AFL 2020 - AFL Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I could make a case for J Higgins to kick 2+ goals throughout in 2018 and 2019, he has kicked 2+ goals in 8 matches from 33 matches. Higgins is quoted as $11.00 on BetEasy to kick 2+ goals tonight. he has been labelled to play Centre Half forward tonight as well

He has yet to strike 2+ goals in 2020 but maybe he is due tonight?

Think someone touched on the Carlton small forwards earlier in the thread, but Martin looks to be a solid spot. 5/7 for AGS this year, has had at leas 2 scoring shots in 5/7 this year, straight kicking or more opportunity and he gets the 2+. Will be wet, so ball should be around the ground level. Expect the speed of the small forwards to have a day out vs the struggling Kangaroos.

2u J.Martin AGS @ $1.83 (365)
1u J.Martin 2+ goals @ $4.50 (BetEasy)

Think someone touched on the Carlton small forwards earlier in the thread, but Martin looks to be a solid spot. 5/7 for AGS this year, has had at leas 2 scoring shots in 5/7 this year, straight kicking or more opportunity and he gets the 2+. Will be wet, so ball should be around the ground level. Expect the speed of the small forwards to have a day out vs the struggling Kangaroos.

Good bet. Our small defenders are awful.

2g @4.50 is at SB not be
(Agree and Tailing this and Carlton tips and Carlton line too)

Yeah I'm convinced the Blue small forwards + Cripps will clean up tomorrow. Reasons given here.

tl;dr We are either tanking or we are cooked.

Williams out and no one in to replace him when we are coming up against a team with three dangerous small forward is madness.

Macmillan, Atley, Pittard, Heyward (?) will not stop Betts / Martin / Gibbons.

I could be wrong but I foresee a shellacking.

The only thing that might save North is Goldstein drubbing Pittonet in the ruck, either winning or halving the centre clearances.

If Pittonet gets going early, ooh boy, the Sack Shaw thread on the north board will single-handedly require chief to upgrade his servers again.

Think Jayden Short beating the Fantasy line is looking good. Only concern is the lack of forward 50 entries by the giants.

Toby Greene $8 to kick 3 or more & $26 to kick 4 or more at SB.

Covers this pretty often including 2 of 5 games (the 3+) this year.

Kicked 3 against Collingwood in the first game back after missing a week due to knee soreness, just like this game, so the lay-off shouldn't necessarily be a hindrance.

Both 3+ games were at home like tonight, and I also expect GWS to win quite strongly tonight so there should be a fair few goals up for grabs.

Also, people talking about Walker playing forward, he won't be, but Larkey will be who is paying $7 for 2 or more and $31 for 3 or more.

Kicked 2 and 3 in the 2 pre-season games this year suggesting he had made even further improvement on last season, where he still kicked 2+ 5 times from 17 games, as well as 3+ twice and 5+ twice, so he can hit the target, but honestly I don't see it happening due to a long lay-off due to first game back since Covid moratorium and North likely not kicking many goals due to getting pumped, but $7 & $31 odds are still nice profitable odds over the stretch.

I'm starting to warm up to Dusty tonight for goals - can anyone remind me, does De Boer go to Dusty in this matchup?
he does. which usually means dusty just sits forward for most parts of the game. did it in the granny and kicked 4. only thing is no cotchin or prestia, they play a big part in why dusty is able to spend so much time up forward. didnt seem to effect him though he still went forward and got his 2 last week while being tagged. was probably on ball a bit more than usual but not much difference really.

im also on him for 2+ fwiw

Warming up to GWS the more i look at it. Tigers have had a fairly easy run in comparison to GWS. Especially last 2 weeks with GWS playing Lions and Port (who both also happen to have the best I50 differentials in the league) , Tigers playing North and Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back