The Biggest Traitor Ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Bassoon

Rookie
Apr 9, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
To put it simply,

A few minutes ago, I saw Jobe Watson part of their Channel 7 commentary team.

I was flabbergasted.

Te said guy that wanted to sit in the Centre circle as a protest - the same guy that retired from Essendon because he fell out of love with the game.

Now he is commentating????

What an absolute disgrace.

He has dishonoured the AFL, he has dishonoured the Essendon Football Club, and he has dishonoured his father.

Unlike players that have crossed clubs for money (e.g. Pitura, Marchesani, Williams), this is so much worse.

Despite being a very good player, he is a mercenary, and has every belief that the dollar outweighs loyalty and Morals.

Absolute scumbag.

To put it simply,

A few minutes ago, I saw Jobe Watson part of their Channel 7 commentary team.

I was flabbergasted.

Te said guy that wanted to sit in the Centre circle as a protest - the same guy that retired from Essendon because he fell out of love with the game.

Now he is commentating????

What an absolute disgrace.

He has dishonoured the AFL, he has dishonoured the Essendon Football Club, and he has dishonoured his father.

Unlike players that have crossed clubs for money (e.g. Pitura, Marchesani, Williams), this is so much worse.

Despite being a very good player, he is a mercenary, and has every belief that the dollar outweighs loyalty and Morals.

Absolute scumbag.

Strong username to post ratio.

yep, the convicted drug cheat who had to hand back his ill gotten brownlow is now offering special comments and bruce laps them up.

then the next day bruce switches to olympics mode and bemoans drug cheats.

bruce is just as big a hypocrite.

Hmm....I think there’s something for all of us in that....BULLSEYE.

Jobe is learning how hard it is to have values...and make a living after football.

At least he’s not embezzling (Nichols) , stealing tyres (Tuddenham), conning people (Dench), bashing his GF (Stevens), going on a drug rampage (Yarran)or gambling his life away (Fev, Cresswell, etc).

ALL documented and proven.

Nothing to see here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jobe is learning how hard it is to have values...and make a living after football.

At least he’s not embezzling (Nichols) , stealing tyres (Tuddenham), conning people (Dench), bashing his GF (Stevens), going on a drug rampage (Yarran)or gambling his life away (Fev, Cresswell, etc).

ALL documented and proven.

Nothing to see here.
I doubt he is struggling to make a dollar champ.

yep, the convicted drug cheat who had to hand back his ill gotten brownlow is now offering special comments and bruce laps them up.

then the next day bruce switches to olympics mode and bemoans drug cheats.

bruce is just as big a hypocrite.

It's just curious that there isn't a dissenting voice that I know of in the media. It's all "supplements saga, desperately unfortunate players, blah, blah, blah."

It was Caroline Wilson this week, lionising Cotchin for being the one to contact Watson before accepting his Brownlow Medal. I think we have an idea how Mitchell feels about Jobe and the Essendon 2012 season, which is pretty much in line with the non-Essendon AFL supporters. But this crap that roughly 100% of the AFL media spout about it is as obvious as it is embarrassing. It just goes to show they will do whatever it takes to keep a job.

You know what? Screw him. He was stripped of his Brownlow for cheating. Absolute BS that any player should feel compelled to call him up to make sure he's OK with it.

Last edited:
It's just curious that there isn't a dissenting voice that I know of in the media. It's all "supplements saga, desperately unfortunate players, blah, blah, blah."

It was Caroline Wilson this week, lionising Cotchin for being the one to contact Watson before accepting his Brownlow Medal. I think we have a rough idea how Mitchell feels about Jobe and the Essendon 2012 season, which is roughly in line with the non-Essendon AFL supporters. But this crap that roughly 100% of the AFL media spout about it is as obvious as it is embarrassing. It just goes to show they will do whatever it takes to keep a job.

You know what? Screw him. He was stripped of his Brownlow for cheating. Absolute BS that any player should feel compelled to call him up to make sure he's OK with it.

Agree. It's embarrassing that he's commentating prime time games on ch7. When you look at who else is in the box its hardly surprising though. 🦆

my favourite bit of tonights game was when he was crapping on about what finals footy was like. :think:
My favourite bit was when he said while st Kilda need two goals in just under two minutes "st Kilda need to get the ball foward". Sounds simply enough, but took him 4 attempts to get it out.

I'm glad the AFL and media company's are being careful with spending since covid. Just a coincidence that Jobe walked straight into channel 7 and Hamish managed to be employed for AFL.com when many are laid off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back