Preview Changes: R8 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't understand the Gibbs obsession, especially the media. Like we owe him something? (other than what I'm sure is the decent amount of money he gets to run around in the reserves...) Do a few of them know Ross Gibbs personally or something? Or Bryce is a VFL star, we should be grateful he came home and should reward him with a gold pass?

He's just not up to it and even if he does get it together and has a great second half of this year, a great 2021, it doesn't change how we should judge the success of the deal.

He was brought in to top up in 2018/19, I'm not really fussed to be honest, worth the risk, would have probably been useful back in 2018 if the rest of the club didn't turn to s**t, I probably would have done the deal.

Ultimately it failed, Gibbs having a good 2020/21 would do nothing to help our overall results, get us no closer to a premiership and do nothing to make the trade more worthwhile.

Don't understand the Gibbs obsession, especially the media. Like we owe him something? (other than what I'm sure is the decent amount of money he gets to run around in the reserves...) Do a few of them know Ross Gibbs personally or something? Or Bryce is a VFL star, we owe him something for coming home?

He's just not up to it and even if he does get it together and has a great second half of this year, a great 2021, it doesn't change how we should judge the success of the deal.

He was brought in to top up in 2018/19, I'm not really fussed to be honest, worth the risk, would have probably been useful back in 2018 if the rest of the club didn't turn to sh*t, I probably would have done the deal.

Ultimately it failed, Gibbs having a good 2020/21 would do nothing to help our overall results, get us no closer to a premiership and do nothing to make the trade more worthwhile.

He is a good cheerleader.....for Carlton.

So if Murphy is in for McHenry, and Gibbs won't play, then what is this other "change" we are supposedly looking at?

It's either Atkins or Himmelberg in for either McPherson, Kelly or Keays. Sounds yucky unless it's Kelly out, although Kelly is "fine" according to Nicks

Didn't hear the presser, so thanks for that clarification. I hope Gibbs has suited up for us for the last time no matter how many games we play in a short timespan.

It helps Bryce concentrate on his game. Oh wait.

So if Murphy is in for McHenry, and Gibbs won't play, then what is this other "change" we are supposedly looking at?

It's either Atkins or Himmelberg in for either McPherson, Kelly or Keays. Sounds yucky unless it's Kelly out, although Kelly is "fine" according to Nicks
Could only be if Kelly doesn’t get up I suspect, but who knows, they’re just as likely to drop our best midfielder for the years in Keays

I said Himmers but forgot Rat. He’s most likely.

Gradually weeding out these pesky kids.

Don't understand the Gibbs obsession, especially the media. Like we owe him something? (other than what I'm sure is the decent amount of money he gets to run around in the reserves...) Do a few of them know Ross Gibbs personally or something? Or Bryce is a VFL star, we should be grateful he came home and should reward him with a gold pass?

He was brought in to top up in 2018/19, I'm not really fussed to be honest, worth the risk, would have probably been useful back in 2018 if the rest of the club didn't turn to sh*t, I probably would have done the deal.

Agree - I don't know why Rowie et al aren't saying similar things about Jack Watts not getting a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg should come in as we need a 2nd ruck this week. Don't know who comes out though.
We need another tall up forward too, or at least someone who can make a contest and bring the ball to ground. Not sure if Himmelberg is the right choice for this though. We should have just left Frampton in the side last week as he can actually crash a pack.

Himmelberg has shown he’s not up to it, even Frampton has outperformed him this year. Yet we still don’t give Strachan a go.

Super glad Murphy is back with his last three games of 7, 7, and 4 disposal really shining.

They
better not drop McPherson. He has been really good. Deserves to stay in the team.
They couldn't could they?
Would never say never with these morons..

McPherson has been great.. he’s looked much the same as Doedee was in his first games for the club at the top level.. just looks like he’s slotted straight in and already has 50 games of experience under his belt.. cool, calm and collected under pressure.

If goes out for a spud like himmelberg, Atkins or someone like that will be a total disgrace.

We need another tall up forward too, or at least someone who can make a contest and bring the ball to ground. Not sure if Himmelberg is the right choice for this though. We should have just left Frampton in the side last week as he can actually crash a pack.
Murphy’s back so should return to our favoured role for him - the get out of jail bomb it long option, previously occupied by Tippett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back