Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

chad-warner-of-the-swans-trains-during-a-sydney-swans-afl-training-picture-id1251467315

Chad Warner
When the Sydney Swans swept up Chad Warner with pick 39 at the 2019 AFL Draft, they secured a youngster with an insatiable appetite for the contest. Warner attacks the ball and opponents with aggression and is relishing calling midfield bulls Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker his teammates at the Swans. Warner impressed for Western Australia in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18.2 touches (50 per cent contested), 3.2 clearances and 6.8 tackles per game. He also tallied an average of 27.1 disposals, 6.4 clearances and 7.4 tackles per match at Colts level for East Fremantle in 2019. He earned his AFL debut against Richmond in Round 6 of the 2020 season, recording eight disposals and two tackles.

Chad Warner
DOB: 19 May 2001
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #39, 2019 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Willetton (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/East Fremantle (WAFL)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
On the latest Jock Reynolds SC Podcast they mention Horse had to tell Chad to take it easy on players during a semi-contested game.
Seems Chad has just the one speed. All-out.
Not sure if that story came from BF on not...
He's going to do some damage in the NEAFL early on I reckon. Wouldn't want a bar of it myself. :D

Horse telling him to settle reminds me of Zak Jones who I recall had to be told similar early on!

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Was actually pretty disappointed in his game was anything but the pressure player he was drafted for, few occasions the ball was close to his vicinity and he didnt impact at all.
He'll need time to adjust to not being played as a midfielder like his entire career, give him 4 or 5 years out of position and he may become possibly adequate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back