Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved Ellis. Great story to buy a house for his dad. He gave his all for the club and clearly an upstanding citizen. Gut runner and so durable. Yes shakey in defence and outside rather than inside. We always knew we would lose players with success and Lynch and Ellis plays in a spot where we have lots of depth.
Those paying him out need to watch the Port Adelaide game. We were on a hiding to nothing and he was tough, brave and was great as a mid. We had no one else and he stood up.
I think Ellis will thrive on the added responsibility at the suns. He will play more midfield and will grow as a player.
This is a win win for everyone. Ellis, GCS and RFC.

You’ve posted before after certain games that you thought he wasn’t bad, the west coast game and I think the Port game.
I’ve come out and said at times some of his game sh.ts me, the short steps, dinky little dolly kicks that make players stand and wait to be ironed out but I’ve always said he’s consistant and reliable for the good and the bad.
Richmond has given me two flags in the last 39 years and it’s come under the same coach.
To bag the selection of one of the players after they’ve given you those flags, from the same Coaching group...

I think your saying silly things.
To think we cant improve and to think we were perfect simply because we ended up winning a flag is a tad bit siller imo.
But hey if you think we got everything right whats the point of having a debate.Lets all just sing their praises close the eyes and just vexpect more of the same.

This thread must almost be a record and its a record because Ellis polarises a lot of posters. So i assume anyone iyo who doesnt like Ellis as aplayer and questions what we paid him has to be silly.

You have thrown it out there what do you think his true worth in dollars was. do you think Ellis was worth 600k a yr to us. if not why shouldnt people question it.Oh but wait questioning anything the club does, after all we just won another flag is silly.Lets all just zip it up and not question anything after all they must get ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING RIGHT.

You’ve posted before after certain games that you thought he wasn’t bad, the west coast game and I think the Port game.
I’ve come out and said at times some of his game sh.ts me, the short steps, dinky little dolly kicks that make players stand and wait to be ironed out but I’ve always said he’s consistant and reliable for the good and the bad.
Richmond has given me two flags in the last 39 years and it’s come under the same coach.
To bag the selection of one of the players after they’ve given you those flags, from the same Coaching group...

I think your saying silly things.

They are not gods mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, who would've thought losing one of your more consistent players in his prime, in a position without anyone proven behind him would hurt the list? :think:

"Oh but we have Pickett and Stack and co". LOL.

How did you predict the rest of the season pans out for Pickett. Stack. Ross. Rioli. Bolton. Lambert. Edwards. Etc. ?

Assuming it goes ahead

How did you predict the rest of the season pans out for Pickett. Stack. Ross. Rioli. Bolton. Lambert. Edwards. Etc. ?

Assuming it goes ahead

I wish I knew. Pickett is just overrated in general IMO. Solid 18-22 player or good depth.

Stack is woefully out of form. I see him as a HF/small forward and he should go back to the VFL at that position. Better skills and more talented than Rioli. I would like to see them pair Stack and Bolton (our most talented small but needs to be more consistent) up forward.

Lambert starts the season slow and will be fine. Edwards probably similar although he's getting old so I can see his consistency compared to previous years dropping off.

I wish I knew. Pickett is just overrated in general IMO. Solid 18-22 player or good depth.

Stack is woefully out of form. I see him as a HF/small forward and he should go back to the VFL at that position. Better skills and more talented than Rioli. I would like to see them pair Stack and Bolton (our most talented small but needs to be more consistent) up forward.

Lambert starts the season slow and will be fine. Edwards probably similar although he's getting old so I can see his consistency compared to previous years dropping off.

Remember when everyone Said Dan would end up a winger or a midfielder :(

Then you have maccas. Naish. Turner. Actual winger types

Shame there is no vfl..

I'm pretty happen how the Brando thing turned out but hopefully he does great

Just watching him this year I reckon he really needed the change of environment, just looks like he’s thriving as a leader amongst a young group and seems very up and about.
Good luck to him.

Just watching him this year I reckon he really needed the change of environment, just looks like he’s thriving as a leader amongst a young group and seems very up and about.
Good luck to him.

I thought he'd be looked to as a real leader & dual Premiership player would give him more confidence. I suspect the coach would also have encouraged him to take a strong leadership roll too. But I'm just guessing really....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back