Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Solution? I think zones need to be given a go. 3 nominated players inside attacking 50 and defending 50 at all times. Only brief 30 second foray outside allowed to collect ball.
No. Just reduce the bench to replacements. Blokes will get tired. The game with open up in the second half when the players with skill will come into their own. They think faster even when tired. The athletes will look pedestrian. Players need to get tired to show the skill of those who have better footy brains. Nick Reiwolt would run a hundred metres to blow a tagger. Then run another hundred to blow a tagger the other way. Then they replace the tagger. Where is the reward in that. Players with skill will more get space when players get tired. They want to reduce fatigue? Studpid!!

Why not upload the photo? They no longer upload the training pictures so we cannot make guesses of of the bib they're wearing
here a few

Last edited:

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
No. Just reduce the bench to replacements. Blokes will get tired. The game with open up in the second half when the players with skill will come into their own. They think faster even when tired. The athletes will look pedestrian. Players need to get tired to show the skill of those who have better footy brains. Nick Reiwolt would run a hundred metres to blow a tagger. Then run another hundred to blow a tagger the other way. Then they replace the tagger. Where is the reward in that. Players with skill will more get space when players get tired. They want to reduce fatigue? Studpid!!
I've never quite understood this, make people more tired to see more skill? Coaches are just going to get people who can run out the games better. You'll get players who can pressure and harass for an entire game over players with supreme skills who can't maintain his pressure through the game.

IMO, just decrease it to 15 men a side, get rid of any 6-6-6 rule or anything like (most of the teams that had great scoring had men back running through the contest, see Adelaide and Richmond in 2017)

Its not that hard, you just have to give the finger to the people that think that the numbers ok either side can't be changed, like it's some holy transcript delivered to us by God.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
I've never quite understood this, make people more tired to see more skill? Coaches are just going to get people who can run out the games better. You'll get players who can pressure and harass for an entire game over players with supreme skills who can't maintain his pressure through the game.

IMO, just decrease it to 15 men a side, get rid of any 6-6-6 rule or anything like (most of the teams that had great scoring had men back running through the contest, see Adelaide and Richmond in 2017)

Its not that hard, you just have to give the finger to the people that think that the numbers ok either side can't be changed, like it's some holy transcript delivered to us by God.
Leave the game the way it is. Keep it simple. More rules just complicate things. Reduce interchange. it will reduce athletes and see more footballers. More people staying in their positions. no need for 666 or anything else. keep it simple.

Just like teams have figured out how to reduce the Tigers strength, the game will figure it out. Every time rules are changes,it sets that timeframe back as there are new things introduced that were not there before. Leave it alone, stop tinkering and the game will evolve through it all. Artificially trying to speed it up has not worked, and frankly, wont work. Every new rule has a flow on effect. I can give you one thing that will instantly improve the game without making any alteration to the rules......

Umpire to the rules as they are now

The rules are fine, its the inconsistent umpiring of them that has totally screwed it up. We keep avoiding the main cause for the issue, and its the blokes officiating have lost any feel for the game as they try to look for particular things, umpire different players differently and invent things that are not there. Fix the inconsistency of umpiring interpretations and understanding of the same situation, and you will go a long way to improving the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a footy board, not the New York Times. Put it up.

FFS do you not believe me!

Edit: I have the all clear to post them, they're public now.

EF71B651-8831-4678-86A8-6C7480AD5996.jpeg
EF71B651-8831-4678-86A8-6C7480AD5996.jpeg
4C00C4F3-42C8-4FB8-B012-254B4616AF5F.jpeg
528DB07D-AFA9-46ED-B6DC-F2B62C88F09A.jpeg

The boys getting around Elijah, Horse looking jovial, the Swans media woman with her phone recording...

Not saying it's definitive proof but has all the hallmarks of a debut announcement.

Last edited:

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

View attachment 913254View attachment 913254View attachment 913255View attachment 913256

The boys getting around Elijah, Horse looking jovial, the Swans media woman with her phone recording...

Not saying it's definitive proof but has all the hallmarks of a debut announcement.
It could be that the Swans players are celebrating that one of our players hit 5 targets in a row!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney

View attachment 913256

Looks like Horse just took them through Dimmas apology phone call.

Sep 25, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
Mine is holding the ball calls when a player gets jumped on by 6 opponents the moment he takes possession.

Stupid rule interpretation.
I know right. One of the highlights of watching JPK over the years is seeing him shake of 3 guys hanging off him and still clearing the footy..And now Nathan Buckley wants to play volleyball, wish these coaches would just shut up about rule changes.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back