Changes for round 7 vs Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood did it with De goey.

I personally think we are in a position to rest players in certain positions so we are not left in the lurch.

Some examples:

Cripps: Bring in JJ or Treacy. Pet injured but once he is back he could slot in if needed.

JK: He will a 100% need a rest sooner than later. Plenty of ways to work around this. Bailey , Brander , Allen or Waterman can all be placed into that forward line.

Hurn: Rotham, Watson & jetta could all come in.

Nic Nat: We need him in a 100% but at some point he will need a rest but we have Bailey, Hickey and Vardy.

Not saying we do it all at once but some of our senior players WILL need a rest at some point. The big positive with Shuey being out with a hammy was it aloud us to bring in a yound mid to improve our depth for the long term.

Our first Sunday game since the restart means the return of the dreaded extended squad tonight.

Here’s my guess at how it’ll look.

B: Sheppard, Barrass, Hurn
HB: Duggan, McGovern, Cole
C: Gaff, Shuey, Redden
HF: Cripps, Darling, Sheed
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Ah Chee
R: Naitanui, Kelly, Yeo
I (from): Waterman, Allen, Williams, Nelson, Cameron, Ainsworth, Rotham, Watson

In: Shuey, Williams, Rotham, Watson
Out: no one yet

Shuey to be withdrawn Friday or Saturday after serving his purpose in the game of Derby selection silly buggers, and replaced by ... I dunno, let’s say Brayshaw. Ainsworth to hold his spot as a result.

Nelson and Cameron to also survive the cut tomorrow along with two of Waterman/Allen/Williams, depending on how Freo line up (and whether this rain is going to bugger off by Sunday).

BOM saying sunny and partly cloudy for Sunday:cool:

Why do people have Waterman in their outs?

I’ve got him as an out because I don’t think we can play Allen as backup ruck against Darcy and Lobb so we need Williams, but also we can’t play Kennedy, Darling, Allen, Waterman and two rucks.

I’ve got him as an out because I don’t think we can play Allen as backup ruck against Darcy and Lobb so we need Williams, but also we can’t play Kennedy, Darling, Allen, Waterman and two rucks.

And Allen's got an article on the WCE website pumping up JK and saying he can't wait to run out with him, so he's definitely staying in the side (as he should).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy...

Is Nicnat sore or something?
Maybe, but you’d think Bailey would be in given he’s been the emergency for much of the year. I’d back a combo of Williams/Allen in the ruck over Vardy/Allen.

Unless we’ve looked at Freo’s shorter backline and intend to stretch them with Vardy/JK/JD/Waterman with Nic Nat roving in bursts.

Our first Sunday game since the restart means the return of the dreaded extended squad tonight.

Here’s my guess at how it’ll look.

B: Sheppard, Barrass, Hurn
HB: Duggan, McGovern, Cole
C: Gaff, Shuey, Redden
HF: Cripps, Darling, Sheed
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Ah Chee
R: Naitanui, Kelly, Yeo
I (from): Waterman, Allen, Williams, Nelson, Cameron, Ainsworth, Rotham, Watson

In: Shuey, Williams, Rotham, Watson
Out: no one yet

Some minor positional changes among the starting 18, and Vardy and XON on the extended bench instead of Williams (for some strange reason) and Watson. Pretty close.

Bit of ducks and going on I reckon, especially around the rucks.

Both Darcy and Lobb have question marks - so it’ll be interesting to see who actually runs out on Sunday arvo.

Important call too with Fyfe out and Walters to the middle, the game could be won or lost in the ruck.

Did Bailey run over Simpsons cat or what?

The blatantly OBVIOUS ruck choice to pair with Naitanui going into 2020, even had the most impressive pre season form by a long way.

And yet Simpson has thrown up just about every other option. Can't wait for Jamieson to be named ahead of him in a months time.

Really hoping Vardy isn't named.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back