Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 7 - Dockers v Eagles Sun July 19th 6:35PM AEST (Optus) Match Highlights in OP

OÌWho will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Dockers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Dockers by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Dockers by a lot

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You make a good point. Your team has managed to prove us wrong thus far, and kudos to them for that. All I wonder though, is whether it was worth trading a collection of blue chip stocks for one Tim Kelly, in an all or nothing attempt at glory. It could backfire. We to will have to wait and see.
He's still young and draft picks are no guarantee of future success. One only needs to look at Carlton's recent history, and they've tried both the draft and trades.

I'm less concerned about the draft this year due to COVID anyway as who knows what kind of impact that will have.

He's still young and draft picks are no guarantee of future success. One only needs to look at Carlton's recent history, and they've tried both the draft and trades.

I'm less concerned about the draft this year due to COVID anyway as who knows what kind of impact that will have.
Fair enough. As I said, only time will tell, and you're correct, the debate regarding trading, as opposed to successive draft investment, will continue to rage on.

The troubling thing for Freo is, while they hide behind injuries as an excuse for their loss, only Fyfe and Hogan from their midfield and forward line were missing and they still got smashed in these areas. Theyre going nowhere fast

The troubling thing for Freo is, while they hide behind injuries as an excuse for their loss, only Fyfe and Hogan from their midfield and forward line were missing and they still got smashed in these areas. Theyre going nowhere fast
Yeah, ONLY Fyfe...the reigning two time Brownlow medallist...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full rebuilds announced to the world are just an inbuilt excuse
Absolute fools gold

We were missing Shuey. Your midfield is the worst in the comp and with Fyfe, Walters getting on the future looks bleak. You’ve got nothing coming through to replace them
I'm sorry, but this argument is just a laugh. Shuey is not even remotely close to Fyfe. He's a good player, yes, but not in the same league.

I'm sorry, but this argument is just a laugh. Shuey is not even remotely close to Fyfe. He's a good player, yes, but not in the same league.
And your midfield is still the worst in the league with Fyfe in it. Alarm bells

5 Goal win to Eagles.

Almost as good as a win for Freo.

10 derbies in a row, and no sign of the streak breaking anytime soon.

You were obviously watching a different game.

Well played by the Eagles, but seriously was it that convincing ?.

Freo are improving (playing better than most thought at start of season) + injuries. Eagles had their best 21 players on the ground.

As I said early in the thread, a 30 point win to the Eagles would be considered par.

At the game, I was talking to some Eagles supporters after the game and we had a good natured discussion. We all agreed that the Freo team had holes, and the Eagles team should have on paper creamed the Dockers. In reality it was a stalemate, what did the game prove that we didn’t know at the start ?.

Par.

Back