Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

What unique qualities does he have that's going to make him dominate (any) position on the ground?

Nothing against the lad but I only see him as another run-of-the-mill footballer that the system churns in and churns out every year. Hence the urgency for GWS to offload him to us.

To be honest I don't have much of a clue as I haven't seen much of him but junior days suggest power and explosiveness and contested ball winning ability. So far he has had 1 of his 8 quarters in the midfield where he was originally intended to play when drafted. I would say we need a little more exposure before ruling him out.

Again, to what level does bonar get to is largely determined by the quality, vision and strategy of the club. At hawthorn, this guy would be a superstar, at bulldogs, an explosvie inside mid. At north, a 'run of the mill' player because we are seeing him for what he is not good at. Put him in position where his strength is at the forefront or forced to be at the forefront. For instance, a person is a crackshot with the rifle but does not like to use the rifle to shoot anything including wolves. You put his pet rabbit out in the open and let the wolves chase it down, either the dude shoots the wolf dead or his rabbit is dinner simple. Bonar needs to be thrown in the deep, he either strengthens his resovle and put his body on the line or he can be scarred, gets broken and tossed aside. We need to be more ruthless to gut all of the non performing players, starting with the seniors that we rely on but can't deliver.

Again, to what level does bonar get to is largely determined by the quality, vision and strategy of the club.

At hawthorn, this guy would be a superstar, at bulldogs, an explosvie inside mid. At north, a 'run of the mill' player.

FFS.

You must be deliberately trolling us.

I never use "ignore" but I'm at that point.

Massive unit, elite speed, elite vertical jump, long kick? Doesn't mean he'll make it but he has plenty of points of difference.
I hope you’re right, but he seems more Mitch Hibberd than Paddy Cripps to me thats all.

I don't know much about him, but he seems like a competitive-type player with a big leap and decent closing speed. Could he actually be developed as a KPD? 1cm shorter than Dane Rampe and Josh Gibson, 1cm bigger than Easton Wood. Wouldn't put him on a 200cm monster, but he'd hopefully be able to take the 3rd tall and give us some decent counter attack as well.

I don't know much about him, but he seems like a competitive-type player with a big leap and decent closing speed. Could he actually be developed as a KPD? 1cm shorter than Dane Rampe and Josh Gibson, 1cm bigger than Easton Wood. Wouldn't put him on a 200cm monster, but he'd hopefully be able to take the 3rd tall and give us some decent counter attack as well.
If we could turn him into Josh Gibson - Hawks version.. well then..

To be honest I don't have much of a clue as I haven't seen much of him but junior days suggest power and explosiveness and contested ball winning ability. So far he has had 1 of his 8 quarters in the midfield where he was originally intended to play when drafted. I would say we need a little more exposure before ruling him out.
Yet you call me a peanut for stating that I don’t think he is AFL standard? And now you admit that you don’t have much of a clue? Peanut.

Again, to what level does bonar get to is largely determined by the quality, vision and strategy of the club. At hawthorn, this guy would be a superstar, at bulldogs, an explosvie inside mid. At north, a 'run of the mill' player because we are seeing him for what he is not good at. Put him in position where his strength is at the forefront or forced to be at the forefront. For instance, a person is a crackshot with the rifle but does not like to use the rifle to shoot anything including wolves. You put his pet rabbit out in the open and let the wolves chase it down, either the dude shoots the wolf dead or his rabbit is dinner simple. Bonar needs to be thrown in the deep, he either strengthens his resovle and put his body on the line or he can be scarred, gets broken and tossed aside. We need to be more ruthless to gut all of the non performing players, starting with the seniors that we rely on but can't deliver.
Dude you are strange.

FFS.

You must be deliberately trolling us.

I never use "ignore" but I'm at that point.

Ahh yes, in the denial mode, can't face the reality that the club we support is an absoute piece of s**t, all the players rejecting our offer, even Karl Lang never mind those that went to st kilda. A true catastrophic failure. at least i am okay with the club being bulldogs and started over again. The club is beyond hope of saving, it needs to be reborn

Ahh yes, in the denial mode, can't face the reality that the club we support is an absoute piece of sh*t, all the players rejecting our offer, even Karl Lang never mind those that went to st kilda. A true catastrophic failure. at least i am okay with the club being bulldogs and started over again. The club is beyond hope of saving, it needs to be reborn
Pity you weren’t reborn.

Pity you weren’t reborn.

Dont need to, i am flourishing atm and enjoying the imminent demise of Kangaroos in vic to accelerate its true rebirth and event success, not gonna give NMFC a cent until it can show to be able to function normally. Too bad history awaits no one. If you stand on the side watching, you will be left behind. If you stand in its way, you will not be watching at all. The relics on this site i feel unfortunately belongs to the latter, while the intention is good and even noble i suppose, the end result would still be terrible. Greater the pride, harder the fall, pride is a sin, the cardinal sin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely enough is enough.

I don't consider you as "we" and North at all.

Lol, where in my language did i want to be associated with you and your type. You will soon be part of the relic that is North Melbourne and i will be part of the new Northern Kangaroo (if in NT) or Tassieroos flushed with AFL money, AFL fed corporate backbone, backed by the state government. If GWS and GC is anything to go by, Tassie/Northern Rooboys will be given a dramatic facelift and all you deniers will be salty as you have been left behind.

Lol, where in my language did i want to be associated with you and your type. You will soon be part of the relic that is North Melbourne and i will be part of the new Northern Kangaroo (if in NT) or Tassieroos flushed with AFL money, AFL fed corporate backbone, backed by the state government. If GWS and GC is anything to go by, Tassie/Northern Rooboys will be given a dramatic facelift and all you deniers will be salty as you have been left behind.

If Bonar doesn't work out we should shelve getting unwanted GWS players for good.

Either target their quality or not at all.
GWS rejects to follow on from Queensland duds.
It’s the 2000s equivalent of trading with Hawthorn.

Well said the guys played 3 games in a foreign position with us, calm the damn farm on these kids.
Never fails to amuse me that Higgins, Atley, Tarrant ECT. Can kick the ball out on the full or turn it over and bugger all said, but these young guys played out of position make mistakes and the bloody pitchforks out.
🤦🤦🤦

Atley makes a mistake and buggar all is said?

No Cunners, Jy, TT, Jed, even Jack.

Welcome to the centre square Aiden. I'd like to introduce you to Todd, Shaun & Luke.
Could be worse starting in there with an elite Ruchman Elite midfielder and well i guess you can say one of the best defensive midfielders going around based on the last 3-4 games.

So the bloke with the rifle shot his own rabbit, ate it for dinner and the wolf died of starvation?

Pretty rare to only ever have one rabbit in a paddock, but not totally unbelievable

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back