May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Ahern tyson walker has played mid in the scratchies

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just what we want, Ahern and Tyson playing. God help us. Would be like watching mud wrestling (without the chick in bikinis) - as they both as slow as treacle.

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
Atley, Macmillan and Hall clearly don't buy Tatts tickets. At any other time their arses would be grass. But the moment they NEED to be dropped, there's no one else fit enough to replace them even when 4 changes are made. They are seriously Teflon.
I swear Hall must have pictures of someone. Atley I think the selectors forget he is even still on the list.

Lol.
Everyone smashed Jed about his Recent performances and now he is the Messiah?
LDU hasn’t played a senior game in 12 months?
Larkey won’t catch much if it’s pissing down rain, Zurhaar will crunch a few people and that’s about it.

Cant see much difference in the result to be honest.
Not everyone. People who watched the games properly didn't.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
What on earth have you seen over the past 5 weeks that suggests we should be hopeful about this week?

* all. But this is the best looking team we’ve had in for a long while. Really only missing Cunners, Jack, Majak, and Thomas. A few will be better for the run.

9 of the under 22 brigade in also helps the interest factor.

To build on that...if Simpkin is a late out - how does the team get shuffled to suit?

You guys know your stuff. Does he play? I'll cut my Hilux in half and gift it if you're right...

My word, you must have just had a quick glance at a very few posts on here, to make that statement. If I may be so bold, I would suggest that very few posters here know their stuff, judging by what I see.

Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It doesn't seem right, but Carlton are going in with an average age of 26 years and three months. Just as shocking is the fact that they're the second most experienced side named this weekend.

Not that it has any relevance towards this game, but it's kind of crazy how quickly Carlton have gone from a young side getting thumped every week to a team of journeyman and outcasts punching about their weight.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
It doesn't seem right, but Carlton are going in with an average age of 26 years and three months. Just as shocking is the fact that they're the second most experienced side named this weekend.

Not that it has any relevance towards this game, but it's kind of crazy how quickly Carlton have gone from a young side getting thumped every week to a team of journeyman and outcasts punching about their weight.

Kade Simpson being 45 boosts the stats a bit.

First piece of half-decent selection table news for the season. Hopefully, Larkey gets through.
Fingers crossed the wet weather leads to softer conditions rather than just slippery. Softer ground will suit all our ins, I think/hope. Just as long as nobody succumbs to the Lachie Hansen splits!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like many here these ins 'feel' like the best piece of news the club's had in a long time. LDU and Larkey extremely exciting additions and hopefully we can now have some luck with our younger players - i.e. no more injuries please.

Also surprised that Jy has been named. Looking at the emergencies I'd say the most likely scenario is that Murphy comes in for Simpkin and takes LMacs position in the back pocket. LMac is pushed into the centre in a tagging role. Not in the slightest bit concerned that Maj is still yet to be named. Why would the club want to bring him into a game that is most likely going to be played in a monsoon? Doing everything possible to maximise his return, build his confidence and provide the right environment whereby he can display his strengths and natural ability is more important than playing him just for the sake of it. Barring injury he'll play in the next few weeks.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
It was only a sore calf.... wasn't pinged

Just like Cunners had a "sore" back, and Jack had a "sore" hammy...

Do we want another TT, where Cam does more damage and is out for the year??

Ludicrous to play him this week. And unnecessary. Achieves nothing.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just what we want, Ahern and Tyson playing. God help us. Would be like watching mud wrestling (without the chick in bikinis) - as they both as slow as treacle.

Ahern, Anderson, Ziebell, Cunnington, Tyson are players that could cover the inside nut for 5 teams meaning only 1 of them should be in the team at anytime. At least Ahern has a little bit of backline credentials and Ziebell a forward, the rest look very one paced and one trick pony. One of Anderson will do, mcdonald to tag and simpkin to drive, look decent. The flanks look firm. The forward line is much better structured although would be even better if brown is out. larkey walker forward as key forward might actually work to our style. The team on paper looks decent enough but much goes on between the ears.

iSmack

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Simpkin and Zurhaar are out......we lose.

Were struggling to get forward 50 entries and marks inside 50 with those two in the side let alone out the side.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After those ins my confidence is silently higher.

Won't be a perfect match but at least it might be slightly less painful.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
🤣 We should have brought in the ADF. Sack Scamper!

his responds to that is:
tenor.gif

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I swear Hall must have pictures of someone. Atley I think the selectors forget he is even still on the list.
Hall was in our best players last week. I think what has happened with Atley is that his magnet has rusted onto the board and we can't afford a new one. He will be lining up on the half-back flank in perpetuity as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back