Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly their prices are just stupidly expensive now. I just looked up an old order of mine from 2016; I got a 2009-10 City away kit brand new in bag for £12.99. The same design is up there now in VG second-hand condition for £34.99. No way has its value increased nearly threefold.

The cheapest City shirt on the entire site (in at least VG condition, L/XL size) is also £34.99 for a 2007-08 home. I have that very same shirt. Wonder if I could sell it back to them for a price.

Once you add in shipping you're looking at a total of $80 AUD for, again, the cheapest shirt possible on the site.

It's not the same anymore.
For sure. I think my order there was between 100 and 150 (could be wrong) but I got 4 QPR jerseys, 1 QPR jacket and one pair of QPR shorts. That seems low actually now that I think of it, but yeah definitely gone up.

Absolute madness. 5pm UK time (2am AEST) was the drop. Site crashed, some tops are still there. The 1996-98 Nigeria Player Issue Away Shirts were sold out at £299.99 (AU$541.72) a pop! God knows how many there were. I said screw it, I stayed up, might as well grab a little piece of this dead stock and bought a '96 Olympics PI Nigeria cap with tags for AU$83. It'll be an interesting next few weeks when these start popping up on eBay for 3x its price

Couple newies
20200721_104012.jpeg
20200721_104029.jpeg
20200721_104001.jpeg
20200721_104039.jpeg
20200721_104049.jpeg
20200721_104058.jpeg
20200721_104106.jpeg

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Anybody else bought a Premier League kit recently?

I got this one delivered today. I know that technically its not accurate, as the gold badge won't actually appear till next season, but I wanted to get it more as a memento of our league winning season. Anywho, what struck me was the size of the PL patch. It looked smaller than usual, and sizing it up against my 17-18 kit confirmed it. I initially thought that they had cocked up and put a kids size on, but research tells me that this is actually the "adults" size, which is smaller than the "players" size. I must say I was pretty disappointed. They also managed to get a fold line right through the patch for good measure.

IMG_6712.JPG
IMG_6714.JPG

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix

I got this one delivered today. I know that technically its not accurate, as the gold badge won't actually appear till next season, but I wanted to get it more as a memento of our league winning season. Anywho, what struck me was the size of the PL patch. It looked smaller than usual, and sizing it up against my 17-18 kit confirmed it. I initially thought that they had cocked up and put a kids size on, but research tells me that this is actually the "adults" size, which is smaller than the "players" size. I must say I was pretty disappointed. They also managed to get a fold line right through the patch for good measure.

View attachment 917187View attachment 917188
And they apparently only started heatpressing the plastic patches last season. But yep, that's the one.

Question: How hard was it to fit your head through this year's kit? I struggled (I have a lot of hair so maybe that's why)

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
And they apparently only started heatpressing the plastic patches last season. But yep, that's the one.

Question: How hard was it to fit your head through this year's kit? I struggled (I have a lot of hair so maybe that's why)

Yeah looks like there is a new supplier. There are places selling the larger size ones, which annoys me even more because now I want to replace it but I don't want to ruin it.

Head hole definitely runs small. Was tight, and I definitely wouldn't say I have a big head.

Yeah looks like there is a new supplier. There are places selling the larger size ones, which annoys me even more because now I want to replace it but I don't want to ruin it.

Head hole definitely runs small. Was tight, and I definitely wouldn't say I have a big head.
Yeah they made a switch from PlayerID to Avery Dennison this year.

BeeEye0015

Rookie
Dec 1, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

View attachment 917187View attachment 917188
I did a little tour of Europe at the end fo last year/start of this year, and went to a few EPL games during my time in London and Brighton. I did notice when purchasing a few jerseys how small the EPL Badge is on all replicas purchased compared to the size of the badge that the players have on their sleeve

Attachments

• IMG_7492.JPG
    IMG_7492.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 106
Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

aa0e88a59640ca673c1f0ffe0ee16161.jpg

West Brom going the barcode for their return to the Premier League next season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Surely they get a bigger sponsor than 'Ideal Boilers' for next season. But then again, wouldn't it be great for the best mascot in sport to be shown off to the world via the premier league?
_102846518_hi048499052.jpg

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
0030291_ss-home-jsy-20-21_1000.jpeg

I think Bradford's kits might seriously be my favourite in UK football. I've always loved the colours. The thick pinstripes here are bringing up bad associations for me (NMFC) but they've done a fantastic job changing up the layout with all sorts of different patterns over the years. These look sensational with the black shorts and socks. I could even start a Bradford collection.

EDIT: I just watched this documentary about two Germans that bought Bradford City in 2016. Worth watching, it's a bit like the Sunderland Netflix film.

Last edited:
0030291_ss-home-jsy-20-21_1000.jpeg

I think Bradford's kits might seriously be my favourite in UK football. I've always loved the colours. The thick pinstripes here are bringing up bad associations for me (NMFC) but they've done a fantastic job changing up the layout with all sorts of different patterns over the years. These look sensational with the black shorts and socks. I could even start a Bradford collection.

EDIT: I just watched this documentary about two Germans that bought Bradford City in 2016. Worth watching, it's a bit like the Sunderland Netflix film.

has a strong late 90s nike vibe in terms of production value and details, in a very good way.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC

A good move, strong brand but not overstepping the mark with a massive name that may not hang around long. It gives the club a chance to work up to the bigger manufacturers in the future.

Also I didn't think Stanno would remain the main manufacturer for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back