Pendles is a better player than Danger - what do you think (poll added)

Which player is better, Scott Pendlebury or Patrick Dangerfield

• S Pendlebury

Votes: 150 74.6%
  • P Dangerfield

Votes: 51 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger's best is better which certainly attracts the plaudits.

Pendles has been more consistent and has been doing it for a few years longer, though obviously Danger is a couple of years younger so he may make up those years at the end of their careers.

I'd take the latter.

Pendlebury is perhaps the most composed player i've ever seen, up there with Simon Black. Great ball user and clean. Danger is explosive, takes big marks and can break the lines. I think his kicking is better than people say but the bad ones are quite bad. I think they're about on an even keel. Hard to be definitive on this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love watching Pendles play, so slick, always has been better than Dangerfield no arguments from me, Although Dangerfield can be more of a match winner on his day! Pendlebury is the more consistant and complete player, one of the modern day great players for me.

Love watching Pendles play, so slick, always has been better than Dangerfield no arguments from me, Although Dangerfield can be more of a match winner on his day! Pendlebury is the more consistant and complete player, one of the modern day great players for me.
Agree almost.from a different era now

Beautiful player

Did you know Pendles comes from a basketball background, i believe a few commentators may have harped on his incredible
basketball background. Joel Selwood is a good dribbler, but it has nothing to do with a basketball background. I avoid these
comparisons as a rule, but Pendles and his basketball background is beautiful to behold. Sadly this game was always going
to be tedious to watch no matter the purity of a basketball background. Luckily i enjoy the mentalist and channel surfing.

There's no discussion
Pendlebury has been a premiership player
Dangerfield has never been a premiership player

By that logic Alan Didak was better than Bucks!

That being said, I would rank Pendlebury ahead of Dangerfield. Danger is brilliant, obviously, and can do the mercurial but Pendlebury at times looks like Keanu in the Matrix, slowing down time so he can weave through traffic. Beautiful kick, great decision-maker, steps up in big moments. Probably only behind Michael Voss, Nick Riewoldt and Shaun Burgoyne as my favourite non-Cat that I've seen live.

Pendles all day everyday. Taking nothing away from Danger Who is also an elite player who can turn a game on his own.
The class and composure of Pendles is next level and at his best would be in the top 5 players in the last decade imo.
Think you would find it hard for anybody too say a bad word about Pendles always plays it hard and fair.
1 of my fav non saints players.

Back