Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Some of these might be considered emergencies, so there'd still be tradies on the job.

Some might be available. But they won't necessarily be sitting waiting for a call out, when 99 % of their customers aren't operating.
You own a service station franchise. You are selling less fuel than it costs to have the place open.
Do you open it?

Says the guy that posts photos of his $200 haircut

View attachment 912625
Most of that stuff I post is intended as self-deprecating humour m8. I brag about how "rich" I am by posting pictures of my hideous 1960s curtains etc.

But even if I am a narcissist, I suffer no delusions that I'm fixing the world by retweeting cliches or attending a protest (over an American issue, no less) in Melbourne during a global pandemic.

My favourite part was when they tried to make the protests relevant to Australia by spamming the number of Aboriginal deaths in custody... then went silent after it was pointed out that Aboriginal inmates are statistically under represented when it comes to deaths in custody.

The key to reducing the hate and anger here is education. Once the majority of the population are equipped with the skill to interpret statistics, movements such as BLM will implode.

Most of that stuff I post is intended as self-deprecating humour m8. I brag about how "rich" I am by posting pictures of my hideous 1960s curtains etc.

But even if I am a narcissist, I suffer no delusions that I'm fixing the world by retweeting cliches or attending a protest (over an American issue, no less) in Melbourne during a global pandemic.

My favourite part was when they tried to make the protests relevant to Australia by spamming the number of Aboriginal deaths in custody... then went silent after it was pointed out that Aboriginal inmates are statistically under represented when it comes to deaths in custody.

The key to reducing the hate and anger here is education. Once the majority of the population are equipped with the skill to interpret statistics, movements such as BLM will implode.

Sorry about the curtains man, I just thought you had poor taste.

LOL FK is just being modest.

I have been to his house. It is exceedingly large and his au pair speaks French.

He is by nature an idealist. He was just born in the wrong era. In less chaotic times, he too would hold an Arts degree and be a disciple of personal liberation.

When he's not out patrolling in the steelcaps, FK wears carefully faded designer jeans, and he once met Marlon Brando.

Previous reports of COVID mutating in Europe and the USA, different to Chinese strain, six times more infectious.

Is this what is in Victoria? This cluster originated there - highly infectious.

People at Crossroads Hotel cluster showing coronavirus symptoms 'closer to one day after being infected'
By Kate Aubusson

Here's an unsettling development reported by NSW Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant today: people in Sydney's Crossroads Hotel cluster had developed symptoms - and become infectious - incredibly fast.

The incubation period for COVID-19 is usually within 14 days, but people in this cluster have developed symptoms closer to one day after being infected, Dr Chant said.

“It gives you very little time for the contact tracers, because you’ve got to get your cases diagnosed and then you’ve got to lock down those contacts,” Dr Chant said.

“If you've got a sore throat today, don't wait for two days to get it diagnosed. Work with us. Go get tested day one because every day you can give us allows us to stop that spread,” Dr Chant said.

Who are you to judge the value of attending a protest.
Are you a closet Fascist? :eek:

Who are you to judge the value of attending a protest.
Are you a closet Fascist? :eek:

All rational people have criticized the timing of the protest, given what has transpired in Victoria with the covid 2.0.

We said it was a stupid idea then, and we are saying it was a stupid idea now.

Of course, no one will ever accuse lefties of being rational.

All rational people have criticized the timing of the protest, given what has transpired in Victoria with the covid 2.0.

Of course, no one will ever accuse lefties of being rational.
Why would anybody think that lefties were emotionally r etarded narcissists?

Careful there. You'll get accused of political bias!

Everything has to be political these days... even an apolitical virus that doesn't give a damn if someone swings left or right.

Careful there. You'll get accused of political bias!

Everything has to be political these days... even an apolitical virus that doesn't give a damn if someone swings left or right.

Indeed.

It seems a certain side of the discussion are fine with controlling the spread of the virus, as long as those attempts don't get in the road of their political activism.

Responsible citizens like you and I are then labelled fascists for even expressing concern.

We have repeatedly asked them not to politicize the discussion - even set up a separate Coronavirus politics thread - and yet here we are.

