Project Rebuild - NMFC 2023 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is no future, if we stay in melbourne, afl doesnt want us there, the rest of vic doesn't want us there. Move interstate, tasmania, northern territory. we simply needs our own living space.

* me Rad, I went into bat for you man! That's a ****ed thing to say. I cannot speak for others , I'd rather die in Melb than be a born again interstate.

The day you start worrying about who wants you, is the day you've given the * up.

Come on you're better than that s**t, we're built of tougher stuff us shinboners.

fu** me Rad, I went into bat for you man! That's a f’ed thing to say. I cannot speak for others , I'd rather die in Melb than be a born again interstate.

The day you start worrying about who wants you, is the day you've given the fu** up.

Come on you're better than that sh*t, we're built of tougher stuff us shinboners.
This sort of s**t is why people don't like him.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fu** me Rad, I went into bat for you man! That's a f’ed thing to say. I cannot speak for others , I'd rather die in Melb than be a born again interstate.

The day you start worrying about who wants you, is the day you've given the fu** up.

Come on you're better than that sh*t, we're built of tougher stuff us shinboners.

Okay, okay, let's look at reality, you can be the toughest sob, how effective have we been. What does our tough look like? Middle of the road mediocrity that has made us run in circles for 20 years and achieved nothing. So let's just die, I will help it along then support the relocation faction. North atm is irrelevant. If north disappeared tomorrow, ago would not care but if Tasmanian roos died or northern roos died then it's a big issue as ago wants to hold onto the newly gained territory.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is no future, if we stay in melbourne, afl doesnt want us there, the rest of vic doesn't want us there. Move interstate, tasmania, northern territory. we simply needs our own living space.
Mate, you should talk to some former Fitzroy and South Melbourne fans about what happened when their clubs were packed up and sent interstate. A lot of them just stopped following footy altogether. I suppose if you don't actually go to games you might not care but this cuts close to the bone for many around here.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate, you should talk to some former Fitzroy and South Melbourne fans about what happened when their clubs were packed up and sent interstate. A lot of them just stopped following footy altogether. I suppose if you don't actually go to games you might not care but this cuts close to the bone for many around here.

That's there problem, they are not real supporters. Did the Jews stop being Jews when they got booted from their homeland? Did I stop support China once I left? It's rather fixed mindset to restrict oneself to a particular location. In order to achieve victory, one must retreat when it requires. It happened for the Jews, think of the long march in China, think of Soviet retreat against Nazi attack until counterattack. We must retreat and move to somewhere with low intraclub competition. if we has moved to qld, it would be footy vs rugby, we got the afl behind our back. Right now, we are the unwanted child. Why stuck out like a sore thumb, only get smacked that much harder.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Okay, okay, let's look at reality, you can be the toughest sob, how effective have we been. What does our tough look like? Middle of the road mediocrity that has made us run in circles for 20 years and achieved nothing. So let's just die, I will help it along then support the relocation faction. North atm is irrelevant. If north disappeared tomorrow, ago would not care but if Tasmanian roos died or northern roos died then it's a big issue as ago wants to hold onto the newly gained territory.

We've been very effective, those than know rate us. We have made some poor decisions along the way. But the day NMFC bows to the corporate pigs is the day I'll turn up my toes.

We're shinboners, we're tough, we're brave and we do not wilt. We spit in adversity face man. You don't wander into NMFC, ya ******* born into it.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's there problem, they are not real supporters. Did the Jews stop being Jews when they got booted from their homeland? Did I stop support China once I left? It's rather fixed mindset to restrict oneself to a particular location. In order to achieve victory, one must retreat when it requires. It happened for the Jews, think of the long march in China, think of Soviet retreat against Nazi attack until counterattack. We must retreat and move to somewhere with low intraclub competition. if we has moved to qld, it would be footy vs rugby, we got the afl behind our back. Right now, we are the unwanted child. Why stuck out like a sore thumb, only get smacked that much harder.
Those analogies are ridiculous. Not only do they not back up your point but they are offensive to some so maybe just drop them and stick to talking about football. Football is a sport where most of the membership want to go to games and see their players in the flesh. Many of those Fitzroy and South supporters were fanatics and were gutted when their teams got shafted. Please actually consider what other people write around here rather than just regurgitating your point.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seriously. Stop comparing AFL footy to Jewish history.

Anyway I don't believe this next so called rebuild is any different to the last one, ie it's still happening.

