Podcast Podcast week 4 - TEs, FleaFlicker & GreyWind !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Hello! After a few weeks of technical issues, here is the next episode of the podcast!!

This week, the Four Turkeys are joined by long time board poster GreyWind - and we look at tight ends across the NFL.
Then we review the recent draft in the FleaFlicker league that is run on the board.
Blacky , Brasher and company provide some free roster advice to every member of the comp!!

It is a pretty unique league, with every team having to start two TEs each week, and some great flex position requirements - plus only 1 QB allowed to start!

Roster Requirements​
STARTERS REQUIRED: 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DB, 2 EDR/IL, 2 LB, 2 DB/EDR/IL/LB (CB, S, EDR, IL)​
Totals 40: 20 Starters, 20 Bench, +2 IR​

It is also GreyWind 's favourite league on the board.

League details here:​

For all BigFooty FleaFlicker league players - there is a two week right of reply to all the "advice and reviews" from panel members, so have at it in the thread below, let's hear from you!!

Then GreyWind joins fuey at Fuey's Buffet, with a former Niner Roider as guest. Interesting service concept from the Brash...
We finish up with a game of TEE, using the squads from the FleaFlicker league.

Let us know what you think!!

Last edited:

I honestly thought you'd cut half my comments of this one, happy to hear that you did not.

I WILL NOT BE CENSORED!

Really enjoyable listen this one.
Especially at 32:10 - 32:20 of the first part ey...

I think it was Blacky who advised me to trade Kamara, doubt i will be doing that. His production was down but it was more a result of his own injuries than those of Brees. Looking for a bounce back in 2020, even a small one will put him amongst the top RB's.

Totally agree with Brasher with his comments on Kenny Stills, drafted him in the 8th round and think he will see more passes this season. Worth a punt that late in the draft anyway. With so many offensive spots to fill in the league it only takes a couple of injuries to then wear a few donuts on the field and Stills can at least step in and be a decent back up when needed.

The fleaflickr league is a great one, dedicated owners, competitive and offers a bit of variety in roster spots.

Surprised the interesting history of this league was not discussed... I believe it survived deletion by a disgruntled commish?
Clearly you haven't listened to the TEE game, when we have a go at who we would trade, extend or end from each of four teams across the league.
League history gets a creative mention from Blacky (with some gratuitous follow up pile on from me) starting around 21:48. But you really need to listen to the whole Buffet and TEE thingo for it to really make sense...

Including mention of the best ever four word, two sentence post on the Board...

Clearly you haven't listened to the TEE game, when we have a go at who we would trade, extend or end from each of four teams across the league.
League history gets a creative mention from Blacky (with some gratuitous follow up pile on from me) starting around 21:48. But you really need to listen to the whole Buffet and TEE thingo for it to really make sense...

Including mention of the best ever four word, two sentence post on the Board...
I just listened to the first video so guess I missed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just listened to the first video so guess I missed it.
So listen to the buffet and TEE, eating food and trading / firing people is always heaps of fun!

Plus your squad gets special attention in TEE.

Blacky the advice you should have given me is to go easy on the guys in my division for a change.

Son of GG is looking to make it a 4peat this year. 👍

For GreyWind

2020 Projection
Blake Jarwin is in the perfect position to succeed in 2020. Jason Witten somehow received 83 targets last year, and Jarwin should be first in line to fill Witten’s shoes. If anything, the younger and more athletic Jarwin has the potential to be more effective with his targets than Witten was with his. Dallas clearly believes Jarwin has the ability to fill this void, as they gave him a four-year, $22 million contract right before free agency.

TEs and QBs are probably the two most useless positions in this league imo coz of the starting requirements.

Especially disagree with blacky bout the value of QBs in this league, pointless having numerous players scoring 30 points plus a week on your bench when you can only start one. If I could carry just one on my roster I would. I'd have taken Lutz over Herbert like Jesus did also.

Especially disagree with blacky bout the value of QBs in this league, pointless having numerous players scoring 30 points plus a week on your bench when you can only start one. If I could carry just one on my roster I would. I'd have taken Lutz over Herbert like Jesus did also.

I get how it looks odd, though QB wasn't on my radar at that stage with Llama, Nick Nack Murray and Tom™, it was the last of my 'requirement picks'.

Zero kickers and wanted at least one of the two required to be up there.

Not even a fan of taking Love with the next pick, but my requirement picks where done and it was a long stash for the hell of it as he is basically guranteed to get a decent shot at it.

Have also offered up all 3 QB's for trades in recent times and am still open to it. No offers really grabbed me though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back