If it became 16 a side, how would your club become affected?

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the new configurations ?

Which two players do you lose ?

Needs some meat on the bones, too much of an air question.
Most suggestions tend to be removing the wings to prevent additional midfielders from flooding at either end and open it up for the run and carry types

I don't know if it would be no wings or 5 fwds/backs.. but I think either would create a faster game, like body types will change I think, I think it will become alot easier to score. More one on ones.. makes adelaide's chances of a successful rebuild 10% complete.

How would your company fair to a higher paced game, with fewer people on the field to zone, and more distance to be covered?

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so?

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's your thread, but in one you remove a forward and a defender and the other removes the two wings. The old VFA tried no wings
for a while tended to create a void between attack and defence. As the North Melbourne fellow said the AFLW uses the other method
which goes alright with their smaller venues. Fans have been conditioned to love the contest and have forgotten that in the past you
still got the contest it was just spread out over more of the ground.

What are the new configurations ?

Which two players do you lose ?

Needs some meat on the bones, too much of an air question.

Any two would reduce the players around the ball.

Just restrict the interchange is the simple move, allow every player three only interchanges for a game, even 2 per game.

Any two would reduce the players around the ball.

Just restrict the interchange is the simple move, allow every player three only interchanges for a game, even 2 per game.
Nothing is simple, they have spent years building endurance and athleticism and not just in the players, we used to have one
umpire. The effects of change are never felt until the change is made, might be too late to go back to the future.

I've always been a big advocate for removing 4 players from the field. Think about it, 36 players on the field at once is ridiculous and it's no wonder the game is so congested. List sizes could be cut by a couple of players which would be beneficial if the AFL expands to 20 teams with less of a drain on the talent pool. Removing two players would be another tactical layer added to the game for coaches, in a good way imo.

Nothing is simple, they have spent years building endurance and athleticism and not just in the players, we used to have one
umpire. The effects of change are never felt until the change is made, might be too late to go back to the future.

Depends what we want - professionalism & sports science have given us what we've got & talk of shorter quarters is another step down the same path. Where after that?

It would affect the code as a whole and just exacerbate the trend of favouring athleticism over talent which is the main reason why skills have become deplorable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back