I also don't buy this we are s**t s**t. We just need better depth. Or an inquiry into the ongoing injury situation. Or both.

However... Lists should be in permanent rebuild really. They should be constantly upgraded where possible.

I think we need to maintain a balance of older, mid age and younger players all the time. The idea of building a group around Jy is silly. There is already a group around him.

What we need is the commitment across our list that the successful clubs with heaps of spuds have. To do that Shaw needs to be tougher but that is hard to do with nearly 22 players injured. But ... Look at LMac. See the turn around in his game? Players that aren't prepared or capable of driving improvement are the ones we need to turn over.

Very few of the posters here were prepared to consider this possibility 12 months ago.

The importance of keeping a balanced list age wise is best illustrated by Josh Walker right now. He had a good game on the weekend, but for someone built like Duck he is no DuCl. No one else in the history of footy has been either I guess. What he is, is built like Duck, and at the leak of his physical growth.

You need people like that around Jy. Josh is actually a good depth KPD. Limited but could play well in a GF.

SO BY 2023 if Taz is done (but he may go longer) you'd still want Walker around. Maj could also still be around. He and Taz haven't played a lot for their respective ages. So if they stay fit they may play till 35. Josh is still good depth. A lot depends on Mackay. I doubt Durdin will make it based only on we haven't seen him yet.

Then Brown, Larkey , Comben ... That's a fairly good progression for KPFs, provided Comben comes on. You can see Comben becoming a regular player as Brown nears the end of his career. We may be able to get away with Taz/Maj, Mackay and a new KPD as a similar structural progression over the next few drafts if we get the right player.

I think the idea that players can't improve once they hit their mid 20s is wrong. It's more a matter of will. Even our poor skills can be addressed if we commit to it without getting in new players. If players and coaches committed to focusing on kicking for an entire off/pre/h&a season then we'd see results from very early in the h&a.

Tho most of our younger brigade from Jy down are very good to excellent kicks. Even Zurhaar, who is pretty one sided, is really good with that one side. No reason we can't improve them anyway. This has to go hand in hand with any rebuild ... Building a culture where players really, actively drive their own and their team mates' self improvement. Where they demand it from each other whatever coaches say.

The one thing you can't really improve is speed so this rebuild needs to target it. We need more fast midfielders.

F**k,
1. Relocation means the death of one Club to create a 2nd Club using the jumper and mascot. How much of Sth. Melb. and Fitzroy now exists.
2. This new club will be an AFL franchise.
3. The club would lose at least half of its Victorian membership.

I've supported North for around 65 years. If they "relocate out of State" I'm no longer a member (clocked up 34 continuous membership years).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We shouldn't focus too much on what the media says, they ride the wave and then dig in wherever they can.
Today i heard that Petracca is now the best player in the AFL. Tomorrow i will hear How NN is the best Ruckman,

Something isnt right since even players like Polec are playing like s**t.
We have plenty of dead wood, however the game plan is stuffed.
Players like Goldy, Higgins, Tarrant, Cunners(injured) don't need a game plan, they know what they have to do, but much of the rest need to be part of a system, one that is currently for some reason broken.

I saw Goldy tapping to advantage and some of our players didn't know what do to, players blindly kicking since they are unsure of whether to link up or not.
It's a complete shitshow at the moment. It doesn't help that certain players have very low Footy IQ.

Kick down the line 50 times a game is not a game plan.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
F**k,
1. Relocation means the death of one Club to create a 2nd Club using the jumper and mascot. How much of Sth. Melb. and Fitzroy now exists.
2. This new club will be an AFL franchise.
3. The club would lose at least half of its Victorian membership.

I've supported North for around 65 years. If they "relocate out of State" I'm no longer a member (clocked up 34 continuous membership years).

1. Hmmmm, i don't hear the fitzroy supporters complaining when they wont the 3 flags.
2. Jews aren't complaining to be living under the protective umbrella of USA.
3. Half of not many = not many so hardly an issue.

It's not the supproters that win you the flag, it's $$$$ and players you have. There is no difference between getting money from afl or supprot. Better yet, being an afl club means the big brother actually wants us to survive and thriving so they consolidate newly conquered region. There is always price to pay for progress. Standing still = doing nothing and when you do nothing, you become nothing.

As to you having supported north for 65, nobody esp afl gives a hoot about how many years, afl doesn't need you or care about your support. It cares about expanding its territory and needs somebody to be the spearhead into a new region. We've have established some prescence in Tas but according to some here, tas wants its own team, sure, starting from scratch is so easy. NT has no team, afl will one day want someone to go there.

