Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Someone do a doggies thread?

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
I usually try to just after the game ends but like tonight I'm usually on my way into work but thankfully we've got some board members that are quick on the trigger.

Good win, would have liked a couple more goals, but in the end a good away win for the club, and onto Thursday night!
Yeah, Deserved to win by more if we had of kicked straight but a wins a win and Sydney made us work for it.

Swans fans reading their board are generally quite ok with how they played today and seem to have no major complaints.
Very respectable fans.
Swannies fans would understand what boat they're currently in and recognise that we were them not too long ago.

Doesn't hurt that we play a similar style either.

Much respect for Swans fans, Board bromance anyone?

Really wanted to crack open my new bottle of Buffalo Trace tonight but had to leave for work on the final siren, The bottle of Becks (From the motherland) I had at Half time will have to suffice until I get home.

Might be a new tradition of mine if we keep winning though... 🤔

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
They showed guts, got outclassed by a team who are much more talented than them

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Swans did well considering they have been decimated by injury.

But if we kicked straight, and not been smashed by the umps, we really should have won by an extra 5 goals.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Do we know if we are flying back home tonight or is it tomorrow?

Tonight
4f5ed4cab683b7b7b01c3c0bda68e1b0.jpg

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They both responded well
A rewatch of the game confirms they contributed mightily

Both of them responded and the others followed.....Swallow just goes up in my estimation every time he crosses the "white line"....

Any success that comes his way will be thoroughly earned......not like some who left for the unearned glory...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not sure if anyone commented about this but thought it was great to see Anderson remonstrate with Parker after he knocked down Rankine because of his spoil attempt. Showed a lot of fight from the kid. Very team oriented, good to see the boys have each others backs.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes I see your point. My whole thing about Fiorini and Collins signing up in the off season was that I wanted us to have one year for once when the VFL Hate Media didn’t spend the year speculating on whether one of our players was going to wet his bed or not.

I do understand your point though.
So if fiorini isn’t getting games and decides to go to north Melbourne ( a side lower on the ladder and in a clear worse position than us talent wise) for more opportunity to be best 22 does that meet bods “bed wetting” criteria

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Couldn’t watch, looked a game
We had some wins but also a few negatives judging by the comments.
mill take an away 5 goal win every day of the week
Greenwood,miller, swallow, Weller, Ellis, rankine looked to have really good games based on that’s match stats. Looking forward to watching the replay to see how it matches up

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Dermott Brereton was good to listen to yesterday
Was only a little thing , but when Bowesy did his party trick of stepping through 10 opposition players, Dermy recalled him doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago
They're only small things, but it makes a big difference to having Derdrayne calling us every week and still not knowing the players names after 5 years
Derm gets genuinely excited about talent

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah didn’t age well - to be fair he was playing back pocket
Who couldn't love Wil's energy and committment to the cause?
We all do
I just don't see him becoming the player the Club wants him to be and he seems to get opportunities above other players who (to me anyway) can offer more at this stage
He's a project player
Sometimes I wonder if players like Wil get a game because they're on minimum coin and the Club is hoping to find a cheapie to balance out the Rankine Rowell Anderson King Lukosius Ballard Greenwood Ellis contracts

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Two great photos as a result
View attachment 914727

Love how Parker is standing over him trying to get up in the face of the second gamer like a b*tch, and Rankine was still there clapping back at him.

His love for the game and the contest is infectious.

Hard to believe that was only his 2nd game. :eek:

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not sure if anyone commented about this but thought it was great to see Anderson remonstrate with Parker after he knocked down Rankine because of his spoil attempt. Showed a lot of fight from the kid. Very team oriented, good to see the boys have each others backs.
Noah is going to be a beast after a few more preseasons in the gym.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back