Preview Changes: R8 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to win too, just once will do.

But I want to win the right way.

I don’t care if we don’t win a game. Chasing a win playing near the oldest group available for weeks on end is what our supporters excused for years when we were still a mathematical chance. We still may be, but there’s no realistic chance and selection is still about this week only. The club is broken, pure and simple.

There’s nothing on Twitter about that
Its what I think and a matter of taking eac player from the bench

Murphy - In for McHenry
mcHenry - Hes Out
Gibbs - Coach says e wont play
Kelly - Wont be dropped
Atkins - Maybe
Keays - Wont be dropped
Burger - Not required against The Chambers
McPherson - Wont be dropped

So makes sense that the bench is Murphy, Kelly, Keays, McPherson

I don’t care if we don’t win a game. Chasing a win playing near the oldest group available for weeks on end is what our supporters excused for years when we were still a mathematical chance. We still may be, but there’s no realistic chance and selection is still about this week only. The club is broken, pure and simple.
I'd be annoyed if we won this week doing that, but if we jagged a win or 2 with those guys not playing I'd be happy.

I don't want a winless season and I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would

I'd be annoyed if we won this week doing that, but if we jagged a win or 2 with those guys not playing I'd be happy.

I don't want a winless season and I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would

I choose winless with current philosophy. I’m happy to win 1,2 or more, but not whilst maintaining the experience + continuity = success philosophy that we’ve embraced since Neil Craig took the reigns.

I choose winless with current philosophy. I’m happy to win 1,2 or more, but not whilst maintaining the experience + continuity = success philosophy that we’ve embraced since Neil Craig took the reigns.
I'm the same.

And if he isn't injured can we assume Ned comes back in next week ?? I mean McAsey did so that gives me hope

I'm the same.

And if he isn't injured can we assume Ned comes back in next week ?? I mean McAsey did so that gives me hope

LOL.

Barring injury or suspension to Murphy, he'll probably have to wait until a few weeks after we're no longer mathematically still in finals contention. Round 16 maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? I didn't watch it so just looking at stats, it doesn't look like a 'blinder'. He looked liked he kept his opponent well held (Day and King only 4 touches), but didn't seem to offer much offensively...again, just from the stats. Note Max King only had 4 touches last week too and Membry had 7 on Hartigan

7 kicks, 6 HB, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 1 free against
Q1: 2HB, 1 tackle
Q2: 2 kicks, 1 HB, 2 marks
Q3: 2 kicks, 2 HB
Q4: 2 kicks, 1 HB, 1 tackle

I watched the last half and Keath played very well.

LOL.

Barring injury or suspension to Murphy, he'll probably have to wait until a few weeks after we're no longer mathematically still in finals contention. Round 16 maybe.
McAsey did come straight back in after his rest though, but agreed it’s hard to trust that actually happening. The condensed fixture probably means he will come back in soon anyway.

"Small Forward for Small Forward". Classic Adelaide footy club.

It's actually midfielder played out of position for half back played out of position.

And Murphy is trash in any position.
While I wouldnt use the term 'trash' to describe Murphy - I do think he offers nothing. At 37 games he needs to do more

Matt Crouch and Seedsman named on the ball.

What's the record for the quickest centre clearance and forward 50 entry?

Im happy with a winless season as it will place even more pressure on Chappy, Roo, the rest of the board and Fagan.

It will highlight their incompetance even further.

I do feel for Nicks thought, he's on a hiding to nothing.

Ok, I'm all for Jake Kelly being dropped. Rest doesn't enthuse me, though I can live with us being careful with McHenry seeing I do remember a car crash causing some back issues last year.

Matt Crouch shouldn't be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back