Preview Changes: R8 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Mc Pherson needs to stay in the team - really liked his work so far. He can have Laird's spot on the half back flank, so he can move to the midfield. I quite liked his game there. I can't see Hartigan in the forward line, but perhaps he is there just to compete in the air when the midfielders bomb the ball in high like last week.
Oh and continue to be worried by the lack of a second rucking option.

i actually dont mind brereton... he reads the play extremely well imo. he’s also definately got a soft spot for many crows players..

but yeah, Wayne Carey is my favourite for the expert commentary..

both were unbelievable footballers.. Carey IMO is the best I've ever seen in my lifetime.. fu** i used to hate watching him tear us apart in the 90’s but I also admired it at the same time.. just in awe of the blokes ability to turn a game.

I'm just over the play by play callers. Honestly why do Australian sport feel they need to tell me what I'm watching? It's the whole point of the telecast.

I'd rather someone commenting about useful information... tactics, structure, player info, etc
Most useless point of the telecast. Getting told the play by play. If I can't see the TV then I'd be listening to the radio...

Either they think it's required or they're just too dumb to talk about the game overall.

He started showing the first signs of panic after that Freo game, reckon he thought they’d win that and he’d get some sort of monkey off his back, ever since then it looks like he’s relying deep on the sh*t “experienced” heads left around the footy club for advice on all matters football and it’s showing

Benny Hart came back. Nothing more to be said.

I’ve never been more disappointed with my footy club.
I was extremely happy with the direction they seemed to be heading down at the start of the year, was prepared for the losses in the hope they had finally realized what it takes to build a premiership team,but, that has now turned to anger.
How you can continue to play Talia, Hartigan, Kelly and Brown in the same back line baffles me. Why Would you move Smith, who was actually performing, to the forward line to accommodate David “can’t stick a tackle, can’t break a tackle” Mackay is equally as baffling.
I could go on and on but I’m just getting angrier!
I think I’m done with them until real change occurs.

Keays our best mid all season and is starting on the bench with Matt on the field 😡
No way Keays starts on the bench. He’ll go straight to his assignment who will most surely be starting on field, unless Ess are toying around and their best play-maker starts on the bench. Keays is in the team to stay...this season at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McPherson, McHenry, Kelly and Keays will be the bench meaning unchanged. Unless they feel with these quick succession games some players may need to be rested. Therefor Gibbs etc will play a pivotal role over the coming weeks.

It's nights like tonight you lose faith in Nicks.

After a strong start with selection, he has gone weak at the knees & completely forgotten we are in a rebuild year.

These selections are up there with one of our most disgraceful in our history.
It’s taken you this long? I lost faith ages ago and it had nothing to do do with selection.

Impossible to predict that we'd find ourselves here. Who'd have thought that the people that employed Pyke would employ someone with similar philosophies on football? It's almost like there's a football strategy that sits above the senior coach that coaches would need to align to if they're to be successful in getting our gig. Shocked to be sitting here.

Its like the club thinks the fans want to see a win. But the fans dont give a sh*t about 1 or 2 pointless wins at this stage, they want to see progression in development, hacks like MacKay out, expired vets out, exciting kids in.

Sadly a lot of the fans do just want to see a win. I got shot down on FB for daring to suggest Hartigan should be dropped.

Frustrated doesn't cover anywhere close to how I would be if McPherson, Mcasey or Stengle dropped .
How in the hell has Murphy or McHenry shown enough this year to get selected to edge out Stengle who at least knows how to crumb and kick goals.
McPherson has shown in 2 games enough to be a long term backman with good skills and solid competitive body .

Its like the club thinks the fans want to see a win. But the fans dont give a sh*t about 1 or 2 pointless wins at this stage, they want to see progression in development, hacks like MacKay out, expired vets out, exciting kids in.

We'd be more likely to win without the old hacks, amusingly enough.

What are Fagan and Chapman’s emails? This is the first time I’ve been furious enough to actually bother emailing the club about it. I’m not going to stand for this sh*t and if things don’t change I will never be able to look at the club the same anymore.
Congrats on finally taking the red pill and joining the rest of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back