We have repeatedly asked them not to politicize the discussion - even set up a separate Coronavirus politics thread - and yet here we are.
So why do you keep refering to Lefties? o_O
Gee wizz - are you really the brightest the RWNJs can put up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh come on, that's the most pathetic way I've ever seen of avoiding answering a question. It's nickname I first scored back in 1990

I'll repeat plus add some more

How many Australian banks were insolvent in 2008?
How much did our government need to shell out to cover Australian banks?
How much did the federal government collect from the big 4 for the cost of the guarantee?

If you need help, the answer to the first two is zero, the answer to the third is somewhere between 500mil and a billion ( I can only be certain of the 200mil my work paid, but the other big 3 would be around the same mark), money which came off real balance sheets and not a "stroke" on a computer screen.

You cannot compare the regulatory environment and capital adequacy ratios of foreign countries to us

Lol. You think there is a difference between a banker in New York and one in Sydney. How quaint.

Banking risk here is much more concentrated than is overseas, owing to the huge value of the housing market and the collateral which the loans are held against.

Risk is interconnected through our banking sector, all banks lend to each other, if one goes down, who knows what happens to the others?

Im not going to name names, but at least 2 Australian banks were on the brink in 2008.

My central point is this: Your taxes dont fund government spending, sorry to tell you champ. The government can and will 'create' money by stroking keyboards if push comes to shove. Or more specifically, when the the big wigs themselves start to see their net wealth shredded by falling markets.

I might add, that collateral is on paper only.

If the guts falls out of the housing market, lets see how much those paper values are worth.

4.5s of F All.

I must be the dumbest poster on this site and by some margin.
If these numbers are anywhere near right 1,500 to 3,000 Australians die from the flu each year and there are normally around 300,000 cases and 18,000 hospitalised, then I must be completely utterly *ed.

Because COVID after 4 months has 111 deaths. If I multiply that by 3 that would give me an annual number of 333 covid deaths as compared to 1,500-3,000 from the flu each year.
Because COVID after 4 months there are 10,500 cases. If I multiply that by 3, we have 31,500 annual cases of covid as compared to 300,000 cases of flu.

And the flu this year is apparently virtually eradicated.

I must be the stupidest campaigner on this site because I can't understand any of it and urgently need some re-education

Influenza Fast Facts

If these numbers are anywhere near right 1,500 to 3,000 Australians die from the flu each year and there are normally around 300,000 cases and 18,000 hospitalised, then I must be completely utterly ******ed.

Because COVID after 4 months has 111 deaths. If I multiply that by 3 that would give me an annual number of 333 covid deaths as compared to 1,500-3,000 from the flu each year.
Because COVID after 4 months there are 10,500 cases. If I multiply that by 3, we have 31,500 annual cases of covid as compared to 300,000 cases of flu.

I must be the stupidest campaigner on this site because I can't understand any of it and urgently need some re-education

Influenza Fast Facts

Very misleading to look at just the death rate.

A % of people who 'recover' from COVID do not reach 100%. Long term effects are still unknown but there is growing evidence of serious damage to blood vessels, the kidneys, the brain and the heart. I dare say a significant percentage of these people will not return to the quality of life that they experienced before becoming unwell.

If these numbers are anywhere near right 1,500 to 3,000 Australians die from the flu each year and there are normally around 300,000 cases and 18,000 hospitalised, then I must be completely utterly ******ed.

Influenza Fast Facts
  • Restrictions and the closure of international borders meant that we were able to contain this early as opposed to Europe and the US, which is why our number of deaths is lower.
  • As a result of restrictions, social distancing and a majority of people doing the right thing, flu cases have also dropped this year
  • If we didn't do anything or didn't act early, we'd be in a similar situation to other places where it has spiralled out of control
  • COVID has already killed nearly 140K Americans (more than the flu https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...u-deaths-is-like-comparing-apples-to-oranges/), 45K in the UK, 74K in Brazil and over 30K in Italy in about 3 months.

Lol. You think there is a difference between a banker in New York and one in Sydney. How quaint.

