2020 Gold Coast Fantasy Football Comps and Questions - Congrats to Choppers: 12th in the World!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jumped on bailey Smith this week. To cheap not to, hopefully neale drops even harder this week
I tossed up whether to get Bailey Smith in Rd9, as I want 2 rookies this round. He's cheap and playing well but don't think he'll finish top 6 Fwd, so decided to go to Walters instead. Now they drop the new fixtures and Walters has Rd10 bye, so will probably go to Hugh with GC having a bye sometime after Rd12.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm kicking myself.
Made so many 'good' choices early

Me taking Luke Parker in round 5 instead of Ridley, only to get Ridley a week later has just jostled my whole year and have been a bit off kilter with upgrading cycle ever since. Then got stuck without enough cash to go Pitt > Gawn last week.

Also stuffed up a few loopholes early and ended up with Luke Parkers 45 as my captains score 2 weeks ago!

Still ranked 1130 so doing ok but easily 300 points down on where I should have been if I didn't make stupid mistakes.

Next few weeks will be so time consuming to work out.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm kicking myself.
Made so many 'good' choices early

Me taking Luke Parker in round 5 instead of Ridley, only to get Ridley a week later has just jostled my whole year and have been a bit off kilter with upgrading cycle ever since. Then got stuck without enough cash to go Pitt > Gawn last week.

Also stuffed up a few loopholes early and ended up with Luke Parkers 45 as my captains score 2 weeks ago!

Still ranked 1130 so doing ok but easily 300 points down on where I should have been if I didn't make stupid mistakes.

Next few weeks will be so time consuming to work out.

Agree with the next few weeks...I think it's imperative to have warm bodies on the bench but also with 3 trades during 9-12, and best 18 during bye rounds, to use your trades to make sure you have the best scorers on the field.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree with the next few weeks...I think it's imperative to have warm bodies on the bench but also with 3 trades during 9-12, and best 18 during bye rounds, to use your trades to make sure you have the best scorers on the field.
I've only got 1 premo from the round 10 bye teams, but 4 from round 11 bye teams.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Bailey Smith seems the logical move this week, definitely under valued. I'm keen on piggy Oliver or Merrett (be 153 so next week) soon too due having had their byes.

Standard tactics would be to hold trades or downgrade leading to a bye but I don't think this is the year for holding trades. Not keen on any of bubble boys this week either.

We might even get more if there are more crazy fixtures in future!

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
League ranked in the top 500.
Well done all.
Easily top performing suns league ever.
5 ranked top 3k
11 ranked top 15k

lead by Choppers who had another great week and is now 3rd overall. Cheering for you mate!

87DB6E82-51D2-476F-91C4-CEE50D49C35D.png

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Choppers I'm in a different league that contains the guy ranked second overall. Dyslexia United.
I can give you the inside word about trades that he's made during the round if you like. Not sure it helps much now, but if you are down to the final few rounds it is critical inside info.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Choppers I'm in a different league that contains the guy ranked second overall. Dyslexia United.
I can give you the inside word about trades that he's made during the round if you like. Not sure it helps much now, but if you are down to the final few rounds it is critical inside info.

Thanks mate. Everything helps and will be appreciated.
Cheers

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Cheers
No problems.

His team name tripped me up. Haha
Dyslexia Untied! Not United.
Fell into the trap.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Cheers
This is the Twitter if the guy in first. Is broadcasting his trades in advance.
Not the smartest thing when it gets down to the nitty gritty.
Definitely worth jumping on Twitter to check it out.
B29175B1-A40C-42D1-B525-43A0AEA00B0C.png

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is the Twitter if the guy in first. Is broadcasting his trades in advance.
Not the smartest thing when it gets down to the nitty gritty.
Definitely worth jumping on Twitter to check it out.View attachment 928527

Cheers. I have the same players but I have Ridley down back instead of Lever. And I don't own a smart phone 'cause I'm an ole f*rt still living in the 20th Century....;)

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Cheers. I have the same players but I have Ridley down back instead of Lever. And I don't own a smart phone 'cause I'm an ole f*rt still living in the 20th Century....;)
You don’t need a phone to get on Twitter.

He doesn’t have Lever.
This was on the panel which shows scores from the whole team in each game.
The dark green denotes his owned players.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey guys, what's the go with David Swallow? I picked him up in fantasy 3 weeks ago and he's been awful ever since. on the weekend he had 2 kicks in the second half! He was also off the ground in crunch time and then not trusted in the midfield when he did come on so was thrown forward. is he injured or just in an awful form slump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back