Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Thursday, July 16
Geelong v Collingwood (OS) (N)

Friday, July 17
Essendon v Western Bulldogs (MS) (N)

Saturday, July 18
Greater Western Sydney v Brisbane Lions (GS)
Sydney v Gold Coast (SCG) (T)
Richmond v North Melbourne (MS) (N)

Sunday, July 19
Carlton v Port Adelaide (G)
Hawthorn v Melbourne (GS)
Fremantle v West Coast (OS) (N)

Monday, July 20
Adelaide v St Kilda (AO) (N)

HUGE litmus test for the AFL on Thursday night. Which shorts will Geelong wear?
Navy for sure, because it's Geelong logic

White. After the Blues game at GMHBA (where we wore white shorts), I'd say the white shorts will be worn against Carlton and Collingwood (to avoid clashes), with navy in other home matches

It will be white, I am sure if there was any issue the AFL would have made it a Collingwood home game like they always fix with Essendon and Melbourne.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Even with one team all white and the other all black it's still a lot of white going around.
Fingers crossed for lesser of the clashes 🤞

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
White. After the Blues game at GMHBA (where we wore white shorts), I'd say the white shorts will be worn against Carlton and Collingwood (to avoid clashes), with navy in other home matches

I would think the AFL would do the right thing after it became such a huge issue in the QF last year, but remember that happened the very next game after Geelong wore white shorts at home to Carlton, so I’m not sure how much of a precedent that actually sets.

I would think the AFL would do the right thing after it became such a huge issue in the QF last year, but remember that happened the very next game after Geelong wore white shorts at home to Carlton, so I’m not sure how much of a precedent that actually sets.

I think we only wore the white shorts in that match to ensure that we could wear the Indigenous jumper as a tribute to Polly, had we worn the home jumper in that match I suspect we'd have worn our home shorts

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I think we only wore the white shorts in that match to ensure that we could wear the Indigenous jumper as a tribute to Polly, had we worn the home jumper in that match I suspect we'd have worn our home shorts

I don’t really follow that logic though. The Indigenous jumper had more blue than the home jumper, so how would white shorts aid in ensuring it could be worn?

I don’t really follow that logic though. The Indigenous jumper had more blue than the home jumper, so how would white shorts aid in ensuring it could be worn?

Because the back of the jumper is almost completely white, and about 1/3 of the blue on the front is a light blue. Wearing white shorts made it a light kit, which was an acceptable contrast with Carlton's full home kit

AFL Indigenous jumpers 2019: Every club's Sir Doug Nicholls round ...

There was a real stink kicked up in the R23 weekly thread about how terrible it was going to be, but with the light blue and white shorts it turned out fine

AFL Rd 23 - Geelong v Carlton : News Photo

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Because the back of the jumper is almost completely white, and about 1/3 of the blue on the front is a light blue. Wearing white shorts made it a light kit, which was an acceptable contrast with Carlton's full home kit

AFL Indigenous jumpers 2019: Every club's Sir Doug Nicholls round ...'s Sir Doug Nicholls round ...

There was a real stink kicked up in the R23 weekly thread about how terrible it was going to be, but with the light blue and white shorts it turned out fine

Yes, but the home jumper is more white. It doesn’t make sense to say, “if you want to wear this white and mostly light blue jumper you have to wear white shorts, but with your regular all white jumper you can wear blue shorts”.

My point is that if they were directed to wear white shorts with their Indigenous to create a contrast, it stands to reason they should have been directed to do the same if they wore their regular home jumper, which is what ultimately happened in the meeting with Carlton earlier this year. Yet last year that ruling went out the window the very next week against Collingwood, so I fear that the same could happen again. Hopefully they’ve learned from it though.

Boyohboywowwee

All Australian
Jun 3, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geelong clash with blue shorts. Collingwood clash with white shorts.

I know this won’t happen but remember it’s 2020 anything is possible. Here’s why....

- the match is played in perth
- Geelong in the last couple of years are wearing blue shorts in most of their home games.
- Collingwoods Clash kit is celebrating 30 years since the 1990 premiership, and they are wearing it as much as possible. Eg v the dogs in round 1.

It’s great to use your imagination

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Geelong clash with blue shorts. Collingwood clash with white shorts.

I know this won’t happen but remember it’s 2020 anything is possible. Here’s why....

- the match is played in perth
- Geelong in the last couple of years are wearing blue shorts in most of their home games.
- Collingwoods Clash kit is celebrating 30 years since the 1990 premiership, and they are wearing it as much as possible. Eg v the dogs in round 1.

It’s great to use your imagination
Geelong white with blue vs Collingwood white with white...

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
One of the nicest looking matchups in the league tonight IMO
I'd like to see less white on Collingwood. Same with navy when Geelong is away. But with the right shorts like tonight it's infinitely cleaner.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
I was referring to the COllingwood guernsey. I called it a "Geelong special" for use when the Pies play Geelong. Sorry, I suspected my post might've been a little unclear
Makes sense, yeah. My suggestion works for Geelong away games 🙂

Back