Pendles is a better player than Danger - what do you think (poll added)

Which player is better, Scott Pendlebury or Patrick Dangerfield

• S Pendlebury

Votes: 150 74.6%
  • P Dangerfield

Votes: 51 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
As a opposition fan I've never 'worried' about facing Pendles even though you know he's great there is no ' fear factor ' there

Danger ? Different kettle of fish entirely

There is just something about those physical beast types like Danger and Dusty that make it feel like there is nothing your blokes can do , that it's not fair even

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Geez some people love dumping on Danger. Bloke was huge tonight in a team that didn't play very well and was BOG last week. Pendles is all class and his ability to perform at a consistently high level makes him a champ. They're very different players though which makes them a hard pairing to compare. Just as food for thought though, I will say that Danger has kicked 109 more goals than Pendles in 53 less games.

LongPause

Team Captain
Jul 23, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agree, you could really see him downright sprinting to contests to try and impact it and lift the team, which get unfortunately ignored after losing. Comparisons straight after a game always seem to have victory bias.

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Was at the game tonight, Pendles vision was something else on a few of his passes. Either he is a savant or they practice certain running patterns and he trusts his team mates are going to be waiting for it. I agree with whoever said Pendles has better skills but Danger is more likely to drag you over the line. Danger was doing the work of two tonight.

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Was at the game tonight, Pendles vision was something else on a few of his passes. Either he is a savant or they practice certain running patterns and he trusts his team mates are going to be waiting for it. I agree with whoever said Pendles has better skills but Danger is more likely to drag you over the line. Danger was doing the work of two tonight.

still say that Selwood vs Pendles is the better career comparison
see: 2011.

Last edited:

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Very different players. Pendlebury kind of a quiet achiever among the best. While a lot of other top players like Dangerfield try the freakish stuff more often or use dominant physical abilities like speed or strength. So on their day they look a lot more awe-inspiring. But they'll play a bit of a stinker when it is not. Pendlebury always seems to go for the option he is sure he can execute reading the game so well. He just never plays a bad game. But perhaps is a bit unterrated because those freaks moment are often the most celebrated in the game.
Feels likely that rating 10 of Pendlebury's games will mean giving 10x an A. While Dangerfield will probably have played more like A++, A+, A, A, A, A, B, B , C, C over 10 games.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Pendles for me is the 3rd best player of the 21st century.
Only behind ablett and buddy.
Boy oh boy wowee! This is a huge huge call!

Sure you're not forgetting some bloke by the name of Chris Judd? Oh and there's this other guy by the name of Voss, some other no names like Buckley & Hird might have sumpthin to say about that too - some other spuds by the names of Goodes and Riccuito also come to mind. All Chas wearers btw.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Pendles: predicts where and when the ball is going to be - usually correctly - before the ball happens to be. That's what gives the optical illusion of all that 'time and space' premonition like. There probably has never been a player that reads the the play to that level, and we may never see another player emulate this 'skill' to the same heights. This guy bends time to his will.

Danger: Literally blows the door open in the contest and says 'that footy is mine give it to me' then proceeds to burst out of the pack at warp speed before sinking the slipper in from outside 50 to bang it through at 3/4 post height. 'Wow' to watch, just mind blow - Pat McAfee, can see him inappropriately soiling his cotton boxers over it.

Different styles of player, Pendles is probably a victim of his own exceptional consistence - probably 'overlooked' at times because of it, rarely wastes any of his 20 odd avg. disposals.

Danger can just decide he's going to win a game, very Dusty like and probably overlooked coz Dusty. Pendles bends time, this bloke bends games.

Pretty hard to compare really as they are different, probably more accurate to compare Danger in the same vein as Dusty, Petracca and maybe The Goey. More similar type players.

Back