Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Said it before but it's all between the ears for Ben. Physically he has all the tools, just needs to believe he belongs at the level. Saturday was a good start, and if he keeps playing hopefully his confidence improves, and he starts using those bucket hands to clunk marks instead of punching away.
That will be the making or breaking of him.....keep punching it away and unfortunately we are in trouble.....once his confidence grows and he's clunking them he could be great.

Said it before but it's all between the ears for Ben. Physically he has all the tools, just needs to believe he belongs at the level. Saturday was a good start, and if he keeps playing hopefully his confidence improves, and he starts using those bucket hands to clunk marks instead of punching away.

That belief that they really belong at the level is critical.

I don't mind him spoiling if a teammate is there to take advantage of it , our kids will look like stars once we get a structure happening again

Interesting stat for the round... Looking at the players on the list, they may as well call it "spoils":

One Percenters
15​
12​
10​
10​
10​
That explains the abnormally high supercoach score he amassed off of 5 possessions and 1 mark...

I think its the highest 5 possession game I've ever seen tbh - 86 points. Normally you would only get that kicking the winning goal...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% You can see he is nervous out there and god knows its hard to perform when you're doubting whether you belong. Fingers crossed they back him in and the confidence comes with games played.

You wish they were all like Curtis Taylor who seemed to know he belonged at AFL in his second or third game or Matt Rowell who has known it for a couple of years by the look of him.

Played well and exceeded my expectations. Did his job and played within his limitations.
Looked a bit slow at first but built as the game went along.
If I recall Taz looked slow when he first played in defence - think it’s a confidence thing.
As mentioned by others he must play out the year.

Heath getting around him now that he's actually apart of our plans moving forward?

Just boggles my mind to think we are apparently so desperate for young KPD's, and we had one rotting away in the two's who only got a chance by luck of injury.
And his own form probably. Perhaps he was showing enough at the right time?

Heath getting around him now that he's actually apart of our plans moving forward?

Just boggles my mind to think we are apparently so desperate for young KPD's, and we had one rotting away in the two's who only got a chance by luck of injury.

He had to be separated from his conjoined twin Durds first.

That explains the abnormally high supercoach score he amassed off of 5 possessions and 1 mark...

I think its the highest 5 possession game I've ever seen tbh - 86 points. Normally you would only get that kicking the winning goal...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You'll summon Snake with a post like that.

I'm heading down to the Gold Coast to get a first hand look at what the hell is going on at Arden St. Luckily I live up here so I'm still out and about, keeping it real. Bumped into a guy called Gav last week - not a bad bloke. He actually know's Depak's brother who was apparently at the MCG the same day Monica Seles got stabbed at Wimbeldon by a crazy Steffi Graph fan. He reckons it seemed so real.

Once I put my feelings out there, and get some privileged information, you guys will be the first to know. First stop - Rhys Shaw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back