Past #39: Flynn Perez - drafted w/ #39 in 2019 ND - 2x ACL - delisted end '23 - 24 NM games / 1 NM goals - thanks Flynn

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve nearly worn out the vhs watching his highlights. Haven’t seen a bloke come to us That you can’t actually tell which is his natural kicking foot for a long time. Can’t even think of the last one really. Maybe the Duck. There hasn’t been many.
Limited players overall sure, but Sammy Wright and Bastinac were two of the best dual-sides kicks I’ve seen.

Haven’t seen a bloke come to us That you can’t actually tell which is his natural kicking foot for a long time. Can’t even think of the last one really. Maybe the Duck. There hasn’t been many.

Shaun Higgins?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Limited players overall sure, but Sammy Wright and Bastinac were two of the best dual-sides kicks I’ve seen.
I reckon Sam was a good player. Struck down by injury (where have we heard that before) reaching his prime. Just the sort of skilled hb we are crying out for.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reckon Sam was a good player. Struck down by injury (where have we heard that before) reaching his prime. Just the sort of skilled hb we are crying out for.

Funny how a lot of posters thought we were mad selecting Perez with what our 2nd pick after comben? When there were still a few of the so called best 20 still left on the board

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know its a highlights video but his disposal looks elite:

The best thing about that vid wasn't that he just hit targets, it was that he often kicked it to where he wanted the recipient to go. Multiple occasions where you would normally expect a contest were made into an uncontested mark. That is elite. Hopefully he can do it at AFL pace and his contested work, etc are also up to scratch.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
I know its a highlights video but his disposal looks elite:

Boomer and shagger in one

The best thing about that vid wasn't that he just hit targets, it was that he often kicked it to where he wanted the recipient to go. Multiple occasions where you would normally expect a contest were made into an uncontested mark. That is elite. Hopefully he can do it at AFL pace and his contested work, etc are also up to scratch.

Yes has great vision and seems to make decisions quickly.
The anti atley

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Exactly. He draws the target to where he wants them, and threads some pretty tight needles to hit them too. I think that vision and creativity is something that can't be coached.

I challenge any North supporter to hear the name Sam Wright and not have a wonderful, momentary flashback!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve nearly worn out the vhs watching his highlights. Haven’t seen a bloke come to us That you can’t actually tell which is his natural kicking foot for a long time. Can’t even think of the last one really. Maybe the Duck. There hasn’t been many.
Here's a tip.

Upgrade to digital.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wow let’s talk up yet another player as a potential gun - who hasn’t played a game yet.

It's all about proximity to actually playing games of senior football. When they are in the team and actually playing footy that is the nadir of their status on BF. The more we can just focus on potential with a young player without the risk that our views will be crushed on the ground on Saturday the better. It is similar for injured players. The longer they are injured, the better they were and their importance to our structure and on-field performance grows. So right now Ben Jacobs is the most important player to North since Carey and Turner is a match-winner on his day. If Turner can miss the rest of the season his status will rise to "unlucky not to be All Australian".

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Look at you all GenY flash.

Ferball says " hi "

images.jpeg-13.jpg

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Not fussed with Flynn. Was likely a 2021 starter anyway and now he can get himself ship shape for next season.

It's guys like Walker I don't want to see on and off the list.

Back