Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I went to a game in the mid 2000’s against a rubbish team, a rubbish Coach and a rubbish game plan.

They ended up getting 3 great draft picks.

It was Hawthorn

This year will be a start, but Hawthorn had about 15 great draft picks. They whiffed on on few. We need to grow a set and get more.

Get to work Brady.

I might watch some soccer games to see more goals being scored. :stern look
Watch Leicester City coz "Jamie Vardy's havin' a party"

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
This year will be a start, but Hawthorn had about 15 great draft picks. They whiffed on on few. We need to grow a set and get more.

Get to work Brady.
Besides the draft, most thought Clarkson was a dud and a defensive bore of a Game Plan...and I expect a few Seasons of going to the early Draft at this rate

The Maestro

All Australian
Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man United, New York Knicks
The most disappointing thing for me isn’t just our poor form but it is the clear lack of conditioning in our players.

I’ve said it before, that with the break and isolation period it will expose the players who have not put the work in on their own.

Only players who look at peak fitness are Goldstein, Simpkin, Taylor, Tarrant and Walker.

The rest are cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The most disappointing thing for me isn’t just our poor form but it is the clear lack of conditioning in our players.

I’ve said it before, that with the break and isolation period it will expose the players who have not put the work in on their own.

Only players who look at peak fitness are Goldstein, Simpkin, Taylor, Tarrant and Walker.

The rest are cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bit harsh on McDonald here, he’s been one of our best coming out of iso..

One positive i got was seeing Kyron give the peace sign walking onto the ground after the final siren

kyron.jpeg

Haven't read all the comments, but has anyone mentioned the sh*t show by the umpires? North were the worst i'd seen since the early 70s, but that was only eclipsed by the umpires "hold my beer" attempt to steal our thunder:thumbsdown:
I reckon they figure if Trevor Chappell can dish out an under arm throw, so can richmond. And that Dusty 50??

treegreen

Team Captain
Oct 13, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest, Melbourne Heart
Also, Froggy wasn't too bad tonight but I would drop him after that post game giggling.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even by this forum's clueless standards, these posts take the cake.

"No enjoying yourself - act miserable out there or we're going to drop you, no matter how well you play".

That's exactly how to manage a team with low morale and confidence.

I reckon they figure if Trevor Chappell can dish out an under arm throw, so can richmond. And that Dusty 50??

I was done right then. They pulled out a 50 that hasn't been paid since Gary Ablett was running around in his first season for the Qld folly. Ridiculous.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know I get upset with north a lot (sorry) and should be one of those supporters that can see through the fog and always remain positive but I can’t, because I genuinely don’t know when things are actually going to be better for this club that we all love.

As I’ve said before, North’s future is often speculated about when we’re down and that just adds to the stress.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Even by this forum's clueless standards, these posts take the cake.

"No enjoying yourself - act miserable out there or we're going to drop you, no matter how well you play".

That's exactly how to manage a team with low morale and confidence.

I don't like seeing players being so chummy after a match, but at the same time generally once the siren blows then their job of being humourless machines is doneskis for a short period of time before the post match review starts. And considering ongoing circumstances regarding form/hub etc then I'm glad players aren't all miserable retches. That said it still shits me to tears, especially with certain players. It's one of the reasons I always turn off the second the siren blows after a loss.

Well I'm boiling my eyes out for the 69th time. That was hard to watch and I've had more pleasant experiences slicing my testicles. :stern look

Anyway what to make of our current plight? That's the second game under Shaw that we have not scored a goal in 3 quarters. That's not a good sign. We have now lost 5 in a row. That's not a good sign. But we aren't as bad as we are currently performing. This same side beat Top sides like Richmond and Collingwood last season. Won it's first 2 games this season. So what gives?

Shaw is starting to cop some heat and that is fair enough. To his credit he did try to change things up against Richmond. He played Walker forward. He played McKay back. He continued to play LMac as a tagger. All positives. But strangely he played Pittard forward and Bonar back. At least he is prepared to move players around. Sadly the team's structure is falling apart. Opposition sides are right on us and applying brilliant pressure yet on the flipside we are struggling to apply that same pressure. This means we struggle to find time and space with the ball but struggle to deprive the opposition of it. Our Workrate in this area has been appalling. Yes we can win contested ball but so what when it isn't clean? When it is under pressure? When kicks are just hacked forward? When handpasses are made backwards to players also under pressure? We turn the ball over and off go the opposition. Without the same pressure applied to them that is being applied to us.

We have a number of players out of form. Not playing good football. Our deficiencies are being exposed. We lack pressure small forwards that can in turn kick goals. We lack good ball users off the half back line. We lack 2 way runners in the midfield. If we don't rectify these short comings with our list we will be heading nowhere in a hurry. Are Shaw, Rawlings etc the right people to lead us forward? As Rick Ayletts once said, Only Time will Tell. :stern look

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
I know I get upset with north a lot (sorry) and should be one of those supporters that can see through the fog and always remain positive but I can’t, because I genuinely don’t know when things are actually going to be better for this club that we all love.

As I’ve said before, North’s future is often speculated about when we’re down and that just adds to the stress.
I hear ya. I been following North for a long time and am grudgingly starting to accept the best is behind me.
Nothing can top the excitement of the 90s...we were blessed.
But we've now been largely irrelevant for 20 years and I honestly doubt I'll ever see us win another flag.
I hope I'm wrong... I'll just settle for competitive at moment, because we're not.

AbbaRoos

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2005
Sweden
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thank fu** we made coaching staff redundant in favour of conditioning staff!

This. A first year coach and we cut critical line coaches. Someone needs to recognise this as a major error and fix it. Who made the call on Zimbabwe and Cunners should start walking to Fiji.
I would bring in Paul Roos as a consultant/mentor. He has never rated us and he would tell the obvious home truths the club needs to hear.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back