Autopsy vs Richmond - Rd 7, 2020

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On Saturday we comfortably beat Richmond for clearances and contested possessions but were thrashed. This would seem to be an anomaly but I think it highlights our biggest problem: we have too many players chasing contested possessions and not enough making position to receive possession. We win possession in a pack situation and we don't have somebody on the move 5 metres from the pack to receive a handball and set up play so we handball to somebody standing still in the same pack; we don't have players breaking to the opposite flank to switch play so we kick down the line. Our disposal efficiency is relatively low, but this is because we are continually disposing under pressure and trying to pinpoint passes to players surrounded by opposition players.
I had this exact thought while watching the game. Richmond seemed to always have an option to handball to in the open, often 5 metres ahead of the contest which led to fast ball movement and less pressured forward 50 deliveries.

Ischenko

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey, how about you get f’ed, and while you're at it fu** off to your own board you pointless waste of oxygen. I don't really give a fu** what you think you saw no one asked you to come in here so just fu** off.

Dusty is a whining b*tch.

Considering what his old man came from to have a whiny little campaigner like that crying for frees when he should be able to win the ball on his own is piss weak. Someone needs to drill some of his knee caps.

A bit like you shitty little oppo campaigners. Anyone from our board point out something like that on your board and we'd get banned you little fu**. Good thing this is the Internet and not real life cos if it was you might not wake up in hospital. I'd just feed you to my mates pigs.

Never speak to me again on this board, take a hint from your own user name and fu** the fu** off before I decide to find out where you live.

Gold ferbs.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey, how about you get f’ed, and while you're at it fu** off to your own board you pointless waste of oxygen. I don't really give a fu** what you think you saw no one asked you to come in here so just fu** off.

Dusty is a whining b*tch.

Considering what his old man came from to have a whiny little campaigner like that crying for frees when he should be able to win the ball on his own is piss weak. Someone needs to drill some of his knee caps.

A bit like you shitty little oppo campaigners. Anyone from our board point out something like that on your board and we'd get banned you little fu**. Good thing this is the Internet and not real life cos if it was you might not wake up in hospital. I'd just feed you to my mates pigs.

Never speak to me again on this board, take a hint from your own user name and fu** the fu** off before I decide to find out where you live.
Say what you really mean👍😆

One of the coaches gave Pickett best on ground! Either Picket was doing a job that Shaw had no idea about, or Shaw is taking the piss giving him 5.

Richmond v North Melbourne
8 Derek Eggmolesse-Smith (RICH)
6 Dylan Grimes (RICH)
6 Shai Bolton (RICH)
5 Marlion Pickett (RICH)
3 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
1 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
1 Jayden Short (RICH)

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
One of the coaches gave Pickett best on ground! Either Picket was doing a job that Shaw had no idea about, or Shaw is taking the piss giving him 5.

6 Dylan Grimes (RICH)
6 Shai Bolton (RICH)
5 Marlion Pickett (RICH)
3 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
1 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
1 Jayden Short (RICH)

The biggest crime out of that is Eggmolesse-Smith was BOG.

Just so us.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Dunno about that, he looks really good. So assured with the ball and excellent disposal.

Mate, playing 2020 North Melbourne is like perma beer goggles when you watch opposition players.

When the NMFC filter is removed you'll see Eggles is actually a 5'6" 120kg former LAN gamer named Steve.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The biggest crime out of that is Eggmolesse-Smith was BOG.

Just so us.
He's a good player - I posted before the game on the trade thread if he's gettable, we should look at it - we beat Richmond in the VFL last year, but Eggmolesse-Smith was best on ground in a losing side, ran the game from HB. Has all the qualities our HBs don't

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

6 Dylan Grimes (RICH)
6 Shai Bolton (RICH)
5 Marlion Pickett (RICH)
3 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
1 Shaun Higgins (NMFC)
1 Jayden Short (RICH)

D.E.S. was popular in the Kerridge. Some good judges there.

He's a good player - I posted before the game on the trade thread if he's gettable, we should look at it - we beat Richmond in the VFL last year, but Eggmolesse-Smith was best on ground in a losing side, ran the game from HB. Has all the qualities our HBs don't

(shhh, otherwise I will be at the bottom of the kerridge ladder)

Not really. The idea is to pick a bog-average player who plays out of his skin against us, not pick a talented young player early in their career.

(In Southern accent and grabbing imaginary braces) Now, for all the mighty fine people out there in the bigfooty universe sur, I propose some of us were ignorant in that there regard and we took it in good faith that exibit A was not a quality player, I’m sure the prosecution has made the mistake before and we would wish the man not to be judged on a singular mistake, (and by default his score for the round erased)
1595414286567.jpeg

We tried plan B on Saturday night. We were flicking the ball around by hand then trying attacking kicks through their press. Very different to previous weeks. It reeked of a team receiving mixed/confusing messages from the coaching staff. Our players were also nowhere near skilled enough to pull it off. What has become really apparent is how much Cunners papers over the cracks in our list/gameplan. He's just so damn good at winning the ball, drawing a tackler and then releasing the ball by hand to a team mate in space.
Was confused about criticism directed at Pittard in recent weeks, but I saw why on the weekend. He was just non-competitive on multiple occasions. From a senior bloke (and one who had a ripper year last year,) it's simply not good enough.
Hall cops a lot of flack for poor disposal (and rightfully so,) but at least he's having a crack.

I actually think we went into the Tigers game with the same plan that dismantled Port Adelaide in R22 , just after the Geelong debacle. Unfortunately, at the weekend, we were in “Geelong debacle” mode. If we can actually field a team this weekend against Carlton, we might have a better chance of flicking the switch. This match could prove to be a real watershed moment. We’ve been flogging the Blues by 70+ every time over the past 5 years. That trend is most likely going to be reversed by about 100 points, if the past 5 games are any guideline, unfortunately.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BowWow1978

All Australian
Feb 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I actually think we went into the Tigers game with the same plan that dismantled Port Adelaide in R22 , just after the Geelong debacle. Unfortunately, at the weekend, we were in “Geelong debacle” mode. If we can actually field a team this weekend against Carlton, we might have a better chance of flicking the switch. This match could prove to be a real watershed moment. We’ve been flogging the Blues by 70+ every time over the past 5 years. That trend is most likely going to be reversed by about 100 points, if the past 5 games are any guideline, unfortunately.

We have 10 of our best 22 on the injury list. I just can't see us winning.

We have 10 of our best 22 on the injury list. I just can't see us winning.

At least, our general expectations have well and truly been tempered at this stage. I think a few of us went into the Richmond game with some hopes of a rebound. Any shred of confidence has now been well and truly knocked on the head. At least, now we can focus our attention on the positives, without really worrying about the scoreboard- Lol, as if that’s ever going to happen come game-day...

Back