News 2020 Trade and Coaching Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

... [Fagan is] a snake oil salesman and our board is exactly the type to have been sucked in with his mega million$ pitch.
Ditto Hass, I reckon. Written submissions, Networking, talking-the-talk, and ability to present often carry more weight in organisations where procedure and mateship are valued more highly than performance.
I don't doubt that Roo/Hart/Jameson/Smart (all mates from Premierships) love the Club, but with Chapman, Fagan and Hass, they've got to go.

1) Is it fitness, or motivation, or intent/effort? They're interrelated. Fitness can be exploited or hobbled by the latter two, causing players to perform below their ability, even if they are really fit. (Fitness + desire) is a powerful combo. Fitness alone is not enough. Was the "hamstring awareness" fiasco caused by a lack of fitness, or from players being overworked?
2) It certainly appears so, but to me throughout 2018/19 that reflected their state-of-mind. There was something rotten in the playing group post-bye last year and that seemed to be fitness-related because of the way/s they failed to finish games off. They certainly played like a disunited group who had lost interest as well.
3) I am incredulous that Hass is still there --- sometimes somebody's qualifications and ability to Network within an organisation far exceed their value and results. My guess is Hass is expert at deflecting/avoidance and shifting blame/responsibility and at saying all the right things to people who can sack him (I witnessed this for years within the Teaching system where many Empire-builders who were promoted were often inept in the classroom, but they played the bureaucratic game very well). All the more reasons for Hass and the people who keep him on to go.
hey shorty
4) That may be, but do you have any data/links please? I do not think that fitness was a problem in 2015/16/17, especially 2017 when our run-and-overlap and defensive running was as good as any of the Top 4 sides, maybe better.
There probably is an element of desire, but I've noticed vision this year and last year some of the players at the break and they are red faced and stuffed. Now it could be that they are trying to make up for others lack of effort, or they are running hard but to the wrong spots but they shouldn't be sucking in the big ones on shortened 1/4's. That why I'd love to see the GPS figures.

There probably is an element of desire, but I've noticed vision this year and last year some of the players at the break and they are red faced and stuffed. Now it could be that they are trying to make up for others lack of effort, or they are running hard but to the wrong spots but they shouldn't be sucking in the big ones on shortened 1/4's. That why I'd love to see the GPS figures.

Mackays numbers would be huge but so would mine on a treadmill too.

I've seen it suggested a few times, so I want to go on record right now;

If Neil Craig sets foot in the AFC in any official capacity again, I will never support the club again.

We may have sacked him, but we entrenched every single one of his philosophies. The 'backing in the experienced player' part is full Neil Craig. His stain is the one we are yet to remove. Bringing him back would be the end of the club.

Charlie Walsh is loading the van up with the stationary bikes as we speak....

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

If Neil Craig sets foot in the AFC in any official capacity again, I will never support the club again.

We may have sacked him, but we entrenched every single one of his philosophies. The 'backing in the experienced player' part is full Neil Craig. His stain is the one we are yet to remove. Bringing him back would be the end of the club.
We already tried to bring Trigg back.

There's a shrine at West Lakes that all staff bow down to each morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick trading query/ clarification. Can a club with one open list spot downgrade their pick for multiple lower picks (with higher total points value) to match an nga bid, or do they need the list spots?

Also, I assume that existing lower picks become "live" when picks above them are used up for points but list spots remain?

Quick trading query/ clarification. Can a club with one open list spot downgrade their pick for multiple lower picks (with higher total points value) to match an nga bid, or do they need the list spots?

Also, I assume that existing lower picks become "live" when picks above them are used up for points but list spots remain?
You need to have list spots available for the picks you have - you can’t have 10 picks in the draft for only 6 list spots available

Some rumours that Crows are chasing Peter Ladhams
I think there might be a few others looking at him too. He looked quite good last year when he had a chance but is stuck behind Lycett, it seems as though his only chance to get a game now is for Lycett to get injured.

I could see clubs like GWS, Carlton and Geelong being very interested in him.

So the Bulldogs couldn't swap their first for our two seconds, if they only had the one list spot?
There have to be a minimum 3 spots per year normally, so that example doesn't specifically work.

If, for example, they had say pick up 14, then only 2 junk picks at 70 and 90 (3 live), they could swap 14 for 20 and 32 (or whatever it is).

They would then have 20, 32, 70.

There have to be a minimum 3 spots per year normally, so that example doesn't specifically work.

If, for example, they had say pick up 14, then only 2 junk picks at 70 and 90 (3 live), they could swap 14 for 20 and 32 (or whatever it is).

They would then have 20, 32, 70.
In a normal year there are 3 spots. Could absolutely see the AFL only making it 2 spots (outside chance maybe even one) if they reduce list spots as expected.

Could make our 2 second rounders pretty valuable.

Hahaha

How was the reaction when gray hand balled in the square to the other dude who missed in the last minute ? Luckily for him that will be forgotten because of the result

Yeah Gray has been way off this year, him and Westy looking slow. Years gone by no way he passes it to Marshall.

Not kicking has been an issue under Hinkley for years, mind you fatigue must be setting in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back