Prediction Changes Rnd 8 - Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Drop Kennedy, bring in Callum Wilson.

FB_IMG_1595472769820.jpg

I'm curious about all these claims.

Has not been directly outmarked.... lost 2/14 one v one contests.

I distinctly remember the Vic media saying similar things about Robbie Tarrant last year, then JK & Darling proceeded to take a deuce on his head.

Is this what you would like to see or what you think will happen?

As we all know Darling has never been dropped. I can't see MC dropping Darling after arguably playing his best game of the season for a return of 2 goals.

I think we have 3 options in terms of rucks:

The "safe" option is

Out: Allen
In: Hickey

the "let's take a chance and back in our young talent" option

Out: Allen
In: Williams

The final option is the "let's back in Nic to be able to take a bigger load and play 75% TOG".

The final option may not be the preference of the match committee, but Simmo has been talking about gradually increasing Nic's minutes since the first couple of weeks we were in QLD.

To his credit, Nic has held up his end of the bargain, he has gradually increased his TOG and has been on a shortlist of our best players this year. I could see Simmo talking to Nic and telling him that we need him to take the next step in terms of his ability to stay on the ground longer.

I guess we will see later on today what way the MC goes.
What I would like to see. I want to see Williams get a chance.

Given Howell is out and he normally keeps Jack quiet, it might be a chance for Jack to get some sustained form. He was OK last week but hardly the JD we need to really compete.

Last edited:
This is where Waterman is key. As a 3rd tall he's getting the 3rd best defender.

Not saying he has to kick 5, but he does have to have a strong impact on the game for us to win imo.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Waterman is developing into our Tom Lynch (Crows version) that 3rd tall who covers a stack of ground as a link option. Can push right forward and pick up a goal or two when these space but more likely to be found on the wing taking a mark and hitting up someone in the forward 50.
Lynch was awesome for a few years there. If waterman can get to that level will be very happy

Our optus record must be pretty good atm?

So we have only lost to Pies , Hawks, Bombers & Swans? 2 of those in 2018 and two last year.

We're 23W 6L

Losses

Sydney (night)
Essendon (night)
Melbourne (day)

Port (night)
Collingwood (night)
Hawthorn (night)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Francis 'The Freak' Watson has looked good in the practice games. Has he ever played as a forward? He certainly has the skills and pace and seems to love a tackle.
Is he just a better one on one then run off them than a forward type?

Could we see Jetta come back in as a small forward?

Good news coming out of the Collingwood Camp.

Varcoe has been dangerous against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back