to trade during byes, you could save them and have an ace up your sleeve for later rounds.

Would be an interesting dynamic to the trade system.
I actually really like the idea of a Wildcard that you can use whenever you like. I don't think the total number of trades needs to change but having at least one week where we can use more than the alloted 2 would be so useful to help mitigate some of the luck component when you get smashed by 3 LTIs and 2 rookies that spud up and will drop 50k all in the same week.

Even something like 1 "Silver" Wildcard where you can use a extra trade that week and 1 "Gold" Wildcard where you can use 5 (total) would be cool. There's heaps of options but doubt these HS flogs would ever consider it

I actually really like the idea of a Wildcard that you can use whenever you like. I don't think the total number of trades needs to change but having at least one week where we can use more than the alloted 2 would be so useful to help mitigate some of the luck component when you get smashed by 3 LTIs and 2 rookies that spud up and will drop 50k all in the same week.

Even something like 1 "Silver" Wildcard where you can use a extra trade that week and 1 "Gold" Wildcard where you can use 5 (total) would be cool. There's heaps of options but doubt these HS flogs would ever consider it
I have been suggesting this for years, but I doubt they would invest in the I.T. to be able to allow the software to do this. Giving everyone 5 trades in the same week is pretty easy. I don't think it would be quite so easy to give 200k players the option of when to use it.

Phil Davis fielded five questions on Coniglio, who he referred to as a "concrete in", and became frustrated by the last of them, in regards to whether the team would be deflated if the new captain was omitted.

"I think we're speculating a fair bit about how I'd feel and how the group would feel if that was to happen," he said.

"We're sitting here on a Tuesday and the captain of the club is not at the peak of his performances at the moment but he's still a very good player.

"I'm sure 17 other clubs would pick him within two seconds if he was available to be selected for them."

Davis hinted that resident tagger Matt de Boer may not necessarily go to Brownlow Medal favourite Lachie Neale.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/465353/...17-other-clubs-would-pick-him-in-two-seconds-

So Leon you're saying de Boer will definitely go to Neale then. Good news.

On another note, why the f*** are we now playing games on a Monday night? I thought mid week games would only happen if they were trying to compress the fixture. I don't see any purpose in expanding the round so it's played over 5 days.
So us P155 heads can get on the brewhahas 5 days week...what else is there to know? :moustache:

Also trying to buy time just in case of worst case scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Ceglar stay in mate?
Multiple Choice
A. Yes
B. No

Jesus - who are we playing again. Oh year Melbourne. Highly likely we will want to throw 2 ruck bodies at Gawn I think. So I pick A.

With Patton going down we are short of forwards. I wouldn't be surprised if both Big Boy and Cegs spent some time forward. God help us if Clarko tries the Sicily experiment again I will delete my team.

I suppose the weather might be a factor against Ceglar - that could be the main driver if he's omitted.

Jesus - who are we playing again. Oh year Melbourne. Highly likely we will want to throw 2 ruck bodies at Gawn I think. So I pick A.

With Patton going down we are short of forwards. I wouldn't be surprised if both Big Boy and Cegs spent some time forward. God help us if Clarko tries the Sicily experiment again I will delete my team.

I suppose the weather might be a factor against Ceglar - that could be the main driver if he's omitted.
Also some talk around that Brooksby might replace Ceglar.

That's certainly clarified everything .......I couldn't workout whether to like the post of give you a sad emoticon

I'll just continue to pray daily for Ceglars redemption and hopeful SC resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back