Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

I'm guessing the Indigenous jumpers for this year will be pushed back to next season? Haven't heard much about what's going on with that.
I'd say they get used in NAIDOC week like the Crows and a couple of other clubs did last year.

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
The proposed Fitzroy Bulldogs merger guernsey. I'm sure some of you have seen this before but I don't think I had. It looks good but the design is definitely Fitzroy dominated.

fitzroy bulldogs.jpeg

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
The proposed Fitzroy Bulldogs merger guernsey. I'm sure some of you have seen this before but I don't think I had. It looks good but the design is definitely Fitzroy dominated.

View attachment 886627

I wonder if the proposed merger would have been more easily accepted by the Footscray supporter base if it had been the "Footscray Lions", playing out of the Western Oval and one of the horizontal stripes on the jumper had been white.

Apparently back in the 70s Kevin Sheedy saw Port Adelaide's lace-up Prison Bars and wanted Richmond to have their own version.

Can someone do a mock-up of a yellow Prison Bars in lace-up form? (With yellow collar and cuffs)

I can recall seeing a pic of Neville Roberts wearing a Richmond version of the PB's for a publicity shot in one of the Melbourne papers in 1974 or 75, and it actually looked quite good.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2004
Sweden
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Helsingborg Australian FC

View attachment 886627
I wonder how it would have looked if the yellow stripes were white instead?
Also why did they not call them Fitzroy-Footscray as Woodvile-West Torrens did?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
St Kilda didn't wear the purple crusader for Maddie's Match on the weekend

74dba7276a9fee35f9a9cbbed0091e833f0eeed0

SK20JSY06M-FRONT__81983.1583196291.jpg
Apparently the jumpers didn't arrive in time.
As I understand it, ISC still gets their jumpers made in Fiji.
They probably couldn't get them on a plane coming into the country.
As for the Indigenous jumper, North have released theirs, and are for sale.

jroam82

Team Captain
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently the jumpers didn't arrive in time.
As I understand it, ISC still gets their jumpers made in Fiji.
They probably couldn't get them on a plane coming into the country.
As for the Indigenous jumper, North have released theirs, and are for sale.

Adelaide's ISC player jumpers were made in China last season. Haven't seen one in the flesh this season so can't confirm that.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has anyone ever seen a toilet-bowl collar BLK Richmond clash guernsey?
Seen the home variant for sale before, not the clash though.
I don't think the Richmond toilet bowls were sold anywhere, unlike the other clubs who had BLK where some stock made it to stores, so they're pretty rare.

Attachments

• 1595177478333.png
    1595177478333.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 243
View attachment 915666
Are we ever going to see this kit considering the state ISC is in?
Port tend to have a basic v neck collar when they make one offs for pre season photoshoots like this or to show off new sponsors, so there is a slight chance that they get that third party that does those to produce it, but would seem unlikely.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
I reckon they will still wear them just later in the year when they can get close to a full crowd at the Adelaide Oval
If they even received them in the first place, a la Maddie's jumper for the Saints

Back