Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Governments can talk in 2 second sound bites. I am required to be complex. Hmm.

im expecting more from you than "if govt cant outsource defence why are they outsourcing catering?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

do a risk assessment, and you will know why the world isnt "privatize nothing" or "privatize everything"

again, you cannot be this simple

Its racist to criticise a mass gathering held during a pandemic and link it to an outbreak just 6 weeks later?

I don’t believe it is racist. I do believe the desire of some to focus on an issue with fairly circumstantial links to the outbreak, when there is already a painfully obvious primary source of the outbreak, is driven by a desire to link BLM with an outbreak in order to push a seperate ideological agenda.

Do I think Andrews should have been stronger on the protests, absolutely. Do I think it was selfish of people to protest, absolutely. Do I think the protests are worthy of much further discussion in the face of the hotel quarantine issue, no I don’t.

It is understandable the police said no - they have a fair bit on their plate already in a completely new environment plus their normal duties.

Police should not have to babysit returned travellers and quite frankly it is a complete waste of resources if they did.

Ultimately the problem is this was not that hard a job. It is a clear brief and individuals have failed in delivering that brief. It is a failure of private security companies who no doubt used some sort of labour hire arrangement to fill the positions.

The failure by government is that they did not identify this risk and they did not monitor it properly.

Private security should have been able to do this job.

Babysit was the term & it was the first sign all hands were not on deck ....

Babysit was the term & it was the first sign all hands were not on deck ....

It does appear that Government were way to complacent and did not do their part when it comes to oversight and ongoing compliance.

It also appears that the security arrangement was a collaboration between labour hire and a costume shop.

For me this highlights again that a profit model is not always the best model. This is essentially the same issue as the entire banking royal commission - profits take precedence over compliance and the whole time the government is not doing their job in providing proper oversight.

It is not good enough by anyone.

What are the odds of Daniel Andrews facing a leadership challenge by November-early December if the Coronavirus crisis is not brought under control?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back