News List changes 2021-onwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eliza Hynes retires.
After three seasons in black and white and more than a decade of international and professional volleyball before that, Hynes has decided to step back from the sporting life.

The 28 year-old played 11 AFLW matches for Collingwood.

“I have absolutely loved pursuing my passion for sport,” Hynes said.

“Competing and the satisfaction of achieving goals, even the discipline and sacrifices required to be as good as you can be, has been a wonderful experience.

“Collingwood gave me the opportunity to chase a new dream and I will be forever thankful to the club, my coaches, team-mates and the many other people who helped me to pull on the boots and the famous black and white striped jumper.”

Collingwood AFLW coach, Steve Symonds, paid tribute to Hynes’ dedication and the example she set for her team-mates.

“Eliza brought all of her experience and focus to the way in which she prepared and chased improvement. Her dedication rippled through the group, making others around her better,” Symonds said.

“We are sad to see Eliza leave the program but pleased that she is content doing so. We all wish her well.”

Eliza Hynes retires.

Sad to see her depart as I think she was just starting to play some consistent footy and at worst was really handy depth. Wish her well in her future endeavours.

Sad to see her depart as I think she was just starting to play some consistent footy and at worst was really handy depth. Wish her well in her future endeavours.
Yeah, once Sharni really got going, Eliza would have found it hard to get that ruck position

Yeah, once Sharni really got going, Eliza would have found it hard to get that ruck position

I thought she played some good footy down back when used there. She was really handy depth ruck and key position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

women’s football sources have also flagged the possibility of moves for speedster Aliesha Newman to Collingwood

Magpie Sarah Dargan has been strongly linked to the Tigers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back