It's better to take the initial and appraoch afl than be pushed by afl because in the latter's case, we don't get to have any demands at least right now, we get to negotiate a lot more favourable deals. For instance, 2 years of top 10 draft, we get all the indeginous talents through the academy. Need equal amount of funding to GC in their first 10 years factoring CPI of course, expanded salary cap, gauranteed sponsor deal.

If the club still fold from this injection of money then it's bloody good riddance and i have wasted 25 years supporting a loser of a club that can't keep players fit, can develop players, cannot train players and cannot even stay aflot.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You could’ve stopped there mate. Getting very sick and tired of reading Rad’s crap I am.

Better get use to it, as the losses keep on piling up, more and more will be adding to this voice. Atm it's just me, you better pray this voice only sticks to BF and not actually in the real world. The End Time is near for north melbourne and only thorugh the ashes can we rise again. There is no future in victoria, full stop.

Better get use to it, as the losses keep on piling up, more and more will be adding to this voice. Atm it's just me, you better pray this voice only sticks to BF and not actually in the real world. The End Time is near for north melbourne and only thorugh the ashes can we rise again. There is no future in victoria, full stop.
You could’ve stopped there mate. Getting very sick and tired of reading Rad’s crap I am.
Do it, just flush him.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've long held a suspicion Cunners would exit football early. Make his money, leave while he's still young and physically healthy enough to work with his cattle a bit, in between raising his kids and fishing, for a good few years. Food for thought.

Anyway. Half back is our biggest worry short to medium term IMO. Should have a suitcase of cash and a Spirit of Tasmania franchise lined up for Zac Williams ASAP.

Long term, midfield is a worry. It's a worry right now to be honest. Zurharr and Thomas may well end up being regulars there, most likely part time, which i think will help. Mids come along and develop pretty quickly these days though, so unless we can get an early-mid 20's A(+) grader i'd back in draft picks to develop the core of it.

Scared as s**t to lose Taz. More scared of losing him than Goldy to be honest. We've under utilized Goldy's dominance, which will somewhat ease the pain of losing him, while over relying on Taz. Put Taz's personality in Mckay's body and we're plum sweet, other than that I have no idea how we cover that particular hole in our list without a lot of luck.

1. Hmmmm, i don't hear the fitzroy supporters complaining when they wont the 3 flags.
2. Jews aren't complaining to be living under the protective umbrella of USA.
3. Half of not many = not many so hardly an issue.

It's not the supproters that win you the flag, it's $$$$ and players you have. There is no difference between getting money from afl or supprot. Better yet, being an afl club means the big brother actually wants us to survive and thriving so they consolidate newly conquered region. There is always price to pay for progress. Standing still = doing nothing and when you do nothing, you become nothing.

As to you having supported north for 65, nobody esp afl gives a hoot about how many years, afl doesn't need you or care about your support. It cares about expanding its territory and needs somebody to be the spearhead into a new region. We've have established some prescence in Tas but according to some here, tas wants its own team, sure, starting from scratch is so easy. NT has no team, afl will one day want someone to go there.

It's better to take the initial and appraoch afl than be pushed by afl because in the latter's case, we don't get to have any demands at least right now, we get to negotiate a lot more favourable deals. For instance, 2 years of top 10 draft, we get all the indeginous talents through the academy. Need equal amount of funding to GC in their first 10 years factoring CPI of course, expanded salary cap, gauranteed sponsor deal.

You're literally barracking for North to relocate from an emotionless, and culturally vacant, corporate perspective and not a fan one.

You do realise this right?

You seem so bitter from a lack of success that you see the only way to the winners list to be to essentially destroy the club and start over. And you're fine with that. Hell, you're barracking for it.

If the club still fold from this injection of money then it's bloody good riddance and i have wasted 25 years supporting a loser of a club that can't keep players fit, can develop players, cannot train players and cannot even stay aflot.

Burn your membership and pick another team mate, may I suggest the Gold Coast Suns? You care more about winning and getting some twisted return on your investment than you do the club itself.

To many yo-yo’s On here.
When we win we are going to be premiers, when we lose we are been relocated.
Stop all the negativity it’s becoming a boring read, we are not that good at the moment but it will turn, remember after round 2 ? we were premiers.
Cattle on the park and some players form improves, guess what we will be ok again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back