Banking risk here is much more concentrated than is overseas, owing to the huge value of the housing market and the collateral which the loans are held against.

Risk is interconnected through our banking sector, all banks lend to each other, if one goes down, who knows what happens to the others?

Im not going to name names, but at least 2 Australian banks were on the brink in 2008.

My central point is this: Your taxes dont fund government spending, sorry to tell you champ. The government can and will 'create' money by stroking keyboards if push comes to shove. Or more specifically, when the the big wigs themselves start to see their net wealth shredded by falling markets.

Please tell me your experience in Banking risk, from practical working experience. Anything below the CEO salary is not in the multi millions the RC put a stop to that and rightly so when the "bonus" culture based on sales and commission was destroyed.

The banks loan to each other, do they really? There's a shitload of difference between lending and guarantees, again please tell me your practical experience and provide proof, you've stated it the onus is on you to prove it.

Come on name them, I was working in the treasury section and whilst there were pressures, none of the Big 4 were on the brink of collapse which 2008 profit figures prove.

WTF are we paying tax for, do you mean none of our taxes fund spending, then where does income tax go, where the the GST go? Hookers and Blow?

This might come as a shock but Australian banks aren't owned by individuals, so who are these "big wigs" that can make money at the stroke of a keyboard, you've stated it name one/some that can artificially create wealth like that in this country

I will agree with you though that the housing sector is overvalued, so those paper values will drop, "but" if they do they will rebound quickly as the bargain hunters will push the prices up again very quickly similar to what happened in 20018-2019

Seriously take off the tin foil hat and stop howling at the 5G towers, if you wish to make outlandish statements then PROVE IT.

You've used the word stroking a few times haven't you, might be time to take your hand off/out of it "champ" "pal" "slick" "buddy"

I've been doing this for 35 years across major Australian and one global banks, again please tell me your practical inside working experience

Very misleading to look at just the death rate.

A % of people who 'recover' from COVID do not reach 100%. Long term effects are still unknown but there is growing evidence of serious damage to blood vessels, the kidneys, the brain and the heart. I dare say a significant percentage of these people will not return to the quality of life that they experienced before becoming unwell.

Despite our differences on Banking (LOL)

I agree with 100% here, I've got a lot of friends in the UK that have had it and their lungs are now shot permanently.

I live in fear of the *er as I operate on one lung at half capacity these days

• Restrictions and the closure of international borders meant that we were able to contain this early as opposed to Europe and the US, which is why our number of deaths is lower.
  • As a result of restrictions, social distancing and a majority of people doing the right thing, flu cases have also dropped this year
  • If we didn't do anything or didn't act early, we'd be in a similar situation to other places where it has spiralled out of control
  • COVID has already killed nearly 140K Americans (more than the flu https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...u-deaths-is-like-comparing-apples-to-oranges/), 45K in the UK, 74K in Brazil and over 30K in Italy in about 3 months.
I don't understand any of that either, because over all mortailty for the year in the USA and UK is lower than previous years.
Not to mention that in those countries all other causes of death except covid are dramatically down.
Look at Australia right now the flu has been eradicated.

Clearly, you any many others are way too smart for me because I can't figure how any of this makes a blind bit of sense.
I must have a really low IQ or something

We need Stage 4 restrictions here in Melbourne and everyone needs to be locked down with a tightening on what is classified as an essential service. The NZ example was good and they got it spot on. Unless you work in a hospital / chemist or supermarket and/or providing the goods for the shelves we need to live on you should be staying home and that means closing all construction sites domestic / civil and commercial as social distancing is impossible and i know because i work in the industry.

This 2nd wave now hitting in the middle of Winter which is also when the virus thrives which could see us in a really bad way much worse than where we are currently.

I just hope Daniel Andrews has the balls to call it and save lives and it only needs to be for about 3 weeks and NZ did it for 17 days and eradicated the virus within a month going from Stage 4 restrictions to then 3 / 2 and so on.
All states excepting Vic and NSW achieved elimination with Stage 3 restrictions. Stage 4 is overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back