Unofficial Preview Round 7, 2020: Sydney Swans v Gold Coast Suns - SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grey 7d @85% efficiency (6 effective disposals). 2 contested. 4 marks. 3 inside 50 tackles. Since resumption stats are 7, 13, 11 and 7.

McLean 11d @54% efficiency (6 effective disposals). 3 contested. 3 marks. 0 inside 50 tackles. Since resumption stats are 7, 4, 8 and 11.

Blakey 9 disposals @33% efficiency (3 effective disposals). 4 contested. 0 marks. 0 inside 50 tackles. Since resumption stats are 11, 6, 6, 13 and 9.

I can't see what the selection committee are valuing here? Rewarding turnovers and a lack of pressure from forwards, while devaluing forwards who take marks and put on tackling pressure. Some on here have mentioned they feel the Bloods culture has died out amongst the playing group. This could be a reason why. Can't imagine it is good for morale when those that aren't earning a spot are being handed one anyway, while those that are at least giving it a crack are dropped.

I believe we are going to make some hard decisions on certain players due to brutal list cuts at the end of the season. I think Maibaum and Ling will get a run towards the end of the season as well. Give them 3-4 games to see if they are worth it...
may not be brutal list cuts....there is a push now to keep list sizes,some think there is no need to reduce as first considered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure why we wouldn't keep McCartin and McLean inside 50 together. They were our targets against North and they worked reasonably well, and that was with Heeney.

The solution to beating Gold Coast is actually easy: Stop Charlie Ballard. He was the difference between a respectable loss to Melbourne last week and a trouncing.

I wanted McCartin down back as he can put a body on, punch and generally throw himself about. AA can't do many of those things Little chance of that now I guess, but who knows, they might stick parker and Dawson upforward; I hope they do.

I wanted McCartin down back as he can put a body on, punch and generally throw himself about. AA can't do many of those things Little chance of that now I guess, but who knows, they might stick parker and Dawson upforward; I hope they do.

Aliir can spoil. I'd say he's in the top 3 spoilers in the comp really. Unfortunately he's best spoiling when loose, or when he's one on one with his opponent with a high ball coming in.

I like Aliir but the reality may be that he's like Jeremy McGovern: excellent at reading the play and being loose, suspect when contested. I'd still back him in to improve the contested side of his game, he's shown he's capable at times. But I think we need to work out a way to have him playing the attacking role he's best at. I suspect a fit Brand or an improved Melican would free him up to do this.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Don't leave Gould out of the "slap in the face" party.:)

As per our trading, I hope we stop going to the bargain bin . We have enough talented kids now to back them in from here on in and start looking at the top shelf.
Oh of course forgot about Gould!

will get a go at some point this year you’d think.

This has to be the youngest Swans side we've fielded in yonks surely... average games played of 63.5 !!!

Good. It’s what we should have been doing from round 1

Cant be worse than your D grade plodders

Gray was a chance and 1 year

Why’s pick 99 on two years better

He was worth a punt imo , was not always going to work

Easy to be captain hindsight , who was actually angry we got him at the time?

Gray was a chance and 1 year

Why’s pick 99 on two years better

He was worth a punt imo , was not always going to work

Easy to be captain hindsight , who was actually angry we got him at the time?

I wasn’t against getting him on the proviso he played midfield. I hated the idea of getting him as a small forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back